why cant i connect to TPro online?

Dizzy · 14 · 15939

Offline Dizzy

• View Profile
for some reason I cant connect to online, but im starting to think its just on my side. can someone help me? thanks. - pizza (i really wanted to celebrate my bday with everyone)

Offline BlazE

• Upload Approved
    • View Profile
Could you give more information? What is occurring when you try to connect?
Find mods and tutorials by me at www.tnthps.us

Offline sk8ace

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Have you installed any new antivirus/firewall software recently? Usually that is the case for not being able to connect. you are probably going to have to add an exception for thugpro to allow it to connect.

Offline Dizzy

• View Profile
@blaze - ill press play online then itll say connecting to openspy, then itll just stay forever. then ill exit and try it again then itll freeze.

@ace - never thought about that, im gonna have to try that

Offline Dizzy

• View Profile
update @ace - i didnt download any new firewall/antivirus but i checked both my current firewall and antivirus, made sure to add it under the exceptions list and it still doesnt connect.

Offline Blu

• View Profile
It seems to be happening to a lot of people. There are just lobbies of one player and all of them are unjoinable.

Offline sk8ace

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Try disabling your firewall and try getting on, then disable your antivirus and try. What username do you use online?

Offline sk8ace

• Administrator
    • View Profile
It seems to be happening to a lot of people. There are just lobbies of one player and all of them are unjoinable.

That is a different issue. That is most likely due to port forwarding. Either you don't have 5153(sometimes 5154) forwarded or the host of the room does not. Can also be that the host is allowing outgoing connections but not incoming connections in the firewall settings.

Offline Dizzy

• View Profile
ill try it when i wakeup tomorrow, im not exactly 100% right now haha but i will get to that.

Offline Dizzy

• View Profile
and the username i use is pizza, sometimes dizzy / drizza / pizza around there haha

Offline Dizzy

• View Profile
so its solved, i had my name as "Pizza (^.^)" but once i changed it to just pizza it worked. im guessing it was the characters.

Offline sk8ace

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Strange. that's a new one lol. Never heard of a name that causes joining issues.