Update 0.8.0.0 speculation

Poll

THUGPro 0.8.0.0 Update

THPS2 levels
THP8 levels
New tech (bank drops, bert slides, etc.)
Create-a-Graphic
Classic Mode
None/Other (leave your answer in the comments)

Voting closes: December 25, 2024, 10:12:29 pm

Offline ninsegastation

• Upload Approved
  • Not a noob, but not exactly a master
    • View Profile
Since it's been about a year since the last update dropped I think it's time we did some speculation on what's to come later down the line. Especially since some of us got a taste of how the missing levels might play either in ReTHAWed or playing ported maps from the vault. What I want to know is what do you guys think is likely to be in the next THUGPro update?

Anyone else prefer Skate 2 to Skate 3?

Offline ninsegastation

• Upload Approved
  • Not a noob, but not exactly a master
    • View Profile
As much as I'd live to see the decks from Pro Skater 3 & 4 as well as Underground 1 decks that didn't get reused in THUG2 in a future update (and maybe even the THAW decks too), I think the 0.8.0.0 update is gonna be the one to include some or all the remaining THPS2 levels. Maybe even THPS1 Streets if we're lucky.
Anyone else prefer Skate 2 to Skate 3?

Offline Peachboy

• Upload Approved
    • View Profile
As much as all of these options sound great to me, especially the missing levels, i think a classic mode could seriously increase this game's  longevity

Offline Jngel79

• O.K.A. Jace Angel
    • View Profile
At this point, any THUG Pro update is a move to compete with reTHAWed.
Levels wouldn't be concerned that much because some original TH levels can be hard to port if the engine that was used to create them or port them into a later TH game (i.e. Airport, TH3 -> UG2) is a pain to work with. Thus, with THUG Pro having way more levels available than reTHAWed, the latter has some catching up to do.
Besides the levels, reTHAWed can only support THUG Pro skater rigs by "[converting them] to THAW format (Skater1014, Sep 2024)" and having those converted models replace preexisting models, which tends to be less effective than just porting those rigs to THUG Pro.
However, reTHAWed is pretty remarkable because of it's extensive options system that allows players to toggle all known tech and fine-tune physics and tricks, and I believe THUG Pro 0.8.0.0 should aim to close that trick gap to stay relevant (FLOABW) enough to withstand the advent of Dynamod in reTHAWed. Not to mention, an update coming to THUG Pro after an entire year since the last is sure to shake some cobwebs off its public image.
As for the other choices, the implementation of CAGr wouldn't do much given it's merely a gimmick that doesn't serve the point of a Tony Hawk's game. Plus, Skater1014 already covered Classic Mode with the Fun Stuff extension. Although, Classic Mode goals brought back into Goal Attack would be a nice move, but still, most players would rather play TA or Graffiti.
If the sky's the limit, don't expect me to return from space alive.