Soundtrack: LCHC Radio from GTA IV (main game)

Offline strapped4thrash

• View Profile
Hello everyone. I hope you're all doing well.

I am new to the THUG Pro scene and also to this forum. But I wanted to join and contribute with a custom soundtrack.

This is the Liberty City Hardcore radio station from GTA IV. The main game version hosted by Jimmy Gestapo from Murphy's Law!
It features all of the songs from the radio station, along with soundbites of DJ Jimmy G and a few radio ads. It's recommended that you have your music set to shuffle, with songs not to skip after each run.
If this gets enough good feedback, I might code some more GTA or other game soundtracks, or I might even add some bonus songs to this soundtrack, with other classic bands from the "Liberty City" scene.

The only problem I have noticed when playing is that "Victim In Pain" and "Just Can't Hate Enough" have a buffering issue. I'm not sure if that's a me problem or general problem. If you are having that problem too, let me know and I will fix it.

Anyway, here is a download link. Put the .json in the User folder, soundtrack in the music folder blah blah...
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/smqonj92atwqlxy/AADyJDOfNiYqR09rpYtQjmSVa?dl=0

This is Jimmy Gestapo... f*** off. LCHC for life!

ThAEm

Not gonna lie, I like the concept of a faux radio station in THUGPro. the bumpers and commentary really add to the whole "radio" immersion. you should definitely do some more GTA radio stations! Maybe some from the other games, too?

As for the songs that have "buffering issues", their file names are too long. trying to preview a long-named song through the tracklist viewer causes that buffer overrun. So instead of "Agnostic_Front_-_Victim_In_Pain", I'd do something like "AgnosticF-Victim".

Offline strapped4thrash

• View Profile
Not gonna lie, I like the concept of a faux radio station in THUGPro. the bumpers and commentary really add to the whole "radio" immersion. you should definitely do some more GTA radio stations! Maybe some from the other games, too?

As for the songs that have "buffering issues", their file names are too long. trying to preview a long-named song through the tracklist viewer causes that buffer overrun. So instead of "Agnostic_Front_-_Victim_In_Pain", I'd do something like "AgnosticF-Victim".

Yeah I've really enjoyed all the commentary while playing this game haha. Particularly 'cause of how funny Jimmy G is as well, so a lot of the other GTA stations will work 'cause of how funny the hosts can be.

Thankyou for the tip on buffering issues. Those two songs I mentioned are now working after fixing that, so I will update the Dropbox folder now.