Wallplants in THPS5 were done incorrectly so I would like to clear some things up for THPS1+2. In THPS5, wallplants only worked when your skater jumped directly at a wall (perpendicular). If your skater was at any other angle than 90 degrees to the wall, it didn’t work. Earlier games used a much wider wallplant allowable angle (~50 degrees on either side). This wider angle opens up so many possibilities for wallplants and would turn this technique into something incredibly useful.
Buttons to activate wallplants should either be Down+Jump and/or holding Down as you approach a wall. (If you are not pressing those buttons, don’t do a wallplant)
Does this suggestion exist in THPS1/2?
No, but it is confirmed for THPS1+2
Thanks to the hard work and dedication put in by the entire development team, the long-awaited THUGPro update is ready to be released. Listed below are all of the changes and additions coming your way:
Beta Version 0.6.0.0
Custom Content Support:
· Added custom soundtrack and custom level support!
· In the THUG Pro directory,
· you must create a directory with the name “User’
· .level.json and .sound.json files can be placed here.
· Level and Soundtrack file locations:
· Santa Monica (THAW)
· Marsielle (THAW, from THPS2)
· Minneapolis (THAW, from THPS)
Updated Skater Select:
· Updated U.I.
· Added 100+ new playable characters.
· Added option to use other characters as CAS.
· Added new skater anims.
· Alien, Alien Doctor, Alien Leader
· Andrew Reynolds
· Arto Saari
· Australian Cop
· Bam Margera (Masked), Bam Margera (THUG)
· Beach Goer
· Ben Franklin
· Bigfoot, Bigfoot One
· Boat Captain
· Bob Burnquist (THUG)
· Boston Guy
· Bratwurst Vendor
· Bucky Lasek
· Bull Fighter
· Camera Man
· Chad Muska (THUG)
· Chainsaw Skater
· Construction Worker
· Corn Vendor
· Cut Chemist
· Darth Maul
· Doom Guy
· Elissa Steamer
· Eric Koston (THUG)
· Eric Sparrow, Eric Sparrow (THUG)
· Flute Player
· Geeky Kid
· Gene Simmons
· Geoff Rowley
· German Cop
· German Drunk 1, German Drunk 2, German Drunk 3
· Graffiti Punk
· Graffiti Tagger
· Guitar Player
· Horn Player
· Hospital Attendant
· Inline Skater
· Iron Man
· Jamie Thomas
· Jesse James
· Johnny Turbo
· Kareem Campbell
· Kelly Slater
· Lost Soul 1, Lost Soul 2, Lost Soul 3
· Lounge Singer
· Mayan Tiki Mask
· Metal Detector Guy
· Mike Vallely (THUG)
· Minikart Driver
· Natas Kaupas
· Neversoft Eyeball
· Nigel Beaverhausen
· Officer Dick
· Ollie The Magic Bum
· Paul Rodriguez
· Paulie Ryan
· Phil Margera
· Private Carrera
· Ramp Kid
· Revolutionary Soldier
· Rodney Mullen (Cutscene), Rodney Mullen (THUG)
· Rune Glifberg
· Ryan Sheckler
· Security Guard
· Shrimp Vendor
· Skatopia Punk
· Space Monkey (Blue), Space Monkey (Green), Space Monkey (Pink)
· Stacy Peralta
· Steve Caballero
· Tony Hawk (THPS), Tony Hawk (THUG)
· VooDoo, Voodoo Doctor
· Wiener Vendor
· X Ray
· Zombie 1, Zombie 2, Zombie Female [/bg_collapse]
Updated User Interface (U.I.):
· Higher quality sprites.
· Improved screen element scaling.
· Updated net lobby menu screen.
· Updated pause menu screen.
· Restored THUG1 pause menu deck.
· Higher quality sprites.
· Added THUG1 secret skater themes.
· Added THUG1 retro hawk theme.
· Added create-a-theme mode.
· Added music options sub menu.
· Added custom soundtrack support.
· Added soundtrack menu.
· Added tracklist menu.
· Added option to toggle between music and ambient track.
· Added option to skip music track at run start.
· Added skater voice toggle.
· Fixed Shrek voice bug…
Edit Tricks Menu:
· Added option to unassign tricks.
· Added option to swap / replace tricks.
· Fixed edit tricks bug where some tricks wouldnt save correctly.
· Fixed edit tricks bug where in some cases the same key combo
could be assigned to multiple tricks.
Added Classic Cheats:
· Cool Specials
· Kid Mode
· 540 Board Varial
· American Tribute
· Assume The Position II
· Boot Burst
· Chomp On This
· Daffy Grind
· Falcon Guitar Slide
· Fire Blaster
· Fire Fire Fire
· Flip Kick Dad
· Flying Squirrel
· Ghetto Tag Grind
· Handstand 50-50
· Layback Sparks
· Layout Flip
· Lick It Up
· Muska Manual
· No Handed Madonna
· Nollie Flip Underflip
· Pogo Handstand
· Reemo Slide
· Rodeo Wrap
· Scary Grind
· The Jackass
· The Scanner
· Yeah Right Slide
· Primo Slide
Camera Options Menu:
· Added aspect ratio option
· Added fov option
· Added “Quick menu”, hold down select / tab to open.
Updated Observe Mode:
· Added the option to Observe the next and previous skater.
· Added the option to Observe your own skater.
· Added the option to detach the camera (Freecam).
· Added level overview camera angle.
· Added ammo type alternatives for FireFight.
· Added pickup type alternatives for Scavenger Hunt.
· AirShuffle trigger input window is now decreased for each shuffle. Max is ~5
· BoostPlant is now limited to 4 WalliePlants.
· Buttslaps are now limited to 5.
· Added bloom post fx. Can be disabled in the launcher.
· Added multiple resolution / quality options for skater shadows.
· Restored console skater light effect.
Skaters and other dynamic objects
will now be affected by lights.
· Enabled previously unused water material effect.
· Disabled “dynamic” billboards.
· Added option to disable particles.
· Restored the Freecam. Available in FreeSkate and in Observe mode.
· Restored Freecam teleport function in FreeSkate.
Select “Viewer” for the
Select button option in General Options.
Select Teleport to Camera is bound to X / Ollie.
· Fixed memory leak when reloading assets.
Caused random crashing when loading levels and joining network games.
· Fixed obscure connection issue that occured when having too much stuff on your CAS!
· Fixed dark trick string color bug.
· Fixed color code issues when using the trick font as the chat font.
· Fixed special trick string color bug
Where doing a spine transfer and a special trick would sometimes highlight the wrong trick.
· Fixed window mode display artifacts.
The image will look good with the initial window size/resolution.
· Added warning messages for irreversible CAS options.
· Added wheel scaling option.
· Added griptape color option.
· Added default (none) deck graphic option.
· Fixed scaling issues with some of the board models.
· Fixed color options for some board models.
· Fixed griptape / graphic options for some board models.
· Added Jango Fett hoverboard.
· Added Jole’s HD board model and companion deck / griptape textures.
· Reconverted some level scene files. Fixed material issues.
· Reconverted some level collision files. Fixes wallride issues.
· Added skater “BoardOnFire” triggers to Manhattan, City Center and Training.
· Restored level event cutscene triggers for THUG2 levels.
· Added Level Option for the Berlin thunderstorm.
· Added random level shortcut in Level Select.
· Remember last selected level in Level Select.
· Fixed bug where the Skateshop menu would randomly disappear.
· Fixed bug where the skater would randomly freeze in the Skateshop.
· Fixed anim changing stuff and skater moving bugs in Skateshop.
· Now using option arrows for host options.
· Added new natas spin nodes to some levels.
· Removed a couple of unintentional natas spin nodes.
· Fixed Park Editor ped animation bugs.
· Added Custom Park Editor gap score option
· Fixed weather bounding box position update bug.
· Fixed crashing when choosing goals for Goal Attack in some levels.
· Updated cruise ship cutscene particles.
· Replaced the “water splash” level object with a particle effect.
· Differentiate between “Pivot” and “Bunny Hop Revert” .
· Don’t show buttslap couter for Neuro Plant.
· Added L1&L2 and R1&R2 spin key options.
· Added option to change Natas Spin key bindings.
· Added option to change Rail Stall key bindings.
· Added new gap tool options.
· Fixed bug where late ollies would not work when buttslaps were disabled.
· The total number of graffiti objects is now displayed in the rankings screen.
· Enabled vibration for xinput devices.
· Auto disable desktop composition in fullscreen mode.
· Fixed Shipyard restart orientation.
· Fixed School II yellow CTF team restart position.
· Removed random floating restart node in Slam City Jam.
· Added Level Option for Half Pipe Edge object in Training.
· Added name check option for peds
so if a ped is the same as the skater
being played it will use
a random skater ped model.
· Added Rowley pro goal rollin ramp Level Option in London.
· Added gap goal kicker Level Option in Hawaii.
· Updated script printf cfunc to format text correctly.
· Fixed Warehouse light flicker effect
· Fixed Skater Select stats menu bug.
· Updated net game mode description font and position.
· Fixed gap menu black screen bug.
· Fixed gap menu helper text bug.
· Fixed bug where the skater would get stuck:
When triggering the “FlailingFall” script when off-board. (Alcatraz and Cruise Ship)
· Fixed updater infinite loop bug.
· Opening the pause menu while in focus mode,
will now temporarily turn off slomo
until the game is resumed.
· Fixed a bug where the GUID of a controller
could be saved for player 1 and player 2 simultaneously.
· Enabled Debug mode by pressing Ctrl + Alt + D from the gamepad binding tab.
· Clear all binding controls by pressing Ctrl + 0 (zero) from the gamepad binding tab.
· Set default gamepad bindings for PS2 by pressing Ctrl + 1 from the gamepad binding tab.
· Set default gamepad bindings for XBOX by pressing Ctrl + 2 from the gamepad binding tab.
· Added skater light toggle.
· Added skater shadow toggle.
· Added screen effects toggle.
· Working on removing DllImport function:
· New methods for dragging the window around.
· Changed the background.
· Added in some controls to reduce the flicker of the tab control.
· Changing the Layout in the Gamepad Binding section
of the launcher will update in-game labels
to Playstation or Xbox buttons.
· Thanks to AxlRocks for the new high-res sprites.
· Thanks to Ksk for the work on the new Blender plugin,
and intergrating the new rendering and material effects
with THUG Pro. And for providing the hd skateboard model.
· Thanks to Demo for providing the new high-res fonts.
· Thanks to letmynutzgo and Splinks for the new skater models.
· And finally a special thanks to everyone for your patience and support.
Thank you to Chase Sechrist for all you’ve done.
Your contributions for THUG Pro and thps as a whole has been greatly appreciated..
It is a great feeling, knowing that you helped re-ignite others interest in THPS modding.
“THUG Pro is the dream project”
THUG Pro 0.5.0.71
Improved Xbox 360 / Xbox One controller support
(The game launcher is no longer required to be ran prior to game start for the trigger split to initialize, and the button mapping through the launcher for Xbox One controllers is now recognized on Windows 10)
Bluetooth PS3 controllers under Wine on Mac and Ubuntu now supported in the game launcher
Wine support for THUG Pro & Launcher – launcher now works and game installation no longer hangs on completion
Added L1 + L2 and R1 + R2 spin setup options*
College – Removed invisible object above level (bigger airs)
Moscow – The yellow government building is now wallridable, and the snowmen have been restored
Kyoto: The Neon Signs no longer disappear online after being smashed, and more rail objects are taggable for graffiti
Fixed Spin Lag time
“Delay Dropdowns from Grinds” has been renamed to “Spin Lag for Drop Downs” and it has been fixed (was not working in the last update)
Land Pivot has been restored to be linked to manuals only
The listing of custom parks in the level select menu has been fixed
*Known Bug There is a known issue with the two new shoulder rotate options and 180 spin taps being enabled – you will spin indefinitely if pressing one of the buttons. We recommend turning off Spin Taps if you are going to use the R1 + R2 or L1+L2 spin setups.
From Quazz: ” A new THUGPro update will arrive on December 13th and will contain the following Tony Hawk’s Pro Skater 3 levels:
The vehicles in Rio and the Ice Cream Truck can be Car Planted by jumping on top of them while skating. In addition to the levels, there’s a few more things. We changed the braking system once again. Holding the OLLIE button (X) while holding REVERT (R2) will make the skater use the breaking system from THUG2. A crash from waiting to join games has been fixed. The particles from fireball trails are now oriented correctly. A Wallplant bug was corrected. The menu sounds were changed to some different ones.”
This is going to be a great update! THPS3 Levels Here We Go!!