I made a fansite for THUGPRO news

Offline TheKosmicKollector

• 21st Century Retail Release Boy
    • View Profile
thugproworld.wordpress.com

I realised there's no centralised place for THUG PRO news so I decided to make ine. Hope you guys like it :)

Offline %.gone.

• View Profile
thmods has a sub forum devoted exactly to this and is moderated by the developers of THUG Pro
THPSX has a section devoted to the contents of THUG Pro, too. It's usually updated just before the next update is released.

My main question is what makes you the be all end all of up to date news about THUG Pro?
I'm not trying to be a jerk here. Just seems like it'll turn into the subreddit content which also isn't maintained by THUG Pro devs.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2016, 01:16:31 pm by %.gone. »

• View Profile
thmods has a sub forum devoted exactly to this and is moderated by the developers of THUG Pro
THPSX has a section devoted to the contents of THUG Pro, too. It's usually updated just before the next update is released.

My main question is what makes you the be all end all of up to date news about THUG Pro?
I'm not trying to be a jerk here. Just seems like it'll turn into the subreddit content which also isn't maintained by THUG Pro devs.

I certainly see your points here, so I'll touch on them individually to try and see if I can reduce any of your concerns.
1: I am well aware of THmods.com's forums, in fact I even list it in my site's "Useful Sites" section. I just feel like leafing through forum threads for info can get a bit tedious, so it's good to have new info as an article, in one place where you can check regularly.
2: Touching on your THPSX point, I agree that THPSX is certainly a useful reference for upcoming updates, but that's only really for when updates are confirmed, without again leafing through various forum threads to find info.
3: Your main question is a valid one, and I must say I'm not fully trying to be a "be all and end all" per se, I just wanted to centralise news that I can find about not just updates, but other stuff too in a neat little site that you can check quickly etc. I feel like it's a harsh comment to make to essentially say "but you don't know everything". I check the forums regularly and I do pretty much all I can reasonably do to learn about the future of the game.

I'm a massive fan of THUG PRO and I absolutely adore everything you and the rest of the devs have done with it. That's why I wanted to make this website - out of my passion and love for the game and just to make a neat, organised space that people can check for news. I'm aware it's not without its flaws but I hope that with time it will become a useful resource for at least a few people.

I hope I could settle a few of your concerns and that you can find my site to be of some use (perhaps not to you as you are one of the devs!  :P)

« Last Edit: August 15, 2016, 06:40:44 pm by TheKosmicKollector »

Offline %.gone.

• View Profile
My comment wasn't meant to be harsh and if i straight up disapproved I would say it and not water it down.
The point i'm making, THPSX has direct ties to the THUG Pro dev team, and as I said, THMods is moderated by the THUG Pro dev team.

My genuine concern is that we don't see anymore icebears popping up exploiting the community for self gain. Where he'll twist his words to his viewers to give the impression the information being provided was given directly to him as some form of insider information. When in actuality he simply asked a question in a full server hosted by a dev member. In some cases the information is exaggerated by him which leads to the spread of misinformation.

Not that anyone could stop you even if you decided to totally bash THUG Pro, just voicing my concerns.
I do, however, appreciated the support.

• View Profile
Hey Gone, sorry it's taken me so long to reply! But I totally see your concern, but when I report on whatever the reader will always know exactly what the source is, and I'll be sure to let people know if the info is loose or speculation. Nothing here is for self-gain at all, and I only wish to make something useful for the community :)

• View Profile
Oh, and I forgot to mention - if you ever see something on my site you're my happy with,  just give me a shout and I'll get rid of it :)