Custom soundtrack works- but not all songs play?

Offline Smeskii

• View Profile
I've recently made a custom soundtrack, and after enough messing around it worked, but i do have one problem: all the songs show up on the tracklist, but they don't all play. some songs never do, and when i try to sample them in the tracklist the game just crashes. I tried looking for possible reasons as to why those specifically are this way even though i did all the songs the same, but i have found nothing.
-they are all properly named, with the correct file that is present in the folder
-the soundtrack code has the correct amount of songs listed
-they are not particularly long songs
-the rest work perfectly fine, and even some songs added after those work
anyone have any ideas??? did i just get unlucky or something?

Offline ShOscar

• Upload Approved
  • f/k/a ThAEm
    • View Profile
    • YT channel
when i try to sample them in the tracklist the game just crashes
this is because the name of the song file is too long. the filename shouldn't exceed 22 or 23 characters. otherwise, it'll crash upon trying to preview it.
all the songs show up on the tracklist, but they don't all play. some songs never do
i believe this is also tied to song names being too long. try shortening all the ones that are over 23 characters long to see if that fixes it.
Ever seen a Pichu that can do 120 down the freeway?

Offline Smeskii

• View Profile
when i try to sample them in the tracklist the game just crashes
this is because the name of the song file is too long. the filename shouldn't exceed 22 or 23 characters. otherwise, it'll crash upon trying to preview it.
all the songs show up on the tracklist, but they don't all play. some songs never do
i believe this is also tied to song names being too long. try shortening all the ones that are over 23 characters long to see if that fixes it.

damnit- yeah that was it. thank you a lot, i didn't know this could be an issue.