New TH Game being Developed without Activision

Offline Skater1014

• Upload Approved
    • View Profile
    • Discord: bailey1014
Interesting

If it were to become a reality, I don't think that it would be as good as the older games & I'm also curious if it will ever come out on PC and/or the Nintendo Switch.
(Since both Wii U & PC were left out with THPS5.)
« Last Edit: January 30, 2017, 03:51:13 pm by Skater1014 »

Offline TheKosmicKollector

• 21st Century Retail Release Boy
    • View Profile
Very cautious but also very hyped. Hope it's a proper, solid title, not a mobile or VR thing or something like that. Imagine if we just got a genuinely awesome new game. I didn't think it'd ever happen but now there's hope.

Offline BlazE

• Upload Approved
    • View Profile
I honestly think it might be good. I feel like they've had a lot of chances to make a good game and they fail each time, therefore I think they'll get it right this time. Activision is notorious for making shitty sequels, so I'm glad they got the boot.
Find mods and tutorials by me at www.tnthps.us

Offline Hotbox

• View Profile
Please keep RoboModo away from this, don't need another game with shit physics

Offline BlazE

• Upload Approved
    • View Profile
I'd love a THAW Remaster, but that'll never happen.
Find mods and tutorials by me at www.tnthps.us

Offline sk8ace

• Administrator
    • View Profile
I don't think they could even use the THPS name for the new game. Activision probably still holds all the copyrights. Just like when my motorcycle company was shut down (Buell) and the creator, Erik Buell, couldn't use his own last name for his future bikes because Harley owns the name.

As long as it's not a mobile game, I'll be excited.

Offline SK8.William

• Upload Approved
  • pfp art by ShutMeUp!
    • View Profile
    • Youtube Channel
I hope everything goes well and we don't end up having another THPS5.
THUGPro Custom Story Mode is out!
PLAY IT NOW!

Offline LudiCruz

• Upload Approved
  • Still waiting for Darren Thorne's Pro Ping Pong.
    • View Profile
Something I have learned from THPS5 is to keep my expectations low, but surely it wouldn't be as bad as that, then again I thought that THPS5 wouldn't be as bad as TH: Ride.

Offline AxlRocks

• View Profile
I'm going to make a thought dump:

To be honest, I'm indifferent about it. I'm excited and think it can be something great if Tony chooses good developers and, perhaps more importantly, a good publisher. Definitely, the game needs to feel like THPS should, or hopefully like THUG should because I really think walking is too important a feature to ignore, but we also can't have 5 clothing packs at launch, an exclusive pre-order level, region exclusive DLC and collector's edition, and so on.

But on the flip side, I'm entirely for good "DLC" practices. In fact, I would love to see them make a content platform rather than just a game. Something that is continually expanded upon. Instead of going the Activision/traditional route of new game, new multiplayer community, added levels, added mechanics etc, -- no, build upon the original game. The sequel should integrate completely with the original.

Or to put it another way, be like THUGPro. One community, one massive game.

And two more important things to me: PC version. Absolutely need a PC version. And also, mod support. That could be really great for the community and the game longevity, and in turn, great financially. Stuff like CAP or CAS should be as customizable or even more so than the Neversoft engine, (no pre-defined textures on clothing/body parts that I can't colorize!) but mods would take it to the next level.

But for real, at least make a good PC and console game. (No, but for real, real, mod support and make it a content platform, Tony!)