Forum Theme Update

sk8ace · 70 · 75100

Offline ENunn

• ENunn, also known as Ethan. Hey.
    • View Profile
    • My Website/Blog
Honestly, I would change it to be less-mobile like on desktop. Looks fine on mobile but I think its inconvenient on desktop.

EDIT: Forgot to mention this, but you can change your theme in your profile settings if you don't like it. Go to profile > account settings > Hover over modify profile > Look and Layout > click change. Then you can change the theme.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2017, 05:38:58 pm by ENunn »
idk

Offline sk8ace

• Administrator
    • View Profile
What would make it less mobile like? It shows the same info as the old one (I think). Same options and everything else.

Offline Krad

• Administrator
    • View Profile
It took me about 10 minutes to adjust, but I do prefer the new theme over the old one. It's a little surprising to me that the majority of users here prefer the original theme over the new one, bugs aside.

Offline BlazE

• Upload Approved
    • View Profile
Just checked back, looks great with the colors added. I also love the quick reply feature. It's something I considered suggesting in the past.
Find mods and tutorials by me at www.tnthps.us

Offline LightningSam

• Viva La Sam
    • View Profile
    • Art/Interest Blog
Trying the new theme again. While I still think it could be a little less simplistic, at least the new colors look more appealing, and the "Quick Reply" button down at the bottom is very convenient. I think I could get used to this over time.

Offline BlazE

• Upload Approved
    • View Profile
A couple of SUGGESTIONS to make it look a little cleaner, I know it's a lot of work so don't take it the wrong way :)

I think the usernames should be above our avatars like before. The place it's in now is just odd.

I also think the "Upload Approved Full Member" is a little tacky. (I thought the same with the old theme) Maybe some kind of small icon to show who's approved would look a little better if possible?

Like I said I know it's a ton of work, just a few friendly suggestions and I know some may be more possible than others.

Offline Soaring Wings

• Upload Approved
    • View Profile
    • Youtube
FUCK CHANGE IT BACK! THIS IS THE WORST THEME I HAVE EVER SEEN!
- DEUS VULT!

Offline ShutMeUp!

• I can't wait for you to ShutMeUp!
    • View Profile
    • ShutMeUp's DevonttaieArt.
FUCK CHANGE IT BACK! THIS IS THE WORST THEME I HAVE EVER SEEN!

EDIT: Forgot to mention this, but you can change your theme in your profile settings if you don't like it. Go to profile > account settings > Hover over modify profile > Look and Layout > click change. Then you can change the theme.

EDIT: I just noticed the subject text was back, thanks! :D

But sorry for pointing it out twice, i thought it got buried on the replies.. <_<

Few things i'd like to point out about the new theme (mostly personal annoyances):
- The member list is not horizontally scrollable.
- I can't check the board im posting in by scrolling up. (Because clicking the GPS icon is so much work... Nice logic, me!)
- Double log-in boxes on log-in page!
- Profile pics are squished when phone is sideways.
- Horizontal rules are invisible on posts and preview but visible on Rich editor real-time edit thingy, aka the blue mouse with red outline.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2017, 04:07:03 pm by ShutMeUp! »
"Winners never cheat.
And cheaters never win."
-HooL (Quite a while ago)

Offline thedodeman

• Administrator
  • Howdy.
    • View Profile
Good heavens...just catching up on the reading...I am shocked at the outcry over a look and feel! Man, please everyone know that the people running this site are VOLUNTEERS and many of them are paying good money out of their pockets to provide us all with a FREE service. Holy crap you would think the world was coming to an end over some changes.

I, personally, think the new theme is 1000*+ more attractive than the old. The old theme looked like something that was created in 1999 towards the beginning of the internet. It vastly needed to be updated. The new one is so much cleaner and attractive. I helped in the theme selection process and knew that there would need to be some adjustments made, and it looks like sk8ace and Krad have been doing just that, I'm happy to make tweaks as well.

Work with us on making tweaks and changes? I think Krad and sk8ace have both proven to want to try and take suggestions and make changes so that everyone is happy, I'm willing to do so as well. Know that not EVERYONE will get EVERYTHING they want, but at least it can get close. Thanks to those who have been kind in their suggestions, it's greatly appreciated. For those that have just offered critiques or expressed frustration or anger, can you at least give some suggestions and not just bitch?

My gosh, the sky is not falling and the world isn't going to explode because the look and feel of the forums changed.

Offline ShutMeUp!

• I can't wait for you to ShutMeUp!
    • View Profile
    • ShutMeUp's DevonttaieArt.
I include myself on the nearly-extinct species that like the new theme, but of course, it's new, flawed. At least we can easily point out the bugs, right?

I imagine all the effort to make this theme, only to receive hate like that..
"Winners never cheat.
And cheaters never win."
-HooL (Quite a while ago)

Offline sk8ace

• Administrator
    • View Profile
A couple of SUGGESTIONS to make it look a little cleaner, I know it's a lot of work so don't take it the wrong way :)

I think the usernames should be above our avatars like before. The place it's in now is just odd.

I also think the "Upload Approved Full Member" is a little tacky. (I thought the same with the old theme) Maybe some kind of small icon to show who's approved would look a little better if possible?

Like I said I know it's a ton of work, just a few friendly suggestions and I know some may be more possible than others.
It wasn't too bad, should be fixed! I kept Admins group but no more post groups.

Offline sk8ace

• Administrator
    • View Profile
I'll get to more suggestions tonight. Have to get working on my car :-)

Offline BlazE

• Upload Approved
    • View Profile

It wasn't too bad, should be fixed! I kept Admins group but no more post groups.

Looks great!

Offline Soaring Wings

• Upload Approved
    • View Profile
    • Youtube
Man, please everyone know that the people running this site are VOLUNTEERS and many of them are paying good money out of their pockets to provide us all with a FREE service. Holy crap you would think the world was coming to an end over some changes.
Regardless. We all have seen what a good forum looks like. The amount of wasted space here and simplified look genuinely upsets me. I guess I am being overly critical since I am writing down my ideas for future websites I could potentially make and I have a huge list of what not to do.

Sorry, but the new theme still sucks.
- DEUS VULT!

Offline Skater1014

• Upload Approved
    • View Profile
    • Discord: bailey1014
Sorry, but the new theme still sucks.
If you really don't like the new theme then just switch back to the old theme.
I've been using the old theme but I might give the new theme another shot once the bugs/minor annoyances are fixed.