Forum Theme Update

sk8ace · 70 · 75109

Offline thedodeman

• Administrator
  • Howdy.
    • View Profile
Regardless. We all have seen what a good forum looks like.
100% subjective. Please don't generalize that "we all" think the old forum looked good. There is no way you can possibly know that. I didn't hate it, but I like this new look better. So "we all" is simply not true.

The amount of wasted space here and simplified look genuinely upsets me.
If you are upset by how things look on a website that is absolutely crazy to me. You seriously are UPSET? There are so many more important things in life to be upset about.

I guess I am being overly critical since I am writing down my ideas for future websites I could potentially make and I have a huge list of what not to do.
Thanks for crapping on our efforts. Sorry you don't like them. I guess you'll have to look elsewhere for you inspiration for future websites.

Sorry, but the new theme still sucks.
100% your opinion. Which you are entitled to. sk8ace left the option available to change back to the old look, why don't you do that?

Offline LightningSam

• Viva La Sam
    • View Profile
    • Art/Interest Blog
Two things I'd like to suggest:
  • For posts that don't have signatures, add some extra spacing underneath the text. If the post is only a single line, then the Applaud button tends to run down into the top of the next post. (at least on my end)
  • For quoted posts, the font size could stand to be a little bigger.

Thanks, and other than these minor complaints, the new theme is looking great! I'm starting to like it a lot more than the original.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2017, 12:25:29 am by LightningSam »

Offline Soaring Wings

• Upload Approved
    • View Profile
    • Youtube

The amount of wasted space here and simplified look genuinely upsets me.
If you are upset by how things look on a website that is absolutely crazy to me. You seriously are UPSET? There are so many more important things in life to be upset about.

100% your opinion. Which you are entitled to. sk8ace left the option available to change back to the old look, why don't you do that?

Autism I guess. And I will gladly change it back.
- DEUS VULT!

Offline sk8ace

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Two things I'd like to suggest:
  • For posts that don't have signatures, add some extra spacing underneath the text. If the post is only a single line, then the Applaud button tends to run down into the top of the next post. (at least on my end)
  • For quoted posts, the font size could stand to be a little bigger.
Thanks, and other than these minor complaints, the new theme is looking great! I'm starting to like it a lot more than the original.

The spacing should be fixed. I added a min height for each post which should prevent that from happening.

Upped the quoted text to 14px and the quote header text to 13px

Thanks!

Offline BlazE

• Upload Approved
    • View Profile
Man, please everyone know that the people running this site are VOLUNTEERS and many of them are paying good money out of their pockets to provide us all with a FREE service. Holy crap you would think the world was coming to an end over some changes.
Regardless. We all have seen what a good forum looks like. The amount of wasted space here and simplified look genuinely upsets me. I guess I am being overly critical since I am writing down my ideas for future websites I could potentially make and I have a huge list of what not to do.

Who the hell are you?
Find mods and tutorials by me at www.tnthps.us

Offline sk8ace

• Administrator
    • View Profile

Few things i'd like to point out about the new theme (mostly personal annoyances):
1 The member list is not horizontally scrollable.
2 I can't check the board im posting in by scrolling up. (Because scrolling up is so much work... Nice logic, me!)
3 Double log-in boxes on log-in page!
4 Profile pics are squished when phone is sideways.
5 Horizontal rules are invisible on posts and preview but visible on Rich editor real-time edit thingy, aka the blue mouse with red outline.
1. Fixed
2. There is a little GPS symbol on the top right that will tell you where you are.
3. Fixed
4. Fixed.
5. I don't know what to do about this one lol.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2017, 07:58:14 pm by sk8ace »

Offline ShutMeUp!

• I can't wait for you to ShutMeUp!
    • View Profile
    • ShutMeUp's DevonttaieArt.
Few things i'd like to point out about the new theme (mostly personal annoyances):
1. The member list is not horizontally scrollable.
2. I can't check the board im posting in by scrolling up. (Because clicking the GPS icon is so much work... Nice logic, me!)
3. Double log-in boxes on log-in page!
4. Profile pics are squished when phone is sideways.
5. Horizontal rules are invisible on posts and preview but visible on Rich editor real-time edit thingy, aka the blue mouse with red outline.
I fixed the quote, oops..

2. I can't check the board im posting in by scrolling up. (Because clicking the GPS icon is so much work... Nice logic, me!)
2. There is a little GPS symbol on the top right that will tell you where you are.
Yea.. It's what i tried to say but my brain was thinking of something else.
Im just gonna stick with the GPS icon! :T

5 Horizontal rules are invisible on posts and preview but visible on Rich editor real-time edit thingy, aka the blue mouse with red outline.

5. I don't know what to do about this one lol.
Seems fixed, wut?

If it's not a problem to ask, i wanted to know if making the font the same size as the other theme wouldn't hurt. Even if it is only in the "Reply" page.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2017, 11:37:20 pm by ShutMeUp! »
"Winners never cheat.
And cheaters never win."
-HooL (Quite a while ago)

Offline sk8ace

• Administrator
    • View Profile
The other theme's font is a bit smaller? I can drop it down one px and let me know what you think.

Offline ShutMeUp!

• View Profile
Here you can see what im talking about.

Funny how both screenshots have a cropped "Jump to.." button, heh.

The buttons like "Quick reply", "
"Winners never cheat.
And cheaters never win."

Offline sk8ace

• Administrator
    • View Profile

Offline ShutMeUp!

• View Profile
I say 10pt size should be alright, this goes for the profile stats and quotes too.
Well, at least on mobile that's a problem.
"Winners never cheat.
And cheaters never win."

Offline sk8ace

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Go here and let me know what width it says your phone screen is.
http://mydevice.io/

That way I can make sure to use the right settings for your specific size.

Offline ShutMeUp!

• View Profile

Here. :T

For future references, it is a Huawei Ascend Y560- L02.
(Writing it down in case i accidentally delete my whole UC Browser clipboard, which might happen eventually)
"Winners never cheat.
And cheaters never win."

Offline sk8ace

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Ah that makes sense. My phones DPI is more than double yours. I'm going to have to target DPI or Ratio instead of px to make it work better for all.

Offline ShutMeUp!

• View Profile
Yea, i hope it works, the quotes have inconsistent font size, it's kinda weird. :T

Anyway, good luck with it cuz im having a lot of stats text overlapping the posts and it could be some trouble reading. :p
"Winners never cheat.
And cheaters never win."