THUGPRO Blur Bug (Windows 10)

Offline Skater1014

• Upload Approved
    • View Profile
    • Discord: bailey1014
If you run THUGPRO as admin AND in Windows XP (Service Pack 3) compatibility mode on Windows 10, the blur bug from THUG2 comes back.

Offline SK8.William

• Upload Approved
  • pfp art by ShutMeUp!
    • View Profile
    • Youtube Channel
The blur is not like that for me when i'm in Windows XP...
THUGPro Custom Story Mode is out!
PLAY IT NOW!

Offline LudiCruz

• Upload Approved
  • Still waiting for Darren Thorne's Pro Ping Pong.
    • View Profile
I'm guessing THUG PRO uses the traditional fix (editing a specific script as well as making a dummy of qc_scripts.pre) but I really do not understand how running the game's exe file as an admin and setting it to run in windows XP compatibility mode is able to trigger this bug again.

Offline Skater1014

• Upload Approved
    • View Profile
The blur is not like that for me when i'm in Windows XP...
The blur is like that on anything after Windows XP. That's why it's disabled in THUGPRO because it's buggy on newer systems.

I really do not understand how running the game's exe file as an admin and setting it to run in windows XP compatibility mode is able to trigger this bug again.
It's the magic of the THUGPRO devs I guess?

Offline SK8.William

• Upload Approved
  • pfp art by ShutMeUp!
    • View Profile
    • Youtube Channel
Blur Worked without running as admin.Also worked when i made it compatible with Service Pack 2.When i tried Windows 98 the game didn't even start.
THUGPro Custom Story Mode is out!
PLAY IT NOW!

Offline Skater1014

• Upload Approved
    • View Profile
I'm guessing THUG PRO uses the traditional fix (editing a specific script as well as making a dummy of qc_scripts.pre) but I really do not understand how running the game's exe file as an admin and setting it to run in windows XP compatibility mode is able to trigger this bug again.

Here's your answer.

Quote from: Morten (on Thmods)
Older versions of thugpro had two "blur fixes".

One was just commenting out a single line in the scripts. So that the blur function never gets called.

And second one in the our dll. It does a similar thing with memory patching. But its only enabled if the os is windows vista or above.

Offline LudiCruz

• Upload Approved
  • Still waiting for Darren Thorne's Pro Ping Pong.
    • View Profile
Well, this definitely makes much more sense now. The only mystery is what part of Vista, 7, 8 & 10 is causing it.

Offline Skater1014

• Upload Approved
    • View Profile
Well, this definitely makes much more sense now. The only mystery is what part of Vista, 7, 8 & 10 is causing it.
That's a mystery.
People said that it could've been the Windows Aero theme (the transparent glass-looking one) but Windows 8 & 10 don't have that.