Park creating contest?

Chatter · 34 · 31189

Offline Chatter

• Upload Approved
  • 19/m/Netherlands
    • View Profile
Hello THPS community! What would you think of a park creating contest? Where we have a few hosts/judges of the tournament, who will assign a certain theme for a park, a given time, and possibly additional rules.

It could be a cool boost for creativity and bring us together as a community in more ways, it could also be cool for people who can't play well, but still like editing and creating. I don't think I should host this, since I'm not very organised or good at these things, but I would defenitely participate!

Contestants could show their park through screenshots or video, and maybe even do amazing combo's in the parks.

Maybe the winner can get the CaP shared somewhere, that could be a cool prize.

If anyone thinks this a good idea and could host, that would be very cool! Leave suggestions/feedback here if you want.

-Chatter
Sup, I'm Chatter. (HN.Chatter) my Skype is thedudecalledjoris.

My clan is HN. Henchness!

I'm always LF people to play with, also wanna join a clan some day and do wars/competitions and stuff.

Offline ShutMeUp!

• I can't wait for you to ShutMeUp!
    • View Profile
    • ShutMeUp's DevonttaieArt.
How about a comp "just for fun", no need to reward with anything but a shoutout! e_e
"Winners never cheat.
And cheaters never win."
-HooL (Quite a while ago)

Offline Chatter

• Upload Approved
  • 19/m/Netherlands
    • View Profile
TY for the feedback, I don't mind how it will be done, if anyone likes to do it, it just sounded like a cool idea to me and it might inspire someone to actually make a contest like this. :)

I'm always LF people to play with, also wanna join a clan some day and do wars/competitions and stuff.

Offline SK8.William

• Upload Approved
  • pfp art by ShutMeUp!
    • View Profile
    • Youtube Channel
Awesome.I thought of doing this before,i even have the "standings" board from Slam City Jam.I'm not sure i'll participate in it though,since i'm playing more RTS than THUGPro :)
THUGPro Custom Story Mode is out!
PLAY IT NOW!

Offline Chatter

• Upload Approved
  • 19/m/Netherlands
    • View Profile
RTS as in Real Time Strategy? Those games are interesting indeed. You dont really need to be a hardcore thugpro player for a contest like this, you could just create a fun simple park and possibly do well, I think it would be fairly accessible to anyone who has thugpro, or even another TH game.

Can anyone think of a few themes the hosts/judges could do?

One I thought of was "parks from other games", inspires by Sattan who made the GTA SA skatepark in CaP

Offline sk8ace

• Administrator
    • View Profile
We could help out with this. I can make a special upload/download area on the site where contest parks can be added. Have to make an official forum thread where people can vote.

Offline Soaring Wings

• Upload Approved
    • View Profile
    • Youtube
That sounds like fun.

I think we should judge our parks in several categories.

Best Overall
Best to Skate on
Best looking
Best RP park

- DEUS VULT!

Offline SK8.William

• Upload Approved
  • pfp art by ShutMeUp!
    • View Profile
    • Youtube Channel
I took a screenshot of this image in SCJ months ago in case i wanted to start a contest...

PLAY IT NOW!

Offline ShutMeUp!

• View Profile
Can anyone think of a few themes the hosts/judges could do?

One I thought of was "parks from other games", inspires by Sattan who made the GTA SA skatepark in CaP
How about...
  • Real-Life Locations Theme
  • THPS Remakes Theme
  • Original Parks Theme
  • Creative Parks Theme
  • Skatepark Theme
  • City Themes
These are just some i thought of, feel free to use/edit/rate those if you wish! :T

We could help out with this. I can make a special upload/download area on the site where contest parks can be added. Have to make an official forum thread where people can vote.
Or how about a sub-forum on the "-" (Aka the main, the unnamed) section, something like "Contests", people upload their parks within a week and then we use a poll to vote!
Or maybe you could somehow implement a system that allows to vote for the 4 (non-skate)filters quoted below. e_e

That sounds like fun.

I think we should judge our parks in several categories.

Best Overall
Best to Skate on
Best looking
Best RP park
Agreed! These would make a good voting system, we can have 4 winners, right? :P

I took a screenshot of this image in SCJ months ago in case i wanted to start a contest...

Might help, tho i dunno how it works, mind explaining me? e_e'
"Winners never cheat.
And cheaters never win."

Offline Chatter

• Upload Approved
  • 19/m/Netherlands
    • View Profile
You guys are a great community!

@Sk8ace, a thread for this and an upload box would be great, maybe you could host the first contest. I would definitely be happy with that.

@others, thanks for all ideas, I hope you all will participate (or become judge) for the contest whenever it becomes reality. I'm pretty excited so far.

Offline SK8.William

• Upload Approved
  • pfp art by ShutMeUp!
    • View Profile
    • Youtube Channel

Might help, tho i dunno how it works, mind explaining me? e_e'

This was quick-made just to make an example,so if anyone wants this image for the contest,please edit it,but not using Paint :)
PLAY IT NOW!

Offline ShutMeUp!

• View Profile
Actually, if you're a Paint veteran, you can use it, lol

But hey, this seems like an interesting leaderboard, if we use appropiate editing and a nice font, maybe we could do a nice-looking leaderboard! :D
« Last Edit: September 11, 2016, 10:07:07 pm by ShutMeUp!!! »
"Winners never cheat.
And cheaters never win."

Offline BlazE

• Upload Approved
    • View Profile
Do entry's need to be made for the contest or can we enter previously made parks?
Find mods and tutorials by me at www.tnthps.us

Offline Chatter

• Upload Approved
  • 19/m/Netherlands
    • View Profile
I think making new ones would be more fair or fun, but we can't really check and be 100% sure of someone, I dont think I'd mind in the end.