[TUTORIAL] How to import newer XNALara models for those with Blender 2.79

Offline HeavyAssMonkey

• Upload Approved
    • View Profile
So I've noticed that there is an issue with the newer XNALara models: they cannot be imported using the last known version of the XPS Tools/XNALaraMesh tools on Blender 2.79. The fix for this is actually quite simple, so I'll give a quick rundown of what you have to do.

Step 1: Go Into XNALara and import your model, and make sure if it's T-posed.

Step 2: Make sure you disable the ground (that's what I did anyway)

Step 3: In the Control Window, go to Modify

Step 4:  Click 'export scene as obj'

Step 5: Check 'copy vertex colors' (not sure how it affects the model i just did it anyway)

Step 6: Go to the directory you want to save it to and give it a name

Step 7: Open up the 'weight_transfer_skater' blend file that you use to rig models and select "Import > Wavefront (.obj)"

Step 8: Import the model, select all of it's pieces (in my case, I had five), hit Ctrl + J to join them so it's just one easily scalable model, and you're good to go. Alternatively, import the model in a blank project, do this, and Ctrl + C to copy, go into the weight transfer skater blend, paste it and scale accordingly.

The attachments show both the model I used before doing this, and the result after rigging it in Blender.

Hopefully this tutorial helped, it's as basic as it gets so you shouldn't really need to read it again once you get the hang of it.
Happy finally getting to rig the models you thought you wouldn't be able to!
« Last Edit: August 29, 2020, 12:05:38 am by HeavyAssMonkey »