Could someone teach me combos?

Offline Surends

• View Profile
I would really love for someone to teach me combos for the game please message me on discord Bep#4124

Offline JaceAngel79

• View Profile
I bet you already know the golden rule of THPS that has existed since Tony Hawk 3: where you link vert and street tricks with revert (right trigger when you land on QP) and manual (Up-down/Down-up on ground). Now that you might know here's some other tips that can cash you millions:

1. Reverts and Pivots "street reverts" are one and the same trick, and doing too many can slow you skater. So find a way to manage and waste more time between each. It helps to jump as soon as you hit a revert before the speed infraction. If you're slow, there are always boosters.

2. Wallrides are a great way to postpone stressing the balance meters. You can get some sick air out of them if you wallieplant (Up, Up, Ollie off a wall) as soon as you initiate the wallride. How I do it is to spam Up and Ollie while holding Grind and against a wall. Helps even better when you learn the boostplant in a matter of time.

3. The default double-direction-tap flips, not to be confused with special tricks (which are either Sal Flip and Ollie North or Fingerflip and Ollie Airwalk, dependent on the skater) can ruin you unless you planned to perform them, because at a certain point you will double tap a direction before flipping when you're headed for a grind or manual; BAIL! So change them to quicker flips or tune your flip stats to max (which it already should be), and add some more grabs in those DDT flip and grab slots. Also use high-scoring specials like the 900, 360 Varial McTwist, FS 540 and other special manuals and grinds frequently.

4. Make your multiplier as big as you can make it, pull as many tricks as you can attempt, because it possibly increases at a slightly better rate than your unit score (not to be confused with your FINAL score). Be wary that the multiplier over time can become decimal and tricks become half as they come. This is why you're told throughout the whole THPS franchise, "YOU CAN'T REPEAT TRICKS." It helps to pop a last-ditch single flip out of a myriad of aerial tricks before transitioning into a manual.

5. Even the pros bail, it'd be cliche of me to say that "it's a sign you're learning," but nothing could be any more truer. You can either save your points, consider what you are and aren't capable of and land your combo; and/or go extra and risk bailing to beat your personal self and records day by day.

I hope you find this info useful as you become a better and cooler player. :)

PS: Don't use the Surfer manual and post it on TikTok! XDDDD

Offline screwhead

• View Profile
If you're slow, there are always boosters.
Apologies for necroposting but what do you mean by this?

Offline ShOscar

• Upload Approved
  • f/k/a ThAEm
    • View Profile
    • YT channel
Apologies for necroposting but what do you mean by this?
They are probably referring to boost manuals such as the Hot Rod and Paulie Butt manual. These are only in THUG2/THUGPro, though.
Ever seen a Pichu that can do 120 down the freeway?