Story behind your Username

BlazE · 56 · 68788

Offline BlazE

• Upload Approved
    • View Profile
Ever wonder where people got their THPS names? Share your stories.

Everyone seems to think my name BlazE is weed related. Well, it's not.

When I first started playing THAW online on PS2, one of the first people I befriended was a guy by the name of SmoKE, who also could be mistaken as a drug related name. We ended up playing Mortal Kombat together which is where his name was from, so we both ended up creating new alias's with Mortal Kombat themed names. Mine was BlazE, and his was now ReikO. It stuck ever since. As most ps2 players know, 5 letters was the ideal number of characters for hexing names.

That's the story behind my name, so spare me the "420 blaze it" jokes on thugpro  :P

What's your story?

(I don't think this thread already exists, if so I'll take it down.)
Find mods and tutorials by me at www.tnthps.us

Offline Chatter

• Upload Approved
  • 19/m/Netherlands
    • View Profile
I really don't have a story. I came up with this (usually taken) username about 2 years ago, where I used it for Pok
Sup, I'm Chatter. (HN.Chatter) my Skype is thedudecalledjoris.

My clan is HN. Henchness!

I'm always LF people to play with, also wanna join a clan some day and do wars/competitions and stuff.

Offline Boomtime

• Upload Approved
  • nerd man
    • View Profile
    • Twitch
I used to tell a weird story that involved pictures of explosions and QuickTime. That was a lie, the name just popped into my head.
You ever hear about video games?

Offline ShutMeUp!

• I can't wait for you to ShutMeUp!
    • View Profile
    • ShutMeUp's DevonttaieArt.
Mine is a wall of text the size of Trump's wall. You've been warned.

My name has always been "Kevin" but i used to have my nickname as "K3V1N" cuz kool kid is kool.
Then, one day on xfire (which is down now, unfortunately) i had to make a different nickname so i went by "Kevin4000", the number was picked because of the typical cartoons with inventions that end with a big number ("The Sculptinator 4000", or shit like that), long story short, i used "K3V1N" for everything, until the name was taken on a site i was registering to.
I decided to merge both and so "K3V1N4000" was my nickname, as time went by, i kept adding segments to the name, it got to this point: K3V1NoNaNeiNyaNazIsOMFGWhile
« Last Edit: November 18, 2016, 06:18:14 pm by ShutMeUp! »
"Winners never cheat.
And cheaters never win."
-HooL (Quite a while ago)

Offline ShutMeUp!

• View Profile
I used to tell a weird story that involved pictures of explosions and QuickTime.
You gotta be Michael Bay's (lost) son! o_o
"Winners never cheat.
And cheaters never win."

Offline Latino Skater

• Oye 18/M Latino here
    • View Profile
Well for my username I don't really know what to say. I usually pick ''LatinoRules'' as my username on most game,website and etc. I also like to pick''Juan'' cause after that I can say ''I'M NUMBER JUAN'' but sadly my real name is Pablo not Juan  :'(. So anyway I feel like I always have to have something with latino so I decide to put ''Latino Skater'' cause it make the more sense to me.

Shout out to ''ShutMeUp!'' The only other Latino I know on here

I get drunk and puke and shit
Cool Story Bro XD
Roses are red
Violets are blue
Tony Hawk's
Pro skater 2

Offline BlazE

• Upload Approved
    • View Profile

My name has always been "Kevin" but i used to have my nickname as "K3V1N" cuz kool kid is kool.
Then, one day on xfire (which is down now, unfortunately) i had to make a different nickname so i went by "Kevin4000", the number was picked because of the typical cartoons with inventions that end with a big number ("The Sculptinator 4000", or shit like that), long story short, i used "K3V1N" for everything, until the name was taken on a site i was registering to.
I decided to merge both and so "K3V1N4000" was my nickname, as time went by, i kept adding segments to the name, it got to this point: K3V1NoNaNeiNyaNazIsOMFGWhile

Offline ShutMeUp!

• View Profile

"Winners never cheat.
And cheaters never win."

Offline Skater1014

• Upload Approved
    • View Profile
    • Discord
My email has always had my real name followed by "1014" on it.
I always try to use that username ever since I got that email.

I only use the "Skater" part of it when it comes to THPS.
Back when I played THPS3 PC online years ago, I couldn't think of a name since I didn't want to show my real name in THPS3.
During those times I just went around as "Skater".

When I finally thought of a name, I removed the "Pro" from the default "Proskater" name and added "1014" to the end of it and I decided to stick with it.
I had weird variations like "$k@t3r1014" with randomly changing neon colors because I was like 10-11 years old at the time.

After becoming older, I realized that the symbols were stupid so I removed them (but still kept the changing neon colors) for the rest of my time playing THPS3.
OLD SCREENSHOT FROM 2012 INCOMING:

The only reason why it's "Sk8ta1014" in THUGPRO instead of "Skater1014" is because I wanted to use color codes and it wouldn't fit my whole name with the color codes.

Offline Soaring Wings

• Upload Approved
    • View Profile
    • Youtube
Motivation.

Back in the early days of Brawl hacking, a user by the name of Phantom Wings pioneered almost everything required for brawl hacking.

Some of his inventions where:
File Replacement Code
 Without this code, reprints of Brawl discs with the mods on the disc would be needed to use mods.

Brawl Box
  A program that can edit the majority of the files used by super smash bros brawl. It doubles as both a model editor and a hex editor

Several Misc Codes
  Several of the codes used in Project M. And the testing of features that would later be added into sm4sh where done in Brawl using codes: 7-Player Smash, Teleporting to the other side of a stage upon reaching the blast lines.which appeared in the Balloon Fighter Stage, No tags and huds, which where used in making brawl machinimas.

Brawl EX
Allows the game to have 100+ characters in the game.

And because I want to be able to do the amazing things that Phantom Wings did, so hence the wings part. But simply being as good as him is not enough. I want to go even further beyond, I want to not just apear from time to time and release something amazing. I want to be able to do that on a regular basis. Hence the Soaring part.

Plus my old user name, came a bit too close to exposing my real identity because it was an abbreviation of my first and last names, thankfully that old name was still kind of vague as too who I am was.
- DEUS VULT!

Offline BlazE

• Upload Approved
    • View Profile
Speaking of old screenshots...

I still use the same color combo.

Offline ShutMeUp!

• View Profile
Well, talking about old screenshots, im joining the whatever-this-is-called.

Also, if someone finds me in-game as "UpMeShut", "ShootMeUp", "ShitMeUp", "HookMeUp" or whatever, don't be surprised, it's just me being me.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2017, 10:04:09 am by ShutMeUp! »
"Winners never cheat.
And cheaters never win."

Offline sk8ace

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Originally, mine was sk8erace. I had to shorten it to sk8ace when we made *,.SN.,* because it all wouldn't fit.

I used to skateboard a lot.. so back in the ICQ days, I came up with the skaterace nickname. Basically saying I was the "Ace of skateboarding" (I was never really good lol)

Here's some of the oldest screenshots I have.

Jan 2004
« Last Edit: November 20, 2016, 02:24:47 pm by sk8ace »

Offline Chad Morgan

• Upload Approved
  • I'm a pessimistic optimist who is Christian.
    • View Profile
I was 11 and thought Chad Morgan sounded like a skater name when I made a custom skater for THPS4 on GBA, before I even knew there were console games and had a ps2.  Remember The Chronicles of Narnia: The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe movie?  I misheard "Maugrim" as "Morgrim" and that's where I got the idea for Morgan.  I haven't appeared in-game with that name after making a fool of myself on a maze where I didn't realize online didn't pause my movement.
I'm a pessimistic optimist who is a Christian.
Praise God
Walk with me now and you'll fly with me later (DMX)
I'm on an Ultralight Beam (Kanye West)