THUGPRO Crashed My Graphics Driver?

Offline Skater1014

• Upload Approved
    • View Profile
    • Discord
So, I was normally playing Thugpro in Fullscreen w/ the Steam Overlay like I have always played it and after playing it for a while today it somehow crashed my graphics driver? I was playing in Cruise Ship in Freeskate and when I went off of a ramp the game didn't crash but locked up and started buzzing EXTREMELY LOUD. After the loud buzzing stopped, the game minimized and it said that my graphics driver stopped responding and has successfully recovered. When I tried to restore the game window, it opened but everything was white and every sound except for the music was looping so I terminated the process and opened Radeon Settings. When I opened Radeon Settings, my computer gave me a BSOD saying "THREAD_STUCK_IN_DEVICE_DRIVER" and restarted. I tested Thugpro for a few mins. after restarting and everything SEEMS fine (I don't know if it will happen again...). I also reinstalled the display driver just to be on the safe side.
Hopefully this was just a one-time thing...
I just wanted to post this here because this is probably the most weird thing that has happened to me while playing Thugpro.

Oh, and by the way, I have an AMD graphics card on Windows 10.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2016, 09:17:44 pm by Skater1014 »

Offline KoKoDaHoE

• Upload Approved
  • am the worst i swear
    • View Profile
So, I was normally playing Thugpro in Fullscreen w/ the Steam Overlay like I have always played it and after playing it for a while today it somehow crashed my graphics driver? I was playing in Cruise Ship in Freeskate and when I went off of a ramp the game didn't crash but locked up and started buzzing EXTREMELY LOUD. After the loud buzzing stopped, the game minimized and it said that my graphics driver stopped responding and has successfully recovered. When I tried to restore the game window, it opened but everything was white and every sound except for the music was looping so I terminated the process and opened Radeon Settings. When I opened Radeon Settings, my computer gave me a BSOD saying "THREAD_STUCK_IN_DEVICE_DRIVER" and restarted. I tested Thugpro for a few mins. after restarting and everything SEEMS fine (I don't know if it will happen again...). I also reinstalled the display driver just to be on the safe side.
Hopefully this was just a one-time thing...
I just wanted to post this here because this is probably the most weird thing that has happened to me while playing Thugpro.

Oh, and by the way, I have an AMD graphics card on Windows 10.

my friend's computer just had the same issue was in a skype call and his computer crashed...

Offline sk8ace

• Administrator
    • View Profile
It's most likely a combination of things that freeze display drivers. I don't have AMD but the same thing happens on my gtx970 if I run too many things at the same time. A simple computer restart will fix it every time.

Offline TomoAlien

• Upload Approved
  • Rebel Enforcer
    • View Profile
If it's not regular or can't be reproduced consistently, then it's most likely a random crash.

What could cause a random crash? Anything, really, including cosmic rays. Sounds ridiculous, but it's true.

All in all, most likely nothing to worry about.

Offline Skater1014

• Upload Approved
    • View Profile
    • Discord
Yeah, it was most likely just a random graphics driver crash. It still hasn't happened again.
Still pretty weird though. I didn't really have too much stuff running in the background.
Also, the laptop I'm using is only about 4 months old.

Offline Skater1014

• Upload Approved
    • View Profile
    • Discord
Bumping this because it just happened to me again.
My PC didn't crash this time but the graphics driver still had to restart with a loud buzzing noise & THUGPRO also locked up with nothing but the music playing again.

The Event Viewer says "Application THUGPro.exe has been blocked from accessing Graphics hardware" then "Display driver amdkmdap stopped responding and has successfully recovered".

Offline TomoAlien

• Upload Approved
  • Rebel Enforcer
    • View Profile
I'd suggest you to do the following:
-Check if your GPU or CPU isn't overheating.
-Update your graphics card drivers
-Check if your Hard Drive is in good state. If your HDD's got high fragmentation, you better defrag it.

Offline Skater1014

• Upload Approved
    • View Profile
    • Discord
I'd suggest you to do the following:
-Check if your GPU or CPU isn't overheating.
-Update your graphics card drivers
-Check if your Hard Drive is in good state. If your HDD's got high fragmentation, you better defrag it.
1. Temp. should be fine. (Around 40-50C even when playing.)
2. I always have the drivers up to date. (I even updated today though the driver crash happened before I updated...)
3. Maybe that could be causing it seeing how I never ran a defrag on this machine.

Offline sk8ace

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Do you have multiple monitors? I would overclock it and(or just) crank the fan to it's max while playing. What card is it?

Only defrag if you have a regular hhd, never defrag a ssd.

Offline Skater1014

• Upload Approved
    • View Profile
    • Discord
The card is an AMD Radeon R4 @800.0 MHz.
As far as I know, I have a HDD.

Offline sk8ace

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Unfortunately it's just not that powerful of a card. Once you start to push it hard,  you'll get the same errors. I couldn't find anything on overclocking it either. 

Offline Boomtime

• Upload Approved
  • nerd man
    • View Profile
    • Twitch
Weird, lol. the same day i read this post, mine crashed while playing thug pro
You ever hear about video games?

Offline Skater1014

• Upload Approved
    • View Profile
    • Discord
Sorry for bumping this extremely old thread, but I just wanted to give a little update about this issue.

I'm still having this issue but it isn't as bad as it was before.
(As in, it doesn't crash the display driver & only buzzes for about 1-2 seconds.)
(It still might crash the display driver completely & recover, but not as often as the 1-2 second buzz.)
Even though it's not as bad, it does happen a bit more often.
(I would say that these small 1-2 second buzzes happen to me about 1-3 times every few days & the graphics driver crashes are not too often as in, maybe once every 1-2 weeks.)

What it did this on:
- THUGPRO (Mostly happens with it.)
- THAW (Only happened once & was a small 1-2 sec. buzz.)
- Youtube (The page was loading as the video was playing & Firefox froze and started eating up my RAM. Once it ate up all of my RAM, buzzed & recovered on it's own. Everything went back to normal & video resumed playing.)
- The Sims 4 (Same as THAW.)
- Audacity (Yes, even something as simple as Audacity which is not even a game and isn't too intensive on memory & graphics caused the driver to crash & recover once. Might I add, I was doing no editing with it. I was just listening to music.)

I've gone through multiple graphics drivers.
The Event Viewer says nothing with the 1-2 sec. buzzes.
The Event Viewer says "Display driver amdkmdap stopped responding and has successfully recovered." with the graphics driver crashes.

When this happens:
- CPU, GPU, & HDD temp are fine. (CPU & GPU below 60c.)
- CPU & GPU usage are fine.
- RAM usage is fine. (Except for the time that it crashed & recovered on Youtube.)

It seems like it's a graphics driver issue but I really don't know since I've already gone through multiple drivers and I'm currently on the newest one.

Offline sk8ace

• Administrator
    • View Profile
http://www.resplendence.com/download/LatencyMon.exe

Run this program and watch what happens when you get skips.

You should see a program jump into the red and then crash.

I was having a similar issue and this is what ultimately fixed it.

Offline Skater1014

• Upload Approved
    • View Profile
    • Discord
http://www.resplendence.com/download/LatencyMon.exe

Run this program and watch what happens when you get skips.

You should see a program jump into the red and then crash.

I was having a similar issue and this is what ultimately fixed it.
It says this as soon as I start monitoring.
"Your system appears to be having trouble handling real-time audio and other tasks. You are likely to experience buffer underruns appearing as drop outs, clicks or pops. One or more DPC routines that belong to a driver running in your system appear to be executing for too long. One problem may be related to power management, disable CPU throttling settings in Control Panel and BIOS setup. Check for BIOS updates. "