FlatOut 2

ArchangeL · 19 · 43166

Offline ArchangeL

• View Profile
Hey, how are you doing?

I write to you on behalf of the community. Of course, you have done a great job to create an alternate server, great thanks for that! We like FO2 very much and we were incredibly happy about new server, but now we have a problem... Some bastards do nothing in game, except stupidly break our lobbies using incorrect scripts. I caught them by IPs and has banned them on my pfSense firewall, now they can not join my host, but they still can join and crash others or creat own lobbies and crash our games during games search. Ok, these IPs are 185.47.186.249, 68.3.169.188 (185.47.184.0/22 and 68.2.0.0/15 - provider's ranges), and 109.125.0.0/18 (dynamic). Also they using anchorfree.com anonymous proxy.

Could you completely ban them on the server?

Upd. Today, on January, 7 "online" doesn't work at all... I hope, it's not shenanigans of these suckers...

Best regards, =H|F|M= ArchangeL

Offline sk8ace

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Hey man,

Sorry to hear about the lame people crashing servers.. We had the same issue on the THPS side as well and they were blocked temporarily and have not done it again.

The server was down last night for a bit but it's up now.

I'll look into those IPs for you. People shouldn't be using a proxy anyway.

Thanks for the post! I'll let you know.

Offline ArchangeL

• View Profile
These three - the real morons... I'm not sure that temporarily ban will "fix" their conscience...

And what about proxies? In principle, it is possible to create lists, that will update automatically, and drop/reject packets from their. I think, this is the only way to wean people like these to use proxy...

Thanks for the help, I'm sure, together we shall solve this issue.

Upd. Omg, just now I saw address 68.2.153.249 instead of 68.3.169.188, looks like this is dynamical too. So, let's write it as 68.2.0.0/15.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2016, 07:09:35 pm by ArchangeL »

Offline sk8ace

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Keep posting those IPs, we're still looking into it.

Thanks

Offline sk8ace

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Have you had any freezes the last couple days? 3 people were banned for ddosing.

Offline ArchangeL

• View Profile
These people made even ddos, omg... As I understand, you are completely banned IP addresses that I gave, and now they can not even connect to the server. Cool.

I did not go to the game a few days, but tonight (about 10 hours in Moscow, you have the morning respectively), and played approx. 3 hours - it was all good.  Many thanks for your support! But if suddenly I shall see more of these "comrades" (or same), I let you know...

Offline sk8ace

• Administrator
    • View Profile

Offline ArchangeL

• View Profile
Hey! It's me again.

I have a few questions about work of "online" and proposal how to clean the game from any known kind of cheaters.

First. A long time ago there was info, that we need to change domain from "openspy.net" to "openspy.org" in exe's body, but openspy.net -strings still works. So, must we change it for the future, or no difference and both domains will work always?

And second... We built FO2 version with protection of cheating. It's the same original 1.2 version, but protected. No other changes. So we think, this is a good variant for players to migrate, and no reasons to keep "dirty" default 1.2. Can you block default 1.2? This will cut off dishonest players for years... (Details in PM)

Offline sk8ace

• Administrator
    • View Profile
It's no longer required to change the .net to .org. We had an issue with the domain but it's resolved so keep using .net if you wish.

Can you link me the new version of the game? I want to check it out.

Offline ArchangeL

• View Profile
Emmm, news:

All the familiar faces... Are they not in ban?  :(

Offline ArchangeL

• View Profile
Yep, today I had received complaints about these assholes, they again break lobbies. So why are they still can connect to server and make not good things? Have you any troubles with their block? Or some other reasons?

Also it was an attempt to connect with my host through tor proxy, but not successful, of course - it is in ban too on my gateway machine.

Offline sk8ace

• Administrator
    • View Profile
None of those IPs are in the logs on Openspy. They must connect to openspy with different IPs.

Offline ArchangeL

• View Profile
Hmmm... At least 185.47.186.249 is static, I see this (exactly this) IP constantly. It must be in your logs... Two others are dynamic, yes, they are changing from time to time, but I'm sure that is same people, moreover, that the time of occurrence of these records in my logs stably coincides with moments of lawlessness in FO. Emm, can you block network ranges? Here is sitting not too many people, so mathematical probability to ban wrong tends to zero...

Also it would be a good idea to check your logs for fresh IP records owned by anonymous proxies, e.g. 74.115.x.x, 199.255.x.x, 46.16.x.x, 185.36.x.x or same kind...