THPS5 Added to Wikipedia's List of Worst Video Games

Offline Chatter

• Upload Approved
  • 19/m/Netherlands
    • View Profile
I haven't played this game, and I should probably be thankful for it. It seems like this game had everything a bad game can be known for, including bugs, huge patches, boring design, limited customisation, unfitting physics, boring gamemodes, mind-boggling mechanics/decisions, THPS5 has it all, according to reviews and gameplay I have seen.

We can cry forever about how much of a shame it is that the THPS series is probably dead, but I guess it's best to move on, and all enjoy THUGPro together.
Sup, I'm Chatter. (HN.Chatter) my Skype is thedudecalledjoris.

My clan is HN. Henchness!

I'm always LF people to play with, also wanna join a clan some day and do wars/competitions and stuff.

Offline ShutMeUp!

• I can't wait for you to ShutMeUp!
    • View Profile
    • ShutMeUp's DevonttaieArt.
Ha! It's right where it belongs! :P
Even tho i actually kinda like Duke Nukem Forever..
"Winners never cheat.
And cheaters never win."
-HooL (Quite a while ago)

Offline Soaring Wings

• Upload Approved
    • View Profile
    • Youtube
I kind of wish some of it's levels (Moutain) were recreated for THUGPRO
- DEUS VULT!

Offline thedodeman

• Administrator
  • Howdy.
    • View Profile
Mountain was OK- likely the best level on the game imo. I always have mixed emotions about linear levels like that (DHJ as well)- it's kinda fun to feel like you travelled down a long hill or mountain, but I like being able to travel around in a more open world type concept too, makes for more interesting lines, prov feels more free, etc. I did like the Rooftops level on THPS5 too, some good lines on there.

Offline TheKosmicKollector

• 21st Century Retail Release Boy
    • View Profile

Totally agree. Some of those levels could be  really fun to play on with THUG 2's non-broken gameplay

Offline BlazE

• Upload Approved
    • View Profile
Welcome to your new home, THPS5. May it suck as much as you do.
Find mods and tutorials by me at www.tnthps.us

Offline ShutMeUp!

• I can't wait for you to ShutMeUp!
    • View Profile
    • ShutMeUp's DevonttaieArt.
Welcome to your new home, THPS5. May it suck as much as you do.
- BlazE, 2016

I actually like this quote!
"Winners never cheat.
And cheaters never win."
-HooL (Quite a while ago)

Offline BloodshotBiz

• GlitchMaster
    • View Profile
    • thpsGoat.com | Home of Team Goat!
Not sure what was so horrible about the game. Ok, fine, I know the engine sucked horribly for a TH game, but it would've been recreated with the unreal engine anyway had Neversoft never moved on to other games before their merging with CoD devs. The unreal engine development was pitched to Josh Tsui (Robomodo president) by none other than Joel Jewett (one of 4 Neversoft founders). Aside from that, THPS5 was a huge improvement from THPSHD (which honestly isn't saying much, I know). I am just baffled at how the game got broken after the patch. (maybe not broken, but very stupidly simplified and noobed down). I wrote the patch notes for the patch for THPS5, many of which involved glitches and exploits, obviously (BGOAT POWER), that gotten fixed. One thing I never complained about or felt the need to report on was the rag-doll type bails, yet it was something everybody seemed to hate on that got "fixed" aka breaking the game making it way too easy (can't force bail, if you late flip into a grind you will not bail, it is basically like playing very easy on thug). I do not understand where all that came from. The bailing wasn't glitchy. It was the engine itself. But in video after video everybody threw the game under the bus based on bails. Are you kidding me? I guess playing the game was something that those reviewers never did. They tried obviously but just couldn't get the concept because they are a new generation of fuck tard that have no clue what exactly you do in THPS... That was one thing that got me to stop playing the game; they fixed something that needed no fixing..

Offline ENunn

• ENunn, also known as Ethan. Hey.
    • View Profile
    • My Website/Blog