How do I fit the skater skeleton in blender to fit smaller character model?

Offline Ayden_ichor

• Upload Approved
    • View Profile
Hello I'm wondering how to change the skeleton to a smaller character model, or a character model that has a bigger head, I tried jimmy neutron and he ended up having a normal body, and head but his arms would stretch out, and I tried another model and it ended up stuck in a T pose, I am wondering if you have any answers if you do can you please let me know?

Offline sockpuppetkingdom

• Upload Approved
    • View Profile
You can't edit the skeleton in any way. However, you can distort/resize the model to fit the skeleton, make the skater you're replacing into a custom skater (press Y or triangle on the character select menu), and use the create-a-skater scaling options to bring it down. You can also replace the skater with a smaller-sized one like Wee-Man, Ramp Kid, Imp, etc.

Offline Ayden_ichor

• Upload Approved
    • View Profile
I tried this and it kind of worked the model reacted to the board and reached for it but the model looked like it was being pushed together am I suppose to try to make the model look be kind of close in size to the skeleton in width.

Offline sockpuppetkingdom

• Upload Approved
    • View Profile
Yes, it is ideal that the model is as closely fitted to the skeleton as possible.

If the arms are going in the character's body, you could try scaling down the character's chest horizontally (go into edit mode, select every triangle weight-painted to the chest bone, press S,X on the keyboard, squish it) and scaling it back up in create-a-skater.