THPS2 crashes even with patches installed

nap · 4 · 5146

Offline nap

• View Profile
Hi, more or so of a newbie in this kind of stuff. I've been trying to get THPS2 up and running on my laptop, but even with patches such as th2_patch launcher and the smaller .exe, it doesn't try to run. As right as I start it (with the th2 patch launcher) it gives up, and crashes on me. This has been bothering me a lot, and it just kinda makes me upset. Not sure what could be causing this.

Offline bloowm

• View Profile
The game is pretty prone to crashing, if you're running the game at any higher than 1080p it will crash. This might be the case with multimonitor setups as well. If you're running at higher than 1080p try using the windowmode plugin, but if your not it could be because of a few things, all.pkr not extracted and dummied, or ddraw/dinput/other dlls missing/unpatched. it could also be because directplay isn't installed which isnt included with windows anymore, you can go to the add and remove features panel and install it. If none of these work I have a preinstalled copy of the game that just works when copying across machines, I'm working on making an installer package for the game with everything preapplied

Offline nap

• View Profile
Just installed the windowmode plugin. Still crashes, ddraw.dll is there. all.pkr seems to just be a standalone file, and I can't find the Legacy Components thing to install DirectDraw. I guess that's pretty much dead end, right?