Controller Messed Up In THUGPRO (FIXED)

Offline Skater1014

• Upload Approved
    • View Profile
    • Discord
Windows 10 automatically updated my Xinput driver without letting me know (even though I have automatic driver updates off) >:( and now I can't use my Xbox One controller (which is the only controller that I have that works w/ a PC) with THUGPRO because I used the triggers with Xpadder and now the keyboard disables itself in THUGPRO if I have a controller plugged in. I also can't rollback the driver...

EDIT: This problem was fixed by uninstalling updates KB3140743 & KB3140768.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2016, 04:31:46 pm by Skater1014 »

Offline AxlRocks

• View Profile
From what I gather, this was delivered as a Windows Update with other bug fixes etc and wasn't considered a driver update. The update was KB3140743. For right now, until Microsoft actually fixes controllers instead of breaking something else, I'd try uninstalling that.

Let me know if it works. I'm sure this will plague at least a few other people in the community so the sooner it's figured out the better.

Offline Skater1014

• Upload Approved
    • View Profile
    • Discord
From what I gather, this was delivered as a Windows Update with other bug fixes etc and wasn't considered a driver update. The update was KB3140743. For right now, until Microsoft actually fixes controllers instead of breaking something else, I'd try uninstalling that.

Let me know if it works. I'm sure this will plague at least a few other people in the community so the sooner it's figured out the better.
Thanks for the suggestion.
I'm uninstalling it now.

EDIT: I can confirm that this works. Everything's working now after uninstalling the update. Thanks. :)
« Last Edit: March 03, 2016, 04:59:48 pm by Skater1014 »

Offline sk8ace

• Administrator
    • View Profile

Offline AxlRocks

• View Profile

I'm uninstalling it now.

EDIT: I can confirm that this works. Everything's working now after uninstalling the update. Thanks. :)

Glad it's working! Thanks for the tip Axl!

Nice, that's good to hear! No problem :) Apparently some people are even having problems with their mice after that update. Hopefully Microsoft will fix it soon and deploy a "patch for the patch." lol

Offline Skater1014

• Upload Approved
    • View Profile
    • Discord

I'm uninstalling it now.

Glad it's working! Thanks for the tip Axl!

Nice, that's good to hear! No problem :) Apparently some people are even having problems with their mice after that update. Hopefully Microsoft will fix it soon and deploy a "patch for the patch." lol
Then they will probably need a 3rd patch after that lol. ;)

The update definitely did something with the Xinput driver because it reverted back to the old October 2015 driver after uninstalling the update.
The Xinput driver that came with the update was from February 22nd 2016 so they must've added a function that disables keyboard input when a controller is detected by the game.

Offline Skater1014

• Upload Approved
    • View Profile
    • Discord
Looks like this week's update (KB3140768) broke it again...