Is there a patch for Thug2 to play on Windows 8?

Offline hedwind71

• View Profile
Hi, this is my first post. I'm pulling my hair out in frustration. I bought a new copy of Thug2 from Wal-mart, and I installed it on pc, but it tries to download Directx 9, but my pc says Windows doesn't support Directx9. I've scoured the internet, but I can't find anything useful. I can't be the only one to experience this problem but there's not much info on this problem. Maybe you guys get this question a lot, but I'm about to give up. A youtuber named Radrat said there was a patch, but didn't put any links so, not very helpful.

Offline sk8ace

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Direct x is backwards compatible so you don't need 9 for it to run. Just ignore that 9 install. How in the world did you find a new copy of thug2 PC lol. Crazy

Offline ShutMeUp!

• I can't wait for you to ShutMeUp!
    • View Profile
    • ShutMeUp's DevonttaieArt.
Unless that PC is literally from stone age and doesn't have DirectX 9.. But you should be fine.

But yea, a new copy of THUG2? As in "New to you" or "Never used"?
"Winners never cheat.
And cheaters never win."
-HooL (Quite a while ago)

Offline hedwind71

• View Profile
Yeah, I actually found new copy, unless Wal-Mart scammed me. I bought a copy on E-bay first but discs were to scratched to install, luckily they refunded money. My pc's only a couple of yrs. old and no problem with much else, yet.

Offline Zenotama

• Upload Approved
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
lol if its new cant you sell it for like 100 dollars? Plus what walmart still sells it? I wanna go there.

Offline hedwind71

• View Profile
Holy crap, it finally works!!!! Kind of. Thanks for advise. I mean kind of because the actual Thug2 game will get to title screen, but as soon as I hit play, the game closes. That's sux, but not the end of the world. I have it on PS2. The only reason I wanted it is to play THUG PRO. That works mostly. Hell yeah!! But my Xbox 360 controller is mapped out all wrong. I can't get back to key binding menu. The one when you finish downloading mod. The only thing I can think of is to reinstall mod to get back to there. Is there a way to get to that screen again? Also, can you bind PS2 control scheme to Xbox controller? Sorry to ask so many questions, but the journey to get to this point has been a nightmare. Not the mods fault, just seem to have bad luck.

Offline %.gone.

• View Profile
You run the launcher to edit your gamepad bindings by selecting the gamepad binding tab.
Map them as you normally would then in game options there's a way to setup your controller for ps2 control configuration.

Offline hedwind71

• View Profile
Oh yeah, that's better. Thanks %.Gone, that did the trick. I really didn't want to go through that hassle again. Thanks everyone who posted.