EMPTY/TEMPLATE PARKS

Squilliam · 12 · 16464

Offline Squilliam

• Upload Approved
  • Props
    • View Profile
Hey everyone, 

I have a few EMPTY/TEMPLATE parks that I have been using as jumping off points for CAPs. 

For instance, I have a smaller size park that has all the walls covered in fences.

It saves me some time instead of however you would do it from scratch.

Also cus I'm weird and I have this thing with crazy grinds and acid, I made a fenced in acid pit that you just throw grindables into and have fun.

[ZIP LINK  MEDIAFIRE]
www.mediafire.com/file/a118fgr3av9kt1d/EMPTY_PARKS.zip

[PICTURE]
www.i.imgur.com/Az5UXbl.png

Does anyone else have anything like these?

Would you also mind uploading so we can share?

Offline Squilliam

• Upload Approved
  • Props
    • View Profile
I figure I should put these in a thread like this here instead of in the community uploads, but maybe a section can be added to community uploads/parks/"TEMPLATES" or something?

Just a thought, also not sure how much response I will get or who else even does this.

Offline sk8ace

• Administrator
    • View Profile
I can manually upload anything you want. If you don't want these in you own folder but a Templates folder, I can do that.

Offline ShutMeUp!

• I can't wait for you to ShutMeUp!
    • View Profile
    • ShutMeUp's DevonttaieArt.
I usually make em from scratch, also prefer to use other CAPs for the sake of studying and learning something new from them, but this is a good idea!

Also, a bit unrelated but now that we're talking about CAPs, i'd like to give a shoutout to an specific post from thmods that could be useful for CAP makers. Shoutout goes to DeGenerator for this.
 It's long as fuck so im putting it under a spoiler:

Quote from: DeGenerator
I don't know if you people already know about this, but you can make a 56x56 park without problems, it won't consume memory. There is no difference between 8x8 map and 56x56 in create a park mode. Yes, you heard it right.

This tutorial will show you how to clearly see what each piece is consuming from your park. Please avoid the standard limit bar, don't take it too seriously unless you follow this tutorial.

First, I want you to make those steps ingame now while you are reading this tutorial.

? Put your map in 8x8 and place a generic Quarter Pipe. It will consume a lot. But if you put this same QP in a 56x56 map, it won't consume. That's because this is a fake bar on 56x56. The real limit bar is showed in a 8x8 map.

http://i.imgur.com/J99AAB0.png

? Then you will imagine a 8x8 limit bar in a 56x56 map. It's difficult, so all you have to do is raise up some blocks (or you can call it walls) in a corner of the map that you won't place objects in a indefinite moment. Only 1 unit is enough.

http://i.imgur.com/6YtgfjS.png

? If you make this a few times, you will notice that in a moment the limit bar will start to move. It's because the REAL 8x8 limit bar exceeded the 56x56 fake limit bar and for now you will only notice the bar increasing. In this moment you can see the real consume of each object of the park editor. So, when you need more space, just raise down some blocks and keep doing it to see always how much the objects will consume. That explains why 8x8 and 56x56 don't have differences in consumption of memory space. Yes, all this time the limit bar was trolling you.

There are exceptions for this tip, dynamic props like green window, crate etc. Do not use it until you finish the level, because they will consume a lot, and don't matter if you are raising walls or not, When the map is filled with objects, they start to low-consume memory, so only at this time you will start to put dynamic objects.

Big templates would be a thing now! ;)
"Winners never cheat.
And cheaters never win."
-HooL (Quite a while ago)

Offline Squilliam

• Upload Approved
  • Props
    • View Profile
Up to you sk8ace about templates section.  Maybe if more people post some of theirs?  On one hand I would like it if people would upload templates but on the other hand maybe it would be confusing to newcomers.  Maybe I should just sit on this thread and see if anyone uploads anything here first?

Also, ShutMeUp! that quoted thread is great info thank you.
I was always wondering what is going on there and I have noticed that raising and lowering anything except the default ground level floor takes up memory.  For that reason, I usually build my parks to be centered around ground level.  Is this logic wrong?  I could only follow that quoted post till the end, maybe the last paragraph I lose it.  The OP is saying to wait until the end to add dynamic objects, what he means by "dynamic"?  I kind of follow this theory I think... if our definition of dynamic objects is the same.  For instance, I usually start out with QP's then benches, rails, goals, gaps, small stuff, ground stuff.. in that order with saving in between and test playing in between everytime I add more stuff to make sure it doesn't crash.

Offline ShutMeUp!

• View Profile
Im pretty sure that the "Dynamic" objects are Glass, BA Glass, Tea Barrel, Crate and pretty much anything else that breaks.
You know how much these objects drain your fuckin' space when you see 'em in action! ;)

Avoid breakable objects at all costs! :D
"Winners never cheat.
And cheaters never win."

Offline thedodeman

• Administrator
  • Howdy.
    • View Profile
There was a group of us who built CAPs frequently back during the series "hey-day" that toyed with all kinds of "tricks" to conserve memory. I like the theory in the spoiler you posted ShutMeUp. What has always baffled me is why, when raising and lowering ground: if I raise or lower the ground, if I immediately revert that ground back to the default level, I gain no memory back. Well that's one thing, but I digress. We would typically utilize pre-made objects such as buildings to create pseudo walls to help conserve memory. I never did a full analysis of what/which pieces used how much memory, but man a comprehensive tutorial on this would be cool. I've forgotten, by now, more than I remember on space saving tips...seems like using quarter-pipes instead of pool pieces save memory and then use the rail tool to make a grindable lip above the q-pipe.

I think the master of tricking the editor back in the day, better than almost anyone I ran into, was EvilGod. He had that crap dialed. Hitstun was pretty good too- he loved the stack and merge glitch, and created some pretty cool stuff with that technique.

At any rate- back on topic: pre-made templates are a cool concept. THPS5's editor used this notion. Because the THPS5 editor was so glitchy I didn't get to play with it enough, but I did like the template idea. I could see utilizing these that you have come up with for CAP Building contest and the like. Good stuff!

Offline BlazE

• Upload Approved
    • View Profile
There was a group of us who built CAPs frequently back during the series "hey-day" that toyed with all kinds of "tricks" to conserve memory. I like the theory in the spoiler you posted ShutMeUp. What has always baffled me is why, when raising and lowering ground: if I raise or lower the ground, if I immediately revert that ground back to the default level, I gain no memory back. Well that's one thing, but I digress. We would typically utilize pre-made objects such as buildings to create pseudo walls to help conserve memory. I never did a full analysis of what/which pieces used how much memory, but man a comprehensive tutorial on this would be cool. I've forgotten, by now, more than I remember on space saving tips...seems like using quarter-pipes instead of pool pieces save memory and then use the rail tool to make a grindable lip above the q-pipe.

I think the master of tricking the editor back in the day, better than almost anyone I ran into, was EvilGod. He had that crap dialed. Hitstun was pretty good too- he loved the stack and merge glitch, and created some pretty cool stuff with that technique.

At any rate- back on topic: pre-made templates are a cool concept. THPS5's editor used this notion. Because the THPS5 editor was so glitchy I didn't get to play with it enough, but I did like the template idea. I could see utilizing these that you have come up with for CAP Building contest and the like. Good stuff!

I remember a guy by the name of <CM>Andrew on THAW ps2 and that dude could make some sick parks. I had a few indoor skateparks I made that were inspired by some of his work.
Find mods and tutorials by me at www.tnthps.us

Offline Squilliam

• Upload Approved
  • Props
    • View Profile
Also is there any repository of CAPs besides what we have here?

I would have thought there would be hundreds from back in the day but I am having trouble finding many. 

I did find one zip of about 50 including like Ambrosia and The Berrics and some others but that was about it.

Offline Squilliam

• Upload Approved
  • Props
    • View Profile
Also Also @ Blaze that has been freaking me out that the pic in your sig is my desktop background.

Not with the cartoon dude n couch but that same soapfilm background. wtf.  is that code to take user's background image to freak them out or this a huge coincidence???

Offline ShutMeUp!

• View Profile
Huge coincidence, lol
"Winners never cheat.
And cheaters never win."

Offline Squilliam

• Upload Approved
  • Props
    • View Profile