Computers That I've Owned (In Order)

Offline Skater1014

• Upload Approved
    • View Profile
    • Discord
I was getting off topic & talking about the specs of my 1st PC in the Screenshot Thread so I just decided to make a whole thread about it here because why not?

1. Dell Inspiron 1100
(December 2010 - March 2012)

How/when I got it:
Christmas of 2010.

Specs:
CPU: Intel Celeron (Single Core)
GPU: Some crappy Intel video card.
RAM: 500~600 MB
HDD: 16GB (I always ran into space issues.)
Audio: Sigmatel Audio (Not Realtek like most PCs.)
Wireless: Had no wireless. Had to use a USB wireless adapter.

What happened to it:
Got rid of it sometime around early March 2012 because I wanted something with better specs.

2. Dell Latitude D620
(March 2012 - October 2013)

How/when I got it:
Right after I got rid of my 1st PC in March 2012.

Specs:
CPU: Intel CPU (Dual Core) (Don't remember what kind but it was somewhat decent.)
GPU: Intel GMA 950
RAM: 1GB
HDD: Around 70~80GB
Audio: Realtek High Definition Audio
(The rest of my PCs from here on out had a wireless card.)

What happened to it:
The LCD screen randomly started to give out sometime in October 2013. I had to hook it up to an external display with a VGA cable whenever there was one available until I got a new PC.
Pics of the broken LCD screen (taken sometime around November 2013) while I was transferring everything over to my new PC.
The colors were washed out, there were lines everywhere when it was first turned on, and the movements on the screen were very weird. It just randomly started doing that.

3. Toshiba Satellite L505D-S5983
(November 2013 - Present)

How/when I got it:
Got it on November 21st, 2013 to replace my 2nd PC with the broken screen.

Specs:
OS: Windows 7 Home Premium 32-Bit (until August 1st, 2015) Windows 10 Home 32-Bit (Currently runs that now.)
CPU: AMD Athlon ll M300 (Dual Core) (64-Bit processor but OS is 32-Bit...)
GPU: ATI Radeon 4100
RAM: 3GB
HDD: 320GB (I think.)
Audio: Realtek High Definition Audio
(Also, this thing has major overheating issues. It would reach 80C at 100 CPU usage.)

What happened to it:
Nothing, I still have it but I don't use it anymore.
(My family's desktop PC that we've had since like 2007 gave out a few months ago so we're using that laptop as a temporary replacement for now.)

4. HP 17-P121WM
(December 2015 - Present)

How/when I got it:
Christmas of 2015.

Specs:
CPU: AMD A6-6310 APU (Quad Core)
GPU: AMD Radeon R4
RAM: 4GB
HDD: 465GB
Audio: Realtek High Definition Audio & AMD High Definition Audio

What happened to it:
Obviously nothing, it's my current PC.
I'm using it to type this.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2017, 03:53:46 pm by Skater1014 »

Offline ShutMeUp!

• I can't wait for you to ShutMeUp!
    • View Profile
    • ShutMeUp's DevonttaieArt.
I had many PCs too so i guess it wouldn't hurt sharing!
I don't know all specs so yeah.

PC #1
Date: September, few days after 14, 2011 - September, few days after 14, 2014
How i got it: As a birthday gift, my bro had his first and i asked for one too.

RAM: 512MB
Graphics Card: Internal of 32MB
Keyboard: A simple keyboard.
Mouse: A simple mouse, i changed it for my bro's first mouse at some point since it would pick too much trash on the wheel and it had a broken stick inside as well. I just fixed the latter, but i found a cheap solution.
HDD: 30GB.
CPU: Apparently a Core2Duo
Screen: A random basic screen that lasted like 2 years, so i got my sister's past screen.

What happened: PC got ridiculously slow so i asked as a birthday gift a better one. It still works to this date but i rather have none than that slug of a PC.

PC #2
Date: September, few days after 14, 2014 - December, around 10, 2015
How i got it: As stated above, i got it as a birthday gift.

Graphics Card: My dad's graphics card until December 2014, i had none after that but asked for one as birthday gift and got my own, it is a GeForce GT 610.
Keyboard: Same keyboard of mine.
Mouse: My bro's first mouse.
HDD: 130GB
CPU: Never checked.
Screen: My sister's screen would get crazy with the colors sometimes until it got to deep blue colors which wouldn't fix with a slam, so i picked my dad's screen.

What happened: Forgot for months to close the PC on the back, mice got in and pissed on my motherboard. After that, im pretty pissed at mice.

PC #3
Date: December, around 18, 2015 - May, beginning of the month, 2016 (A few days before the ELA update)
How i got it: My father had a PC he wouldn't use for quite some time, i was trying not to use it but i had no other choice since my previous PC was apparently not repairable without spending that much money on a new mobo.

Graphics Card: My GeForce GT 610 (1GB)
Keyboard: Mine until it disconnected every move, so i got a keyboard nobody was using from a certain someone who had a PC on my house.
Mouse: Same mouse
HDD: Somewhere around 150GB on Disk C and like 100GB on Disk D
CPU: Originally Intel
« Last Edit: January 08, 2017, 09:11:22 pm by ShutMeUp! »
"Winners never cheat.
And cheaters never win."
-HooL (Quite a while ago)

Offline Skater1014

• Upload Approved
    • View Profile
    • Discord
That must suck having that thing break on you right before the East LA update though.

What happened: Forgot for months to close the PC on the back, mice got in and pissed on my motherboard. After that, im pretty pissed at mice.
lol What are the odds of that?

Offline ShutMeUp!

• I can't wait for you to ShutMeUp!
    • View Profile
    • ShutMeUp's DevonttaieArt.
That must suck having that thing break on you right before the East LA update though.
It does, i was impatient for ELA! :c

lol What are the odds of that?
I say 40%, there used to be plenty of mice at that time but now thank god it's all cockroaches instead. :T
"Winners never cheat.
And cheaters never win."
-HooL (Quite a while ago)

Offline sk8ace

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Oh man I can't even remember the names of my old computers. My dad is a machinist and spent a lot of money on computers back in the day so he could write programs for early CNC machines.  The first one I used was from the late 70s had almost no space and used those massive 8 inch floppy drives. Then I had one of these

Then this sweet laptop where the keyboard folded out like a puzzle

Then a bunch of no name desktops until I got this HP laptop in 2003

did all of my THPS video editing on this one.

then in 2007 I built my first desktop. Core 2 Duo, midrange XFX graphics card. That computer is still working, my parents use it as their main computer now.

I built the one I am using now in 2012. Asus mobo, i5 2500k overclocked to 4.5 mhz. like 6 hard drives 2 SSDs, gtx 970.

I will be building a new one this year after the next Intel CPUs drop.