Linux THUGpro wont start installing.

Chatter · 32 · 32467

Offline sk8ace

• Administrator
    • View Profile
I had no luck.. Best option IMO is to dual boot windows and play it there.

The Thugpro devs will most likely never support a linux version.

If he still wants to get it working, there is a Mac install guide that should be similar to linux.

http://thpsx.com/thpsxv4/dynamic/thugpro.html

Scroll down a bit to see it.

Offline ShutMeUp!

• I can't wait for you to ShutMeUp!
    • View Profile
    • ShutMeUp's DevonttaieArt.
I'm down to Skype sometime this week, skype is thedudecalledjoris.
Well, then wait till i fix my PC, lol
Just to try to find me on THUGPro as ShutMeUp!!!, i'll decide if you're a worthy invite or just a time-consuming attempt! ;P

Hint: You gotta show you're worth it, which shouldn't be hard, just no being dull, savage, edgy, rude nor cocky and you're almost guaranteed to gain my trust, if your friend is just like you and i do trust you, he can be there too!
Im mainly doing this "test" because the whole group has already been facing too much bullshit, so best not to go through even more, lol.
But please be patient, the PC is hopefully fixed tomorrow or sometime this week.
"Winners never cheat.
And cheaters never win."
-HooL (Quite a while ago)

Offline Chatter

• Upload Approved
  • 19/m/Netherlands
    • View Profile
@ShutMeUp!!!

I'm by no means an amazing player of THUGpro, my tryhard combo's are usually around 4/8 million, my casual ones like 1/2. I mainly like chilling, free skate, chats, etc. I do like gamemodes though, just not the Trick Attack spam everyone does. KoTH, Scavenger, firefight and graffiti are my favourites. Goal attack is also really cool.

I'm not a bullshit troll, spammer, annoyer, bully or anything like that, I just like to have a casual fun time with friends. I understand you want to avoid those toxic people, even when it can be hard.
Good luck to you and your pc, I'll see when you hit me up!

@others

Sorry for off-topic. I'm still thankful for all the help. I've let my friend read the responses, even though he's a bit annoyed it wont work, he will keep trying at his own pace. (he does admit Linux can kinda suck though, which I understand)
Sup, I'm Chatter. (HN.Chatter) my Skype is thedudecalledjoris.

My clan is HN. Henchness!

I'm always LF people to play with, also wanna join a clan some day and do wars/competitions and stuff.

Offline %.gone.

• View Profile
The only way to truly get this to work would be for us to compile both the updater and the launcher against mono (which is lacking and might in the end not work).
Then you have to deal with the dll and changing anything there that might conflict with linux (and there are many distributions).
What this means is we would need to supply/maintain multiple versions of files for a very small group of people.
This is a free and in our spare time project and as you might've guessed already we don't have very much knowledge in cross platform development.

You're going to need to go the same route as mac users and use some method that allows you to run a windows application on a mac and in your case linux.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2016, 06:28:30 pm by %.gone. »

Offline ShutMeUp!

• View Profile
@ShutMeUp!!!

I'm by no means an amazing player of THUGpro, my tryhard combo's are usually around 4/8 million, my casual ones like 1/2. I mainly like chilling, free skate, chats, etc. I do like gamemodes though, just not the Trick Attack spam everyone does. KoTH, Scavenger, firefight and graffiti are my favourites. Goal attack is also really cool.

I'm not a bullshit troll, spammer, annoyer, bully or anything like that, I just like to have a casual fun time with friends. I understand you want to avoid those toxic people, even when it can be hard.
Good luck to you and your pc, I'll see when you hit me up!
Consider me officially convinced you're a fun guy, even tho i like TA so i can get better at the game but you gave me a good point, now im definitively looking forward to see ya in-game!
(I just hope you're not too innocent cuz you might see ALL kinds of things there in the chat, lol)

Needless to say, "Good luck to both of you". ;)
"Winners never cheat.
And cheaters never win."

Offline jvfc678

• View Profile
Tell him to install something called PlayOnLinux. its a tool to provide easier access to wine extras and manages multiple wine folders too
Once tries to install a new program choose to install a non-listed program and when it asks for extra packages to install, choose this one: "gdiplus"
Now just proceed with the instalation. When using the launcher and pressing start game the uptader may get stuck on "Finishing Update" if it does that just try to close that window and the game will work just fine
Beware if you go on something that has reflections or glass the game hud may glitch out for a few seconds and come back but that's just minor
« Last Edit: September 08, 2016, 01:25:08 pm by jvfc678 »

Offline ShutMeUp!

• View Profile
Tell him to install something called PlayOnLinux. its a tool to provide easier access to wine extras and manages multiple wine folders too
Once tries to install a new program choose to install a non-listed program and when it asks for extra packages to install, choose this one: "gdiplus"
Now just proceed with the instalation. When using the launcher and pressing start game the uptader may get stuck on "Finishing Update" if it does that just try to close that window and the game will work just fine
Beware if you go on something that has reflections or glass the game hud may glitch out for a few seconds and come back but that's just minor
But THUGPro never had reflections or glass... Sk8ace!! We got a lame-ass bot here!!!

(For real, tho, is this an actual guy or is it a low-profile yet very well coded spambot? The name is suspiciously random.. IDENTIFY YOURSELF, SEND A SCREENSHOT OF YOUR CAS.)
For real, tho, for how long have you been lurking?

EDIT: Just wanted to add that it has been over-proved, like, damn, it's good it was proved but i have around 5 messages telling me more and more proof.. a_a'

It's feels like i asked for a penny and they give me 100 pennies. e_e
Except this weren't pennies at all, lol..

EDIT 2: I hope i don't sound very mean here, if i do, i apologize again!
« Last Edit: September 09, 2016, 11:56:05 pm by ShutMeUp!!! »
"Winners never cheat.
And cheaters never win."

Offline sk8ace

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Pretty sure he is not a bot.
IP matches  F_Canudo from thugpro.

Offline SK8.William

• Upload Approved
  • pfp art by ShutMeUp!
    • View Profile
    • Youtube Channel
Yeah it's him,it's Canudo.JVFC are the initials of his name.It's a Brazillian friend,so you may chill,it's no bot.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2016, 08:32:50 pm by SK8.William »
THUGPro Custom Story Mode is out!
PLAY IT NOW!

Offline Chatter

• Upload Approved
  • 19/m/Netherlands
    • View Profile
Thank you for the answer, Canudo, and welcome to the forums :D. I've showed my friend your solution, idk if he's still motivated enough to try and get it though, but I do really appreciate all help.
Sup, I'm Chatter. (HN.Chatter) my Skype is thedudecalledjoris.

My clan is HN. Henchness!

I'm always LF people to play with, also wanna join a clan some day and do wars/competitions and stuff.

Offline ShutMeUp!

• View Profile
Nice to hear that, maybe i got too paranoid for no reason.. :l
My apologies! D:
"Winners never cheat.
And cheaters never win."

Offline jvfc678

• View Profile
But THUGPro never had reflections or glass... Sk8ace!! We got a lame-ass bot here!!!

(For real, tho, is this an actual guy or is it a low-profile yet very well coded spambot? The name is suspiciously random.. IDENTIFY YOURSELF, SEND A SCREENSHOT OF YOUR CAS.)
For real, tho, for how long have you been lurking?

Hahahahaahha I'm not lurking for way too long I created the account a few months back but never gave too much attention.
And then I saw this thread about linux and decided to help based on personal experience :D
if you are still intrested enough you also have to install the pacakges "directx9" and "dotnet40"
also run this command before running the game:
Code: [Select]
sudo echo 0 | sudo tee /proc/sys/kernel/yama/ptrace_scopeEdit: that command above is just for the install (or not I need to do some more testing)
AND FOR THE LOVE OF GOD DON'T STAND WAY TOO MUCH BESIDES BARCELONA WATER UNLESS YOU WANNA HAVE A SEIZURE
And yess there is glass with shaders(sort of) in thugpro. ALSO FOR ALL THAT IS HOLY PLS DON'T BREAK THE GLASS IN HIGH SCHOOL(THP8) OR THE SAME THING WILL HAPPEN
Basically everything that has some sort of glass or water. just stay away from it...

« Last Edit: September 09, 2016, 09:50:44 pm by jvfc678 »

Offline jvfc678

• View Profile
Yeah it's him,it's Canudo.JVFC are the initials of his name.It's a Brazillian friend,so you may chill,it's no bot.
See?  8)

Offline Challenger

• Upload Approved
    • View Profile
Hey Canudo, good to meet you. It seems like he has some lag issues running a glitch park in Windows 10... I'm running it in Linux Mint without problems. Haven't tried the water or glass things yet. He's a cool guy and a reasonably good player. Welcome to the forums!

Offline Challenger

• Upload Approved
    • View Profile
Here are my setup and test results for THUG2 and THUG Pro running under Wine on Linux. Your results may vary by distro.

https://appdb.winehq.org/objectManager.php?sClass=version&iId=10496&iTestingId=94276

https://appdb.winehq.org/objectManager.php?sClass=version&iId=31880&iTestingId=94989

Actually now that I think of it I did see the HUD distortion glitch briefly the other day. I believe I was in one of the THUG city levels, it happened while I was online.