Issues playing THPS4 online.

Zure · 3 · 13309

Offline Zure

• LExP Developer
    • View Profile
Hey, I'm having some issues playing THPS4PC online via Direct IP connection. People can see my server on the server list on THPS.info, But they can't join, When someone tries to connect, They get the "Unable to connect" error message. I'm using Level Expansion Pack BTW. So can someone test it with me to make sure it's not an OpenSpy issue?

BTW, I forwarded ports 5150, 5151, 5250, 5251, and 6500 TCP and UDP, My PC's IP is static, Players can join my THPS3 servers but not THPS4. IDK why, This happened ever since I upgraded my PC's OS from XP to 7.  :-\
I'm the creator of Level Expansion Pack and THUG2 Classic HQ Texture mods. Both are found on ThMods.

Offline sk8ace

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Try forwarding 5153 as well and try it. You can also DMZ yourself temporarily and have someone try to join. That way we can tell for sure if its a port problem or something else.

Offline Zure

• LExP Developer
    • View Profile
UPDATE: I've been using a port checking site to see if the ports are open, The sites either said the ports were closed, Or connection timed out. When I disabled the firewall on my PC, I got connection refused (on the port checker, not in-game) which means the server sees the port but there's no inbound traffic responding, And while looking at the logs on the router it shows that it's connecting to the server with the ports successfully. So I suppose that's better. I can't test right now since thps.info is down. I suppose I could test THPS3 since people had issues with that too (Not sure if it's their end or OpenSpy in that regard).

I called my IP (Comcast/Xfinity) and they said port forwarding shouldn't be blocked in this situation. My network setup is a Netgear R7000 router and a Motorola SB6141 modem, I checked the Motorola modem too and there are no settings on that (It's a basic modem BTW, Not a modem/router combo).

BTW, I forwarded 5153 too, It might be wise to see if the advanced stats on my THUG Pro servers post.
I'm the creator of Level Expansion Pack and THUG2 Classic HQ Texture mods. Both are found on ThMods.