Scaling custom skater models

Offline rudi246

• Upload Approved
    • View Profile
Is there a way to scale down skater models and their armatures without them coming out all screwed up looking in game? I ported over a Rayman model and he looks fine, but he's kinda big because of his proportions. I would like to be able to scale him down if at all possible.

Offline sockpuppetkingdom

• Upload Approved
    • View Profile
For an easy way you can replace one of the shorter characters (e.g. Wee Man, Ramp Kid, Imp) with Rayman. Shorter characters use in-engine scaling, which applies to the replacement character as well. Note that you can't replace Space Monkey/Ped_Dalek, because it has a green color hardcoded into it that tints the replacement model.

You can also do CAS scaling, though this is a bit more difficult. For this, you have to unlock the debug menu using the Anteara mod on a second install of the game. The debug menu will allow you to replace your custom skater with a different character model, and you can scale that character to your liking using the CAS scale options. Note that you have to use a character that doesn't have in-engine scaling already applied, or else CAS scaling won't work. Jesse James and Aborigine are good characters to do this method with since they don't show up in Free Skate as peds.

Offline rudi246

• Upload Approved
    • View Profile
Awesome! I don't know why I didn't think of trying that. I replaced the imp with my Rayman model and he looks good now.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2019, 09:09:11 pm by rudi246 »

Offline EvilAsh123

• Upload Approved
  • i like modding games files.
    • View Profile
you dont need to use the debug menu anymore because all the thug2 skaters are in thug pro skater select now. just hit y/triangle to make that model into a cas and scale them
Thug Pro Username -  GoFundUrself
Discord Name -  AriannaThePrincess13

ThAEm

you dont need to use the debug menu anymore because all the thug2 skaters are in thug pro skater select now. just hit y/triangle to make that model into a cas and scale them
that is unless the model you want to replace isn't in the skater select menu, like Nigel Beaverhausen Ass or Skate Head (two skeletons weighted to the board)

Offline sockpuppetkingdom

• Upload Approved
    • View Profile
that is unless the model you want to replace isn't in the skater select menu, like Nigel Beaverhausen Ass or Skate Head (two skeletons weighted to the board)

Also if you want to scale below 60