The Controller topic.

Chatter · 23 · 24301

Offline Chatter

• Upload Approved
  • 19/m/Netherlands
    • View Profile
Anyone remember those dance playmats you could game on?

I have one for GameCube, originally meant for Dance Dance Mario Mix.
I tried playing THUG2 with it, and it worked a little, just limited because it only has D-pad, A, B, Start and Z. I did manage to do a few cool fliptricks, bonelesses, manuals etc. It was pretty funny and felt weird to play, but I really wanted to share this xD. 10/10 would (not?) recommend.

Another note:  Playing THUGpro on my pc (win7), my dualshock 3 controller works, apart from shoulder triggers and right camera stick, and on my Lenovo laptop (win10) everything works on my dualshock 3, except both triggers are treated as 1 button. I used SCPToolkit for both. I'm not interested to fix it, but it's noteworthy and interesting to me.
Sup, I'm Chatter. (HN.Chatter) my Skype is thedudecalledjoris.

My clan is HN. Henchness!

I'm always LF people to play with, also wanna join a clan some day and do wars/competitions and stuff.

Offline Anntire

• Upload Approved
  • Someone come kick my ass!
    • View Profile
I have one for GameCube, originally meant for Dance Dance Mario Mix.
I tried playing THUG2 with it, and it worked a little, just limited because it only has D-pad, A, B, Start and Z. I did manage to do a few cool fliptricks, bonelesses, manuals etc.

Damn thats kinda neat. Now that I think about it you could totally make a half decent skateboard controller!!

Now hear me out, because we all know Ride and Shred sucked massively, but what if it was more like the Dance Dance pad in the sense you just had a massive D-pad on one end of the board and a massive face buttons on the other end, so you could just plant your foot on one or two buttons on each end at a time. Sure you wouldn't be able to do massive combos, and steering might suck, but it'd work a hell of a lot better than Ride and Shred ever did.

Offline Duster_Seamus

• View Profile
    • dustersam.tumblr.com
playstation1 and 2 controller, wasd and pc controller. And in my opinion, I don't like keyboard :/
Playing TH games since I was 4  :D
instagram: boederman
YT channel: samnexus

Offline Chatter

• Upload Approved
  • 19/m/Netherlands
    • View Profile
Anyone played with a Switch controller yet?
Sup, I'm Chatter. (HN.Chatter) my Skype is thedudecalledjoris.

My clan is HN. Henchness!

I'm always LF people to play with, also wanna join a clan some day and do wars/competitions and stuff.

Offline Skater1014

• Upload Approved
    • View Profile
    • Discord
Anyone played with a Switch controller yet?
Tried out my older bro's Switch Pro Controller on PC and it installed and recognized the controller but it wouldn't respond to any inputs. Also tested it on the THUGPRO launcher.

Offline Skater1014

• Upload Approved
    • View Profile
    • Discord
I currently use an Afterglow Xbox One controller for THUGPRO.
It's starting to get stick drift pretty badly.
I used to be able to temporarily fix the problem by recalibrating it but now it still has the issue no matter how much I calibrate it.
I've tried this so many times and even calibrated through Windows.

Keep in mind it's a $50 controller that was 3rd party and I've had it for about 1-2 years.
I still have other controllers that I can use as a backup though in case it ever gets to the point where it's completely unusable. (Which is probably gonna happen very soon.)

EDIT: I just use a Nintendo Switch Pro Controller now.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2017, 05:03:10 pm by Skater1014 »

Offline Skater1014

• Upload Approved
    • View Profile
    • Discord
Just a little update about Switch Pro Controller compatibility if anyone wants to know:

I can confirm that the Switch Pro Controller works with THUGPRO. It even has split triggers. The only issue is that there's no rumble support on PC since it uses Directinput via Bluetooth instead of Xinput.
I now own one and I've been using it on PC.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2017, 05:12:25 pm by Skater1014 »