- > Questions & Tutorials

Custom soundtrack works- but not all songs play?

(1/1)

Smeskii:
I've recently made a custom soundtrack, and after enough messing around it worked, but i do have one problem: all the songs show up on the tracklist, but they don't all play. some songs never do, and when i try to sample them in the tracklist the game just crashes. I tried looking for possible reasons as to why those specifically are this way even though i did all the songs the same, but i have found nothing.
-they are all properly named, with the correct file that is present in the folder
-the soundtrack code has the correct amount of songs listed
-they are not particularly long songs
-the rest work perfectly fine, and even some songs added after those work
anyone have any ideas??? did i just get unlucky or something?

ShOscar:

--- Quote ---when i try to sample them in the tracklist the game just crashes
--- End quote ---
this is because the name of the song file is too long. the filename shouldn't exceed 22 or 23 characters. otherwise, it'll crash upon trying to preview it.

--- Quote ---all the songs show up on the tracklist, but they don't all play. some songs never do
--- End quote ---
i believe this is also tied to song names being too long. try shortening all the ones that are over 23 characters long to see if that fixes it.

Smeskii:

--- Quote from: ShOscar on January 20, 2024, 09:38:29 am ---
--- Quote ---when i try to sample them in the tracklist the game just crashes
--- End quote ---
this is because the name of the song file is too long. the filename shouldn't exceed 22 or 23 characters. otherwise, it'll crash upon trying to preview it.

--- Quote ---all the songs show up on the tracklist, but they don't all play. some songs never do
--- End quote ---
i believe this is also tied to song names being too long. try shortening all the ones that are over 23 characters long to see if that fixes it.

--- End quote ---

damnit- yeah that was it. thank you a lot, i didn't know this could be an issue.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version