Windows 10 Anniversary Update

Offline Skater1014

• Upload Approved
    • View Profile
    • Discord
Well, I got the Windows 10 Anniversary Update today and yeah, there are quite a bit of changes.
However, I'm already running into an issue. (I already expected to get issues...)
I have to rollback my graphics driver to an old 2015 version because the newest graphics driver (AMD Radeon Crimson 16.7.3) makes my explorer.exe process go in a crash loop. I've had that driver before the update and Windows installed an older driver when updating to the Anniversary Update. So I reinstalled the current driver and now I have this issue.
So, I rolledback to the old driver for now.
I'm not able to open Radeon Settings with this old driver and I don't know if I'll be able to run games correctly.

EDIT: I fixed the issue by doing a full reinstall of my graphics driver. I guess Windows corrupted it while it was updating.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2016, 10:04:54 pm by Skater1014 »

Offline LightningSam

• Viva La Sam
    • View Profile
    • Art/Interest Blog
Personally, I'd downgrade to Windows 7 or 8.

Yes, I know, 8/8.1 sucks too, but I'd much rather use that than 10.

Offline Skater1014

• Upload Approved
    • View Profile
    • Discord
Personally, I'd downgrade to Windows 7 or 8.

I had Windows 7 on my old laptop and I upgraded it to Windows 10 when it came out.
It was VERY buggy on that machine.
I got a new laptop that came with Windows 10 this past December (my current one) and I still get some bugs but not as bad as my old laptop.

If you were to take out the bugs & issues on Windows 10, it would probably be better than 7.
Another thing that annoys me is how they force Windows Update down your throat and there's no way to disable automatic updates even for drivers unless you download a certain troubleshooter pack to block certain updates.
I miss how bug-free Windows 7 was, but I do like the features that Windows 10 has (besides the ones that they force upon you).

Offline ShutMeUp!

• I can't wait for you to ShutMeUp!
    • View Profile
    • ShutMeUp's DevonttaieArt.
Holy shit, i knew Windows 10 sucked but not THAT much! ._.
Well, for once im (just very slightly) glad to have Windows 8! :T

But yea..

Windows 7 ftw!
"Winners never cheat.
And cheaters never win."
-HooL (Quite a while ago)