Town of Salem

Chatter · 6 · 16461

Offline Chatter

• Upload Approved
  • 19/m/Netherlands
    • View Profile
Hey THPSx.
I want to talk about my (tied) favourite game! It's Town of Salem.

Town of Salem is a turn based, role playing strategy game where 15 people play in one town. Every person is assigned one of the 33 unique roles, which are seperated by alignments. The catch? You know no one's role, you will have to figure those out by investigating, teamwork, killing, asking, lying, etc.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The biggest group of people are Town members. (about 6-10 people per game).
Town members have the mutual goal of wanting to keep the town safe from the mafia and other evildoers.

The 2nd group is Mafia. (usually 3/4 per game).
The Mafia is a small group of people who want to kill everyone who aren't part of the Mafia. Mafia roles are usually much stronger than Town roles.
The Mafia have the benefit of knowing everyone from their group, it's organised crime. The Mafia always has a leader, the Godfather. He will select a target to kill for the Mafioso (if there is one). The Mafia can also chat at night.

The other ''group'' are the Neutrals (2/6 per game, can vary a lot).
Neutrals each have their own goal, usually they work alone.

Furthermore, roles are split up into alignments, which, for example are: Town Protective, Town Investigate, Random Town, Mafia Deception, Neutral Killing, Neutral Evil, etc. There will be a role list, which will give clues to what type of roles are in the town.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The game structure is as followed:
Night - At night many roles can use their ability. Some people investigate, some kill, some protect, and some roleblock.
Day (part 1): All deaths of the previous night are announced.
Day (part 2): Discussion. Living people can use the chat to speak/ask/lie, and even whisper to other players. They can share clues, ask for them, lie, discuss, plan, etc. It's all part of the game!
Day (part 3): Voting. All living people can vote on whoever they want to send to trail. A certain amount of votes is needed. If someone goes to trail, that person gets 20 seconds to speak to defend himself. After that, others will vote either guilty or innocent.
(repeat pattern until either Town, Mafia, or a Neutral win. Some neutrals can win in combination with either Town or Mafia).
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
There are a few more aspects about the game I didn't cover in this relatively long post, I would love to play this game with anyone, preferably with a Skype call.

If you are interested, or if you know the game, go ahead and discuss here :D!
Sup, I'm Chatter. (HN.Chatter) my Skype is thedudecalledjoris.

My clan is HN. Henchness!

I'm always LF people to play with, also wanna join a clan some day and do wars/competitions and stuff.

Offline Latino Skater

• Oye 18/M Latino here
    • View Profile
I love that game, especially when you can become the arsonist and burn everyone while nobody know it was you.
Roses are red
Violets are blue
Tony Hawk's
Pro skater 2

Offline ShutMeUp!

• I can't wait for you to ShutMeUp!
    • View Profile
    • ShutMeUp's DevonttaieArt.
It seems like a good game, but the way you introduced yourself in the main post kinda reminded me of a Jehovah's witness. :T
Most likely it's just me, but ehh, it's just me being myself! :D
"Winners never cheat.
And cheaters never win."
-HooL (Quite a while ago)

Offline Chatter

• Upload Approved
  • 19/m/Netherlands
    • View Profile
@Latino Skater
Yeah, Arsonist is super fun,  but really hard to win. My favourite role is Veteran. Getting that bit of attention on you, then going alert for a multikill feels amazing.

@Shutmeup!
It was more of a reference to Ragnarobb, and his "I wanna talk about" series. But I get what you mean :p
I think the game is playable on phone, as you have no pc (yet.) I have no experience with mobile versions, though!

I'm always LF people to play with, also wanna join a clan some day and do wars/competitions and stuff.

Offline ShutMeUp!

• I can't wait for you to ShutMeUp!
    • View Profile
    • ShutMeUp's DevonttaieArt.
@ShutMeUp!
It was more of a reference to Ragnarobb, and his "I wanna talk about" series. But I get what you mean :p
I think the game is playable on phone, as you have no pc (yet.) I have no experience with mobile versions, though!
Well, i rather wait, if i get a PC, i rather get all the stuff at once! After all, i already filled my phone with a bunch of garbage.
"Winners never cheat.
And cheaters never win."
-HooL (Quite a while ago)

Offline Chatter

• Upload Approved
  • 19/m/Netherlands
    • View Profile
That moment when you find an SK first try. Fuck yeah achievements.