Just 1 forum. Better idea?

Chatter · 14 · 25861

Offline Chatter

• Upload Approved
  • 19/m/Netherlands
    • View Profile
As a fan of THUGPro, I have noticed there's a few forums about Tony Hawk games. For example this, thmods, phun, and maybe even more.

I have a suggestion, which is to redirect people to just one forum. I don't mind which forum it is, as long as it's just one.

My reasoning, is that most people, including myself, are too lazy to register and be active on multiple forums about the same thing.
My theory is that this could cause spread. Some people will join phun, some will join this, etc. Not everyone will join all.

I think if all of the TH community should focus on one forum. I think it could be helpful in growing the community and having the community be more clear and easy to understand.

Please let me know what you think.

-Chatter
Sup, I'm Chatter. (HN.Chatter) my Skype is thedudecalledjoris.

My clan is HN. Henchness!

I'm always LF people to play with, also wanna join a clan some day and do wars/competitions and stuff.

Offline Skater1014

• Upload Approved
    • View Profile
    • Discord
I agree with this as well.
I never got why there's always been so many different forums for THPS.

- Here
- THPS.TK (Used to be THPS.US.)
- Thmods
- THPS-Mods
- Chapter 3
- Phun
- The THPS Subreddit if that counts.
- Etc.

I only have an account here and on Thmods.
(I originally only wanted to make only one here, but Zure told me that I should make an account there and the devs seem pretty active on the THUGPRO section over there.)
I really don't want to have multiple accounts so I just stick with these 2.

However, just having only 1 site would most likely never happen since all of these sites are run by different people and have also been around for years.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2016, 03:59:20 pm by Skater1014 »

Offline sk8ace

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Each forum is owned by a different person. I don't see anyone giving up their forum traffic to another site.

I agree that having one central forum is a good idea. The only way I see that happening is if sites shut down and force people to use a different forum.

People tend to pick their favorite forum and stick with it.

Also, the community seems to be getting smaller. With the lack of recent updates, the server chart shows less and less people playing each day. A few months ago, we were hitting close to 40 players online every night. Now we are lucky to break 25.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2016, 04:16:10 pm by sk8ace »

Offline Skater1014

• Upload Approved
    • View Profile
    • Discord
With the lack of recent updates, the server chart shows less and less people playing each day. A few months ago, we were hitting close to 40 players online every night. Now we are lucky to break 25.
It could also be the instability of the game as well.

Offline ShutMeUp!

• I can't wait for you to ShutMeUp!
    • View Profile
    • ShutMeUp's DevonttaieArt.
Well, i have an account on ThMods, THPS-Mods, THPS.TK and here but im just active on ThMods and here. ;P

And it's a shame the player count decreased... But if people like GameMaster3000 left, at least the decrease had something positive! :D
I can dream...

Also, i like to think that each forum is for a different game, but that's just me.. e_e
« Last Edit: September 26, 2016, 05:21:40 pm by ShutMeUp!!! »
"Winners never cheat.
And cheaters never win."
-HooL (Quite a while ago)

Offline BlazE

• Upload Approved
    • View Profile
It doesn't surprise me that less and less people are playing now. I for one barely go on anymore. Not because of crashing or lack of updates, but the overall arrogance and huge egos of some of the players on there. It's not a humble community like it used to be on ps2.

As for the forums, I have also wondered why it was that way. There has been times where I've seen a post on one forum and never been able to find it again.
Find mods and tutorials by me at www.tnthps.us

Offline ShutMeUp!

• View Profile
I for one barely go on anymore. Not because of crashing or lack of updates, but the overall arrogance and huge egos of some of the players on there.

If people like GameMaster3000 left, at least the decrease had something positive!
Just seeing the name, you see he's an egotistic, not even knowing him, which is even worse than that! :3

But i guess you're right, some people are just a pain to play/talk with, so that isn't a bad choice but either way, im staying. I can stay to be with the non-toxic players, after all, i need to use the block button way more often! :D

(By the way, NOONE say a word about the linked profile, i already had enough flashbacks just seeing the name)
« Last Edit: September 30, 2016, 09:47:23 pm by ShutMeUp!!! »
"Winners never cheat.
And cheaters never win."

Offline Chatter

• Upload Approved
  • 19/m/Netherlands
    • View Profile
The new THUGPro launcher suggests THMods as the ''go to'' forums now. Maybe we should all move over there?
Sup, I'm Chatter. (HN.Chatter) my Skype is thedudecalledjoris.

My clan is HN. Henchness!

I'm always LF people to play with, also wanna join a clan some day and do wars/competitions and stuff.

Offline ShutMeUp!

• View Profile
I think that's where the devs are active the most, but i remember seeing an thpsX ad with the THUG1 cover (no logo) on it, if im not mistaken.

So my answer would be "no", maybe do what i do and check both, i just like writing posts here in this forum...
« Last Edit: October 14, 2016, 05:53:02 am by ShutMeUp!!! »
"Winners never cheat.
And cheaters never win."

Offline Krad

• Administrator
    • View Profile
You'll see banners, images and shoutouts in the game about THPSX because Quazz and Morten kindly allow this place to be an unofficial but kind of still official sub-entitity of thugpro.

I wanted the main page of the site to be a place people could check out for infomation regarding thps. I'm not afraid to give my opinion about certain things and while there hasn't been many opinionated front-page posts here, I still believe in the need for multiple places for users to connect to.

There was talk at one time of me incorporating the thmods forum, and moving it here, but that talk sort of died down between me and CHC. (Always a possibility in the future)

The forums here were initially only a secondary thought. They weren't meant to become the go-to place as I'm sure you guys can tell by how basic the appearance is. But I did always want there to be a place for users to be able to go to.
One of the main things between here and thmods is that this is a place you can be a little more loose, and pretty much discuss anything you wish. thmods derived from the modding community, and I know they would prefer to keep most if not all topics about modding.

I do appreciate the activity here more than you guys would know, and more than I show outwardly. I personally don't make money from the traffic and the ads here only support the stats server, and barely anything at that.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2016, 12:18:12 pm by Krad »

Offline ShutMeUp!

• View Profile
I do appreciate the activity here more than you guys would know, and more than I show outwardly. I personally don't make money from the traffic and the ads here only support the stats server, and barely anything at that.
At least this forum isn't anything like PHUN, that's awesome! :D
And well, no need to over-care about money here, it's OpenSpy, not EA Games, haha
"Winners never cheat.
And cheaters never win."

Offline Krad

• Administrator
    • View Profile
OpenSpy server and this server are separated and are their own bill.

Offline ShutMeUp!

• View Profile
Oh..
"Winners never cheat.
And cheaters never win."