Is it possible to create entirely custom environments for THUG PRO?

Offline Llama Juice

• View Profile
What's up, I'm Llama Juice.

I'm an environment artist, and I've always wanted to make a THPS level. Is there any tools to make that a reality using THUG Pro?  I'm not talking about the create-a-park shenanagins, I'm talking fully custom 3D models and textures.  Is that a possibility?  I'd love to give it a go.

Offline sk8ace

• Administrator
    • View Profile
There have been a few people that have asked this(including myself).

Quazz will have to reply to be sure but I don't believe it is possible at this time. Neversoft used custom made plugins for model/level creation and they are not anywhere public to DL/use.

It could be possible in the future but I think their main focus for THUGPro at this time is stability and importing the rest of the existing levels.

It would be awesome if we could later on!

Offline Morten

• Upload Approved
    • View Profile
Hi!

We have been doing some tests with custom levels, but its really basic stuff.

Like sk8ace said, we're currently focusing on converting the remaining thps levels. But custom levels is certainly something that we would like to see in the future.

The end goal would be a user friendly tool-chain for exporting the assets to the game format.

Either in the form of a plug-in for the various 3D editors or an application that can convert from a common 3D model format.

With that being said, there's still things that you can do to help.

There isn't really a "right" way to do this yet, so we kinda have to solve the problems as we go, before we can a have a good process for importing custom levels.

There is also a few special requirements for the levels and we gotta figure out how to "translate" that between the 3D editor and into the game.

What I'm saying is that we need help with figuring out the an ideal workflow and documenting the process.

The stuff that we have been doing so far is just simple 3D models, so we haven't really encountered any of the "real" problems that we would have with a more complex scenes.
But, getting some simple THPS1-2 style levels ingame shouldn't be that far out in the future.

Quite a few people have been asking about custom levels recently, and thats a good sign.
So if you have any questions or input on this you can contact us at [email protected], on this forum, or over at http://thmods.com/forum.

morten

Offline Llama Juice

• View Profile
Awesome, I don't really have time to be on the ground floor of a development like this sadly, but I would love to make some custom stage to play in at some point.

Thanks a lot for the reply man, and thanks for everything you've done so far for this mod.  i'm new to this community, but it's a pretty stellar one so far.

I'll definitely be watching closely to see when you guys make any breakthroughs :P

Offline TheKosmicKollector

• 21st Century Retail Release Boy
    • View Profile
This is certainly an interesting prospect - if we could freely create our own levels it would essentially enable us to recreate levels from games like Skate and Aggressive Inline - so, if a level can't be directly ported from another game, we can just re-make it!

Offline sk8ace

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Yup! Endless possibilities! I have so many ideas for levels and even some using local spots and skateparks.