Added Custom Level Uploader

sk8ace · 51 · 65384

Offline sk8ace

• Administrator
    • View Profile
There has been a lot of progress with Custom Level creation on our discord channel by some very smart people. We wanted to add a place to host these levels that users make. It works exactly the same as the park and skater uploads with the exception of requiring a .zip file. Custom levels are also named the same as a "stock" level in thugpro. These stock levels are replaced with the new created level files while thugpro is running. You then load up the stock level that was replaced and the new user created level should load in it's place.

These are completely user generated. You can expect some things to be broken/not work. We urge uploaders to only submit levels that are complete and as free of bugs as possible. Also, if uploaders modify/fix a level that has already been uploaded, they should remove the old version and upload the new version in it's place. Most of us are not professional level designers.. but I would like to try to keep away from having a bunch of broken levels clutter up the upload section.

Thanks to all that have worked on making this possible! If you are interested in making your own levels, join the discord channel!

Offline Soaring Wings

• Upload Approved
    • View Profile
    • Youtube
BTW to use the custom levels you need to have a special version of Update.DLL that bypasses thugpro's update system to play on the custom levels.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2017, 03:45:16 pm by Soaring Wings »
- DEUS VULT!

Offline Chatter

• Upload Approved
  • 19/m/Netherlands
    • View Profile
This is insane, definitely the kind of progress we need in this community. I would like to thank everyone who is putting in hard work to make/fix/test/share these maps and possibly other content.

Maybe at some point, a selection of those maps could be implemented in an official THUGPro update, to make them more accessible and show the players that stuff IS happening in this game!
Sup, I'm Chatter. (HN.Chatter) my Skype is thedudecalledjoris.

My clan is HN. Henchness!

I'm always LF people to play with, also wanna join a clan some day and do wars/competitions and stuff.

Offline Soaring Wings

• Upload Approved
    • View Profile
    • Youtube
Maybe at some point, a selection of those maps could be implemented in an official THUGPro update, to make them more accessible and show the players that stuff IS happening in this game!

It would be like the steam workshop
- DEUS VULT!

Offline sk8ace

• Administrator
    • View Profile
BTW to use the custom levels you need to have a special version of Update.DLL that bypasses thugpro's update system to play on the custom levels.

Not entirely true. We've just been copying the level files after we boot up thugpro. Then just loading the level up. It won't stick the next time you boot thugpro but it's easy enough to just recopy the files.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2017, 04:03:40 pm by sk8ace »

Offline Skater1014

• Upload Approved
    • View Profile
    • Discord

Offline thedodeman

• Administrator
  • Howdy.
    • View Profile
We'll be working on a write up for a tutorial on how to add custom levels to THUGPro soon. In addition, plans are in motion to write up tutorials on adding Custom Create-A-Parks and custom Create-A-Skaters too. Will try and get these completed and linked very soon.

Offline splinks

• Upload Approved
    • View Profile
Do what I do for the time being. Add a README.txt in the zip with the following info

This mod only works if you have the mod ThugPro.
http://thmods.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=537

Description:
Whiterun from Skyrim replaces Burnside from THPS2.
Nothing is grindable or spine transferable. This map was made for testing purpose only.

Install Steps:
1) Simply start the game
2) After the game is at the main menu, drag the content of "THUG2_WhiteRun" to....
    (C:\Users\USERNAME HERE\AppData\Local\THUG Pro\data\pre).
3) Start up a freeskate and enjoy

PS. To play online, all players must have this mod to join.

Offline Morten

• Upload Approved
    • View Profile

Please replace an original THUG2 level instead.
Bypassing the update system using random patched files is not a good idea. And we don't wont you to encourage people to do that.

Its still going to be a while before THUGPro will have full support for custom levels,
but we will try to figure out something in the meantime, so you don't have to replace existing levels.

Offline Soaring Wings

• Upload Approved
    • View Profile
    • Youtube

Please replace an original THUG2 level instead.
Bypassing the update system using random patched files is not a good idea. And we don't wont you to encourage people to do that.

Its still going to be a while before THUGPro will have full support for custom levels,
but we will try to figure out something in the meantime, so you don't have to replace existing levels.

Okay, most everybody who has made a custom level has ported over Burnside. Until custom level compatibility exists and for the sake of simplicity and uniformity, I think it would be wise to port all custom levels onto Burnside. If some one wants to join a server with a custom level, they just need to replace Burnside with that level, then log on.

Is this a good idea?
- DEUS VULT!

Offline sk8ace

• Administrator
    • View Profile
I disagree because of the wallride hack on Burnside. Sometimes, not every wall should be wall rideable. I've been using Practice because I hate that level lol.

Offline Soaring Wings

• Upload Approved
    • View Profile
    • Youtube
So what kind of level do you guys plan on making/importing
- DEUS VULT!

Offline Skater1014

• Upload Approved
    • View Profile
    • Discord
The add to community uploads button isn't doing anything for me because there's a filename conflict since it uploaded the file but didn't post it.

Fixed by going into Firefox's Safe Mode. It's probably one of my addons causing it.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2017, 09:43:12 pm by Skater1014 »

Offline sk8ace

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Whew, wipes brow*   I did have a link wrong, didn't notice it until I was looking at it for you. Download links are functional.

Offline thedodeman

• Administrator
  • Howdy.
    • View Profile
What an absolute blast to play these! Good job to everyone who have created these levels, lots of fun. It is gonna be very interesting to see what everyone comes up with- I'll be watching this all unfold with great interest!