Added Custom Level Uploader

sk8ace · 51 · 65386

Offline ShutMeUp!

• I can't wait for you to ShutMeUp!
    • View Profile
    • ShutMeUp's DevonttaieArt.
I don't think it's possible to port the Whole San Andreas level to THUGPro,it's a very big map.I think you can upload the SA Liberty City though.
Well, San Andreas is big, yes, but the city is split in pieces. (Also into small zones but that's on a .dat fle iif im not mistaken)
I realized after toying around with the game for a while with the gta3.img file and the MEd (aka Map Editor, not a very original name, i know, lol) tool, everything is separated.

So in response to skatefilter5: Everything is separated, it can't be a piece of cake unless you manage to import to blender/SketchUp the whole area code which i think it was located in the /data/ folder, if you get what im talking about, that is.
Instead of asking someone else to do that, you should try doing it yourself cuz so far the only one who seems up to the task is me, but y'know my current status, no PC. 😕
"Winners never cheat.
And cheaters never win."
-HooL (Quite a while ago)

Offline AxlRocks

• View Profile
Port the little BMX/skatepark from San Andreas. There's also the Kickstart sidemission interior, which might be interesting for skating.

Kickstart - WikiGTA

Bonus points if you implement gunshots, sirens, the usual sounds of San Andreas in the level ambience. Oh, and maybe park a San Andreas BMX and the beta skateboard model somewhere.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2017, 05:02:57 pm by AxlRocks »

Offline Soaring Wings

• Upload Approved
    • View Profile
    • Youtube
I don't think it's possible to port the Whole San Andreas level to THUGPro,it's a very big map.I think you can upload the SA Liberty City though.

Hambug!
Just look at the area with collisions outside of the main play area on DownHill.

Absolutely Massive.

Plus all of the GTA 3D cities lack details and have relatively low resolution textures compared to the THUG/2/THAW Maps.

We also know that we can load two very detailed levels at once with little issues.

Not to mention, not every little detail, location, or interior needs to be included in a port, which saves some ram.

Aside from minor restrictions. I don't see how all of or most of Vice City, Liberty City, or the three cities in San Andreas and there Rural regions can't be imported into a single massive level.

If it's too big, we/I/map maker can always resize various parts of the map. And with the case of Vice City/Liberty City we can crop the distance between the islands to make the map more compact.
- DEUS VULT!

Offline Skater1014

• Upload Approved
    • View Profile
    • Discord
My Funky Stadium port's now available in the community uploads.

Offline sk8ace

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Nice! and it's fun!   You should deff make some posts in the Create-A section and show them all off.

Offline ShutMeUp!

• I can't wait for you to ShutMeUp!
    • View Profile
    • ShutMeUp's DevonttaieArt.
Port the little BMX/skatepark from San Andreas. There's also the Kickstart sidemission interior, which might be interesting for skating.
So i just re-read sf5's post.. He just said to port SA. ō_ō
But yea, about the quote: I say the very same skatepark and the area around it could work, maybe porting the hi-poly models until the one park with the bridge and the cop star, probably the beach and the sewers behind CJ's house but that would depend on the author's choice, lol.
The OOB zone could be filled with the low-poly models (idea thanks to Soaring Wings' post!), also adding a few long vehicles to block a path and indirectly tell the player " 'You're not supposed to be here!' -Levelord". That way, we can avoid accidentally going through the OOB and losing a big combo, maybe even adding a line unintentionally! :P

Also, i think a few ramps should be added so that the skatepark isn't the only zone with ramps.
Y'know, for the sake of equality on these non-skatepark areas, take the beach with the wooden platform for example, so much space for things.. :l
"Winners never cheat.
And cheaters never win."
-HooL (Quite a while ago)

Offline Sattan

• Upload Approved
    • View Profile
a little late to this party. this is a hell of a development for this game, ive been toying with the new levels all morning.

Offline AxlRocks

• View Profile
So i just re-read sf5's post.. He just said to port SA. ō_ō
But yea, about the quote: I say the very same skatepark and the area around it could work, maybe porting the hi-poly models until the one park with the bridge and the cop star, probably the beach and the sewers behind CJ's house but that would depend on the author's choice, lol.
The OOB zone could be filled with the low-poly models (idea thanks to Soaring Wings' post!), also adding a few long vehicles to block a path and indirectly tell the player " 'You're not supposed to be here!' -Levelord". That way, we can avoid accidentally going through the OOB and losing a big combo, maybe even adding a line unintentionally! :P

Also, i think a few ramps should be added so that the skatepark isn't the only zone with ramps.
Y'know, for the sake of equality on these non-skatepark areas, take the beach with the wooden platform for example, so much space for things.. :l

I literally thought that was ALL he said to port (or VC/LC) which just isn't feasible in my opinion, so I brought up the skatepark because of SF5's post yet somehow didn't even realize he mentioned it already in the same post. I think I skimmed over because I read SK8.William's post first and looked backwards just to see who it was a reply to, or something. Whatever though, anyway.

My Funky Stadium port's now available in the community uploads.

Cool, that was quick! You mind if I try retexturing it?

Offline Chatter

• Upload Approved
  • 19/m/Netherlands
    • View Profile
I tested all 6 levels made as of yet. The SMS one was clearly not finished yet, so I will try that one if a next version comes out.
I was impressed by the SM64 levels, especially all the proper grind nodes, or the BOB warp, very good job on those!

I think the levels look or can look very good. In the future I'm also looking forward to seeing moving objects/entities and such, like moving platforms. Hopefully there can be a way this can be done.
Sup, I'm Chatter. (HN.Chatter) my Skype is thedudecalledjoris.

My clan is HN. Henchness!

I'm always LF people to play with, also wanna join a clan some day and do wars/competitions and stuff.

Offline Soaring Wings

• Upload Approved
    • View Profile
    • Youtube

I literally thought that was ALL he said to port (or VC/LC) which just isn't feasible in my opinion, so I brought up the skatepark because of SF5's post yet somehow didn't even realize he mentioned it already in the same post. I think I skimmed over because I read SK8.William's post first and looked backwards just to see who it was a reply to, or something. Whatever though, anyway.

No. I meant whom ever ports the map, can easily manipulate the environment to fit with in what THUG PRO can handle. Rescaling parts of the map, cropping rivers and bridges, omitting interiors. You can create a very large map or one that feels big.
- DEUS VULT!

Offline AxlRocks

• View Profile

No. I meant whom ever ports the map, can easily manipulate the environment to fit with in what THUG PRO can handle. Rescaling parts of the map, cropping rivers and bridges, omitting interiors. You can create a very large map or one that feels big.

Naw I was talking about what Skatefilter said, or at least I think he meant literally the whole map. But yeah, I think it'd be fairly possible to make a "best of" condensed version of each city in San Andreas. Or VC/LC. That would be pretty cool if someone has the time and skill to do it.

Offline Sattan

• Upload Approved
    • View Profile
ive been digging a little thru VCs files but cant quite figure out how thier maps work. open to ideas if anyone has any.

Offline Soaring Wings

• Upload Approved
    • View Profile
    • Youtube
ive been digging a little thru VCs files but cant quite figure out how thier maps work. open to ideas if anyone has any.

Vice City and all of the other GTA 3D maps use a "chunk" system kind of similar to that of minecraft, where specific desginated parts of the map are loaded. The game uses this loading and unloading of low polygon and low resolution models to give a smooth transition of exploring a single massive level. All of the level files should be there own independent file that corresponds with the specific area that they occupy.

I believe you can use GTASAULTIMATEEDITOR to open and load any level model from all of the 3D era games. If not you can try to use 3DRipperDX to extract the models and textures. But that gives you a very botched,ugly, and incomplete, model. You can however do it over and over again to eventually get the entire level.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2017, 01:00:22 am by Soaring Wings »
- DEUS VULT!

Offline LudiCruz

• Upload Approved
  • Still waiting for Darren Thorne's Pro Ping Pong.
    • View Profile
So is the whole level porting process similar to THPS3? I might try porting a map from Counter-Strike.