THPS8 for PSP contains a lot of elements from THAW

Guest · 7 · 12011

moemudzi

I did some analysis while playing THPS8 on PSP, and I came to realize that there are a lot of content within this port that were originally made for THAW.

This kinda means that at some point, THAW was going to be ported for PSP but was scrapped for the sake of releasing THPS8 instead. It's like THPS8 is disguised as THAW for PSP.

Here's what I came up with:

- Several THAW animations still exist and are used in game (off board revert/ board hand switch, wall grab w/ feet against wall, taunts can be seen done by the NPCs around the player, etc)

- Several sound files also exist and are also used, but they're kinda pixelated to fit into the PSP.

- A lot of characters and several skate levels were ported and are used in game which can be seen here: https://imgur.com/a/vM8af

That's all I could find. Enjoy and thanks for reading!!!

Offline EvilAsh123

• Upload Approved
  • i like modding games files.
    • View Profile
yea. thp8 psp had basically thaw classic mode in it, but with a couple levels added. and neversoft always left stuff from the previous game in the next games files. thpg (lastgen) and downhill jam also have a shit ton of leftover thaw stuff in them
Thug Pro Username -  GoFundUrself
Discord Name -  AriannaThePrincess13

TheRealDMan

Yeah, I like how that version has boned ollies, which I never saw after THAW sadly. That and I wish they had refined Bertslides for later games (THPG sucked all the fun out of them). To me THAW was the closest thing to transcending skateboarding as it roughly implemented BMX and Parkour, was sad to see them abandoned immediately. Would love to see the parkour stuff in THUG Pro, I could really go to town making a level or CAP centered around that!

Offline PAG

• Long Live THPS
    • View Profile
Is THP8 for PSP easy to play with PSPP with an XBOX 360 controller? could i get a link?
Murder in the front row! Crowd begins to bang and there's blood upon the stage! BONDED BY BLOOD!!!

moemudzi

It is. However, I prefer playing with a keyboard. Since it's not possible to post a link to get the game, I do suggest googling it. EMUParadise has it available.

Offline PAG

• Long Live THPS
    • View Profile
thanks. you prefer THUGPro with keyboard too??
Murder in the front row! Crowd begins to bang and there's blood upon the stage! BONDED BY BLOOD!!!

moemudzi

Yeah. I find it easier to map out the keys on the the keyboard rather than on a controller.