Tommy Vercetti/Vice City texmod reskin

Sattan · 5 · 14870

Offline Sattan

• Upload Approved
    • View Profile

figured it wouldnt be that hard to transfer the shirt texture over and have it not suck. i tried the same thing on the face, but it didnt work as well, i need to figure out which model will take the texture best.

Offline SK8.William

• Upload Approved
  • pfp art by ShutMeUp!
    • View Profile
    • Youtube Channel
Did you try Face Mapping in THUG2?
THUGPro Custom Story Mode is out!
PLAY IT NOW!

Offline Sattan

• Upload Approved
    • View Profile
i considered it, but i decided against it, mostly because i remember that feature being kinda finnicky to get perfect, most of the ones ive seen that use it, you can see a distinct ring around the face where the skintones dont quite match up, and i dont want that. to me its easier to just edit the texture file itself so i can get the seams cleaned up and skintones matched properly. plus, i was already digging into the texture files for the shirt, might as well do the face while im there, you know?

Offline SK8.William

• Upload Approved
  • pfp art by ShutMeUp!
    • View Profile
    • Youtube Channel
I see...Well it looked kinda good,nice job  ;D
THUGPro Custom Story Mode is out!
PLAY IT NOW!

Offline Sattan

• Upload Approved
    • View Profile
thanks lol, im willing to accept my retexture isnt perfect but it still makes me happy. the shirt alone satisfies me enough, and the face looks pretty good to me even though it doesnt quite match Vice City Tommy. to me it kind of looks like what wouldve happened if Neversoft got the rights to use the character, but had to redesign him to fit into THUG2.

makes me wonder what else could effectively be put in the game via retexturing. with tommys shirt(or the character in general) i suppose you could go thru the effort of trying to import the model directly from Vice City, but whats the point when all you really need are a shirt and face retexture? the jeans, shoes, and watch are already there as it is.