- > General THPS(X)

THUGPRO Crashed My Graphics Driver?

(1/5) > >>

Skater1014:
So, I was normally playing Thugpro in Fullscreen w/ the Steam Overlay like I have always played it and after playing it for a while today it somehow crashed my graphics driver? I was playing in Cruise Ship in Freeskate and when I went off of a ramp the game didn't crash but locked up and started buzzing EXTREMELY LOUD. After the loud buzzing stopped, the game minimized and it said that my graphics driver stopped responding and has successfully recovered. When I tried to restore the game window, it opened but everything was white and every sound except for the music was looping so I terminated the process and opened Radeon Settings. When I opened Radeon Settings, my computer gave me a BSOD saying "THREAD_STUCK_IN_DEVICE_DRIVER" and restarted. I tested Thugpro for a few mins. after restarting and everything SEEMS fine (I don't know if it will happen again...). I also reinstalled the display driver just to be on the safe side.
Hopefully this was just a one-time thing...
I just wanted to post this here because this is probably the most weird thing that has happened to me while playing Thugpro.

Oh, and by the way, I have an AMD graphics card on Windows 10.

KoKoDaHoE:

--- Quote from: Skater1014 on March 22, 2016, 08:20:47 pm ---So, I was normally playing Thugpro in Fullscreen w/ the Steam Overlay like I have always played it and after playing it for a while today it somehow crashed my graphics driver? I was playing in Cruise Ship in Freeskate and when I went off of a ramp the game didn't crash but locked up and started buzzing EXTREMELY LOUD. After the loud buzzing stopped, the game minimized and it said that my graphics driver stopped responding and has successfully recovered. When I tried to restore the game window, it opened but everything was white and every sound except for the music was looping so I terminated the process and opened Radeon Settings. When I opened Radeon Settings, my computer gave me a BSOD saying "THREAD_STUCK_IN_DEVICE_DRIVER" and restarted. I tested Thugpro for a few mins. after restarting and everything SEEMS fine (I don't know if it will happen again...). I also reinstalled the display driver just to be on the safe side.
Hopefully this was just a one-time thing...
I just wanted to post this here because this is probably the most weird thing that has happened to me while playing Thugpro.

Oh, and by the way, I have an AMD graphics card on Windows 10.

--- End quote ---

my friend's computer just had the same issue was in a skype call and his computer crashed...

sk8ace:
It's most likely a combination of things that freeze display drivers. I don't have AMD but the same thing happens on my gtx970 if I run too many things at the same time. A simple computer restart will fix it every time.

TomoAlien:
If it's not regular or can't be reproduced consistently, then it's most likely a random crash.

What could cause a random crash? Anything, really, including cosmic rays. Sounds ridiculous, but it's true.

All in all, most likely nothing to worry about.

Skater1014:
Yeah, it was most likely just a random graphics driver crash. It still hasn't happened again.
Still pretty weird though. I didn't really have too much stuff running in the background.
Also, the laptop I'm using is only about 4 months old.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version