Redoing a custom soundtrack troubles

Offline risingsuperstar

• View Profile
I recently made a custom soundtrack and it all worked well except for 4 songs that just didn't work. Not only did I replace the songs, I added more going from 20 to 34 songs. But even editing the .sound.json file, copying the file/folder into their respective directories again didn't work, and straight up renaming the file and folder didn't work. I deleted the manifest_soundtrack.dat file since it has the old soundtrack data that doesn't work and crashes the game when selected, but now I can't get this new one to work. Here are my files, hopefully someone out there can help.

Offline sk8ace

• Administrator
    • View Profile
do the songs play outside of the game? maybe a conversion went wrong for those specific songs

Offline risingsuperstar

• View Profile
I made sure every single song being converted was using the preset for the conversion rate (44100). Every single one of the tracks work in the Bink audio player. The problem is that the manifest_soundtracks.dat file and even changing the .sound.dat file name to the new soundtrack name doesn't work, they only show the previous Custom Soundtrack name and choosing it crashes the game. I either need to somehow generate new .dat files with the proper soundtrack in it or I need more help to fiddle with it properly until it's all good.