Custom Level Tools -- Blender Error -- Mac Help Troubleshooting

Squilliam · 18 · 23160

Offline thedodeman

• Administrator
  • Howdy.
    • View Profile
And just for the record of anyone looking at this in the future...%.gone. makes it sound like I was harping on THPS3, which I totally wasn't. I was asking why specifically level mod was so popular when there is THUGPRO. AHA, I thought to myself, if there is such a huge buzz around LEVEL MOD from the DEVS then it must be better than THUGPRO. right? These dudes made something I like (THUGPRO) so I respect their opinions about vgs.
I was there that day in the Discord channel. You asked a simple question. It was answered clearly and concisely by not only one, but several people. As has already been said, you didn't like the answers you were given, even though they were offered. You then started getting agitated to the point of name calling and throwing out brash insults to pretty much everyone in the entire channel. For NO good reason AT ALL. This is all backed up and confirmed by the chat logs which we have the full record of. There was ZERO reason for you to fly off the handle like that, and then, to come into an established channel and start name calling was simply ridiculous and completely out of line.

I do not say that lightly, all together and overall this is it.  in my eyes, this is the package to appeal to everyone who played the old games and it runs light weight enough on a ton of systems. AND THE ONLINE!  GENIUS!  And props to the ones who donate and etc to run OPENSPY server.
Guess what: the very people who run the OpenSpy server are the same people that maintain and run this site!

Anyways, if I was you guys and I'm trying to sell my product and grow my brand, I'm not gonna treat the user/customer/fanbase like they are fucking wasting my time.
NOBODY treated you like you were wasting their time. Even after you started getting angry and aggressive people continued to talk to you. It wasn't until you started name calling and being completely unreasonable that people started firing back. Even in this very thread on the forums, sk8ace was patient with you and tried his best to answer your questions.  And, once again, you didn't like the answers given and started to become agitated, until, once again, you start with the name calling and insults.

SO ok if in your eyes you are right, which you aren't, but lets assume you were,  you still suck at the people skills of it.
What? How can you even say that or have anything to base it off? I'm one of the mods in the Discord channel, and I'm one of the designers/admins of this site. I work with people ALL DAY, EVERY DAY IRL and have no issues. Even when people get aggressive and start name calling for ZERO good reason, I am still patient. But when they become brash and unreasonable then I'm not just going to be a doormat and let them abuse me. This is exactly what you did and it's obvious via the Discord logs, as well as in this forum thread.

Probably because nobody is here because everyone who runs this site, game, and servers is a complete cock hole who thinks they are literally upperclassmen who can treat you like trash.
Congratulations on a gross over-generalization! It seems to me that your issue is with %.gone. and he has already responded. Why would you name call every single person who VOLUNTEERS their time and talents to make this all work? Do you think we're making money off this stuff? It's offered as a courtesy for the enjoyment of the community. Countless hours of time are given, for this MOD, for the ability to play online, for the ability for people to use this site, etc, etc, so that we all can continue to enjoy this series, and it's offered completely free of charge.  You compliment sk8ace in the thread above, did you know he is the one who coded a large portion of this site? You compliment the people who run Openspy in this post...did you know Krad is the one of the primary driving forces behind that effort? You are in complete contradiction of yourself! Why start throwing out all of these insults to people you know nothing about?

I've been working with fan sites of gaming series for MANY MANY years now and have seen and observed others just like you. It's almost as though you LIKE to see if you can get a rise out of people, almost like it's entertaining. <sarcasm>Hope this approach takes you far.</sarcasm> Good luck with that.

Offline SK8.William

• Upload Approved
  • pfp art by ShutMeUp!
    • View Profile
    • Youtube Channel
What is the big reason for him to be pissed off like that? He was talking about blender not opening certain files and then started talking about thps3...  ???
THUGPro Custom Story Mode is out!
PLAY IT NOW!

Offline %.gone.

• View Profile
What is the big reason for him to be pissed off like that? He was talking about blender not opening certain files and then started talking about thps3...  ???

He was like that in the discord and I may have pushed him to do it again.
sk8ace suggested he use the discord for better help.
Quote from: sk8ace
You should come on the Discord server. The guy that created the plugin is there and can offer more help. I really don't know what else you can try so best to ask him directly.
Then this
Quote from: Squilliam
eh... I've had some pretty bad times in that discord.
Mods are dicks
Which I then provoked because I was fairly certain it was the same guy from the discord.
Quote from: Me
If you were the twat asking about THPS3 engine and why anyone would ever play such a game then you were treated accordingly.
Otherwise, users/moderators/admins of the discord will answer you in a clear and concise manner.
Then we got the rest of it. So for sending this thread way off topic I apologize.