Is it possible to edit THUGPRO .xbx textures?

Offline Boomtime

• Upload Approved
  • nerd man
    • View Profile
    • Twitch
Is it possible to edit .xbx textures? Like to get custom graphics and stuff like that.
You ever hear about video games?

Offline Skater1014

• Upload Approved
    • View Profile
    • Discord
That's what I did. I don't use texmod.
There's tools to edit the textures.

Offline LightningSam

• Viva La Sam
    • View Profile
    • Art/Interest Blog
http://thmods.com/mod_tools/

Download and extract the "sources" ZIP file, then extract defeat0r's archive. It has a large number of hacking tools, including those to convert the IMG and TEX files to a common format, and then back again.

Offline Boomtime

• Upload Approved
  • nerd man
    • View Profile
    • Twitch
OH MY GOD SAM THANK YOU   ;D
EDIT: which one converts an IMG file back to an .xbx file, or can i just put the img tag back into the thugpro folder?
« Last Edit: May 02, 2016, 05:08:04 pm by Boomtime »
You ever hear about video games?

Offline LightningSam

• Viva La Sam
    • View Profile
    • Art/Interest Blog
TGA2IMG is the one that converts your image back into an img.xbx file. "xbx" is merely just the system extension; it has nothing to do with anything except the formatting for that particular system. (in this case, Xbox and PC)

Offline Zure

• LExP Developer
    • View Profile
Another note on the TGA2IMG converter. If you're editing a sprite image or texture, it needs to be 8-bit colors. The easy way to do this is to save the image as an 8-bit PNG then resave it as a 32-bit TGA file since the converter errors out at 8-bit TGA files.

There's also a DDS2TEX converter. You can drag all of the DDS files extracted from the TEX file into it, then it prompts you for the original TEX file. Then it will replace all of the textures in the TEX files with your edited ones and produces it as a new file.
I'm the creator of Level Expansion Pack and THUG2 Classic HQ Texture mods. Both are found on ThMods.