Why haven't the Thug Pro devs used Thps3s Level mod files

Offline EvilAsh123

• Upload Approved
  • i like modding games files.
    • View Profile
The level mod files are exact ports of those thps levels that are left to be put into thug pro. The devs could have saved a whole lot of time by using level mods files
Thug Pro Username -  GoFundUrself
Discord Name -  AriannaThePrincess13

Offline TomoAlien

• Upload Approved
  • Rebel Enforcer
    • View Profile
THPS3's level format differs from the THUG2's.

Also, Levelmod's ports are imperfect, and THUG PRO developers quite clearly want perfect ports, based on the work done on the THPS3 levels. In my opinion, THUG PRO team did a better job porting those levels to THUG2 engine than Neversoft did.

Offline EvilAsh123

• Upload Approved
    • View Profile
The level formats are different, but the devs were able to port the regular thps3 levels, meaning they could very well easily port the files from level mod, and fix any errors in the process

Offline BlazE

• Upload Approved
    • View Profile
meaning they could very well easily port the files from level mod, and fix any errors in the process

If any of this could be done "easily", we'd have all the maps by now. Obviously everyone wants new maps, and the devs acknowledge it, but it takes time. I suggest you try porting some maps and see how well they work.
Find mods and tutorials by me at www.tnthps.us

Offline ShutMeUp!

• I can't wait for you to ShutMeUp!
    • View Profile
    • ShutMeUp's DevonttaieArt.
Hey, not trying to start an argument or anything but i was thinking, THPS2x levels are only on xbox.

Quote from: Morten1337 on ThMods
Proving Ground was not released on the original xbox. So we would have to convert the ps2 level files, which are very different.

Our tools mainly support the xbox level format. And i have no plans on supporting ps2 anytime soon.
The wii version has a format that is more similar to the xbox tho.

But the priority of THPG and THDJ levels isnt very high. And i dont know if we will ever see those levels in THUG Pro.

Some research has been made on the x360 versions of the THP8 and THPG, but i dont think it will work that well in THUG Pro.
I might release some tools or info on that eventually.
Source

Oh, well, just wanted to point it out after months of thinking about it.
But hey, i understand it's not easy porting a map so nobody sudden rage on me, please, aight?
"Winners never cheat.
And cheaters never win."
-HooL (Quite a while ago)

Offline BlazE

• Upload Approved
    • View Profile
Hey, not trying to start an argument or anything but i was thinking, THPS2x levels are only on xbox.

Quote from: Morten1337 on ThMods
Proving Ground was not released on the original xbox. So we would have to convert the ps2 level files, which are very different.

Our tools mainly support the xbox level format. And i have no plans on supporting ps2 anytime soon.
The wii version has a format that is more similar to the xbox tho.

But the priority of THPG and THDJ levels isnt very high. And i dont know if we will ever see those levels in THUG Pro.

Some research has been made on the x360 versions of the THP8 and THPG, but i dont think it will work that well in THUG Pro.
I might release some tools or info on that eventually.
Source

Oh, well, just wanted to point it out after months of thinking about it.
But hey, i understand it's not easy porting a map so nobody sudden rage on me, please, aight?

If I had the tools I'd happily take a crack at it, not that I expect to get anything done. I'd just like to see more THAW maps, I could give a shit less about the rest.

Offline quazz

• Upload Approved
    • View Profile
THPS3's level format differs from the THUG2's.

Also, Levelmod's ports are imperfect, and THUG PRO developers quite clearly want perfect ports, based on the work done on the THPS3 levels. In my opinion, THUG PRO team did a better job porting those levels to THUG2 engine than Neversoft did.

Thanks for the intelligent follow up. 

Offline EvilAsh123

• Upload Approved
    • View Profile
The devs want perfect ports, but some areas are missing textures (such as London by the parking garage) in levelmod, those textures aren't missing in those areas)

Offline quazz

• Upload Approved
    • View Profile
meaning they could very well easily port the files from level mod, and fix any errors in the process

If any of this could be done "easily", we'd have all the maps by now. Obviously everyone wants new maps, and the devs acknowledge it, but it takes time. I suggest you try porting some maps and see how well they work.

This is also an intelligent post.

Offline EvilAsh123

• Upload Approved
    • View Profile

If I was given the tools, and was taught how to use them, I could probably port maps very easily

Offline quazz

• Upload Approved
    • View Profile

If I was given the tools, and was taught how to use them, I could probably port maps very easily

Lol

Offline BlazE

• Upload Approved
    • View Profile

::)

Offline SK8.William

• Upload Approved
  • pfp art by ShutMeUp!
    • View Profile
    • Youtube Channel

Offline TomoAlien

• Upload Approved
  • Rebel Enforcer
    • View Profile

Go ahead and port any level to THPS3, then. There are tools available, Skater1014 has a tutorial on how to do it on YouTube.

Offline EvilAsh123

• Upload Approved
    • View Profile
I know he has a tutorial. I've supplied him with several models to convert to thps3.  I meant if I was given the tools the devs used to port the thps3 levels to thug pro, then I could easily port any of those thps3 ports that he has done to thug pro, or if I wanted, the remaining thps1, 2, and 2x levels to thug pro