Removed ability/effect from THUG2?

Offline Konata Inoue

• View Profile
I was just reviewing the THUG2 E3 trailer to see if I had missed anything and I must say there was alot I hadn't realized changed. But one thing strikes me in particular.

There is an effect that appears on the end of the characters board at 0:45 when they perform a grab trick that has never made it into the game. Is anything about this known on whether it would be only cosmetic or if it would have a purpose?

If you're going to fill your water bottle with vodka,

always make sure you have a friend with a bottle that actually has water in it.

- Thundercat (2017)

Offline sk8ace

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Looks like some sort of rocket booster type effect. It can deff be recreated (if it's not already in there and just not used). I doubt it's anything more than just visual. I've done similar things like attach fire to the skater's head.

Offline quazz

• Upload Approved
    • View Profile
Its an acid drop particle effect that ended up being changed to what you see in the final game.  My guess is that they were going for a flame looking effect before it was changed to the "cloud and dust" look.

Offline Skater1014

• Upload Approved
    • View Profile
    • Discord
It's interesting to see the early versions of the levels and the natas spins with no animations yet lol.
Also you can see that CAP was still using the THUG1 themes and CAS was still using the THUG1 menu.

Offline Konata Inoue

• View Profile
It's interesting to see the early versions of the levels and the natas spins with no animations yet lol.
Also you can see that CAP was still using the THUG1 themes and CAS was still using the THUG1 menu.

I added a ton of stuff to the THUG2 section on the beta part of the wiki.

http://tonyhawkgames.wikia.com/wiki/Beta_Version
If you're going to fill your water bottle with vodka,

always make sure you have a friend with a bottle that actually has water in it.

- Thundercat (2017)