THUGPro update suggestions/discussion

Chatter · 67 · 61729

Offline Chatter

• Upload Approved
  • 19/m/Netherlands
    • View Profile
Hello community!

Here's a topic for suggesting and discussing everything you can think of about what should or could be in future THUGPro updates.
Not all ideas have to be realistic, just suggest whatever you like. Maybe in some months/years it can become reality (but obviously don't count on it)

I heard people speculate next update being spring 2017, containing a lot of re-written code to fix crashes and stability issues, as well as a new THAW level.

My hopes for new updates, are mostly things I've already suggested, but I can summarize:
-New levels (obviously), and, I would love to be able to play the THPS2x levels, never played those. (might get an xbox emu+rom someday)
-Obviously stability issues being fixed, I'm glad the devs/mods are working on it.

-New/enhanced gamemodes, for example:
-Scav with seperate timers+choose how many objects (RN it's always 5 per person)
-Gap attack
-Firefight with powerups, kinda like Mario Kart battle mode
-Some other types people have suggested, like god graff, hide&seek, control zone, tag, etc.

-Achievements! Recently made a topic about them and I'm loving everyone's ideas.
-Ranked play (it's suggested, if you go online it shows ranked:no)
-More CaP/CaS/textures/graphics things. Possibly even fan-submitted content.
-Create a graphic (I believe this was in UG2/AW, so why not THUGPro?)

Obviously some of my ideas could be hard and time-consuming to program, and I'm not specifically hoping for anything (other than crash fixes), these are just my suggestions and I would like to know what others think.

PS: Since updates are so much spoken of, there might be another topic about this, couldn't find it. Sorry if this is essentially a doubled topic now.

-Chatter

Sup, I'm Chatter. (HN.Chatter) my Skype is thedudecalledjoris.

My clan is HN. Henchness!

I'm always LF people to play with, also wanna join a clan some day and do wars/competitions and stuff.

Offline ShutMeUp!

• I can't wait for you to ShutMeUp!
    • View Profile
    • ShutMeUp's DevonttaieArt.
I would love to be able to play the THPS2x levels, never played those. (might get an xbox emu+rom someday)
Get THPS3 for PC and download Levelmod. It has all maps before THPS3, a few from THPS4 & THUG2 if im not mistaken.
"Winners never cheat.
And cheaters never win."
-HooL (Quite a while ago)

Offline Skater1014

• Upload Approved
    • View Profile
    • Discord
I would love to be able to play the THPS2x levels, never played those. (might get an xbox emu+rom someday)
Get THPS3 for PC and download Levelmod. It has all maps before THPS3, a few from THPS4 & THUG2 if im not mistaken.
Levelmod has:

THPS3 & THPS4 Lost Levels
All THPS1 Levels
All THPS2 Levels
All THPS2x Levels
All THPS4 Levels (College is locked away in the files since it causes crashes.)

The thread on Chapter 3 has the THPS4 update.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2016, 03:16:10 pm by Skater1014 »

Offline BlazE

• Upload Approved
    • View Profile
There are quite a few CAS items that are in the game but blocked, such as ped items from thug2. It would be cool to see some of them get added/unblocked.

Ranked play would definitely be cool, maybe even leaderboards (may require moderation due to people exploiting them)

Find mods and tutorials by me at www.tnthps.us

Offline %.gone.

• View Profile
I heard people speculate next update being spring 2017

Hah, someone was jerking your chain.

Offline BlazE

• Upload Approved
    • View Profile
I heard people speculate next update being spring 2017

Hah, someone was jerking your chain.

That's been the rumor for quite some time now. A little more intel on that subject would be great though.

Offline %.gone.

• View Profile
The rumor mill will churn out garbage no matter the facts. Surprises are far better.

Offline jjakye

• ingame: jaky iLL, hi!
    • View Profile
I'd like to see more chat commands like:
/start - start a game
/end - end the game (obviously :P )
/kick "name"
/ban "name"
/mute "name"

Maybe something like a /help command that shows you a list of all the commands.

Also if it's possible to do bind keys for /set, /goto and /warp it would be quite convenient.

(edit)
Oh, and I almost forgot about it...
Ghost mode:
When the game ends and somebody is for example whoring you can still skate around but your score will not be counted and (idk if that's possible) you will be invisible to other players.
This could prevent players like skatefilter abusing the debug menu because he is bored after 0.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2016, 06:41:06 am by jjakye »

Offline SK8.William

• Upload Approved
  • pfp art by ShutMeUp!
    • View Profile
    • Youtube Channel
/start - start a game
/end - end the game (obviously :P )
/kick "name"
/ban "name"
/mute "name"

That's pretty cool.You can mute people by the Player List,though,but it would be easier this way.

Oh, and I almost forgot about it...
Ghost mode:
When the game ends and somebody is for example whoring you can still skate around but your score will not be counted and (idk if that's possible) you will be invisible to other players.
This could prevent players like skatefilter abusing the debug menu because he is bored after 0.

Advantageless Skatefilter mode*
THUGPro Custom Story Mode is out!
PLAY IT NOW!

Offline BlazE

• Upload Approved
    • View Profile
Some kind of mod alert system would be nice to see also. Like on THAW ps2 if someone was cheating with gameshark it would alert the host when they started a game. That way people could run mods but be weeded out of the legit lobbies. Modding has always been a large part of THPS, so a way to do so without affecting others would be cool. I support both the legit side and less-than-legit side of the game  :P

Offline Skater1014

• Upload Approved
    • View Profile
    • Discord
Ghost mode:
That's actually a pretty good idea.

Offline jjakye

• View Profile
Advantageless Skatefilter mode*

I wouldn't call it advantageless. It gets quite boring when somebody is whoring (nice rhymes) and you just sit there and watch the player do the same things for a few minutes...

Offline %.gone.

• View Profile
The chat command code was designed to support parameters so this might happen one day.
There used to be start and end game commands you needed to be the host and there were some like "start a game" and "start a fucking game" for client side commands which have been disable in release builds.

Maybe something like a /help command that shows you a list of all the commands.
Quite the oversight, should be added. Couldn't be dumped to the console though, perhaps a dialog that'll pop up to display them.

Ghost mode:
Never going to happen. Wait it out champ.

Some kind of mod alert system
Should have something like this in a future release as well as a way for host to allow or disallow modded players.

Offline jjakye

• View Profile
Couldn't be dumped to the console though, perhaps a dialog that'll pop up to display them.

Yeah, that's what i meant. I think 23 Mod for thaw had such feature.

Never going to happen. Wait it out champ.

Aw, bummer.

Offline %.gone.

• View Profile
Yeah, that's what i meant. I think 23 Mod for thaw had such feature.
I've done this in a mod before too. The thugpro command code is different so it wouldn't need to be hard codded.
Could simply add a new element to each command structure for description and parse the array of commands to build it dynamically.