CAP Contest #1: Week 1. Deadline: 10-14-16 **Completed**

sk8ace · 40 · 45631

Offline Chatter

• Upload Approved
  • 19/m/Netherlands
    • View Profile
I submitted my entry. I took about 4/5 hours  today to make the park. I am not too proud of it, but it has been a while since I used CaP in a more serious way.

I hope it gets the attention it deserves,  but it shouldn't win. I ran into memory issues and crashes in the making. A few spots arent exactly how I planned them and some spots are simply empty.

I'd say my park is accurate to the theme, and has some originality, although skatewise, it's a bit lacklustre.

I made the park, without any gaps/goals/screenshots/videos.

I wish everyone best of luck with this contest and a lot of (crashless) fun making their parks.

If anything else is asked of me, I am willing to change my park in helpful ways (crash-preventing, for example)

-Chatter
Sup, I'm Chatter. (HN.Chatter) my Skype is thedudecalledjoris.

My clan is HN. Henchness!

I'm always LF people to play with, also wanna join a clan some day and do wars/competitions and stuff.

Offline puke

• View Profile
You'll do finee, dw about it;) Looking forward to trying the parks honestly, this contest thing is a cool idea

Offline Soaring Wings

• Upload Approved
    • View Profile
    • Youtube
Great I already have started on my park and it looks promising.
- DEUS VULT!

Offline Soaring Wings

• Upload Approved
    • View Profile
    • Youtube
Finished it.

First, lets start things off with an overview of the level. Here you get a pretty good sense of the scale of the level.

Remember the Alamo? I do anyway. The Alamo here features a spine transfer area, a couple of kickers, and rails to grind/wall plant combo with

Here we get to see a close up of the river walk. A kicker is here to launch you from one side of the river walk to the other side, when in there you will be able to skate on a QP in the garage of a skyscraper. Also check out that bridge.

Another picture of the same river walk from the opposite end of it.

That Manhole looks awfully suspicious. It will play a vital role in KOTH matches
- DEUS VULT!

Offline Chatter

• Upload Approved
  • 19/m/Netherlands
    • View Profile
I completely forgot about (KoTH) spawns (cries in Finland).

Hopefully it won't hurt me chances too much. I admit I kinda rushed it.

Wings, from your screenshots, your parks looks promising indeed. Good luck!

I'm always LF people to play with, also wanna join a clan some day and do wars/competitions and stuff.

Offline ShutMeUp!

• I can't wait for you to ShutMeUp!
    • View Profile
    • ShutMeUp's DevonttaieArt.
Looks promising, indeed, but as a personal opinion, i'd recommend the freecam for park previews! ;P
"Winners never cheat.
And cheaters never win."
-HooL (Quite a while ago)

Offline Chatter

• Upload Approved
  • 19/m/Netherlands
    • View Profile
PS is there a tutorial on how to upload/download/use/find parks?  Whats obvious to some of us, someone else might be unable to figure out. Maybe it should be explained in (a link) this post.

Offline %.gone.

• View Profile
PS is there a tutorial on how to upload/download/use/find parks?  Whats obvious to some of us, someone else might be unable to figure out. Maybe it should be explained in (a link) this post.
Download to [drive]\Users\[user name]\AppData\Local\THUG Pro\Save

Offline Chatter

• Upload Approved
  • 19/m/Netherlands
    • View Profile
Thanks Gone, I knew how to do it, but some others might not, hence why it's a good thing to post here.

PS I want to say that FL!P's entry wasn't specifically made for this contest (I think) I played that map (or something very similar) before this contest was officially announced. I don't know how you judges feel about it, but I would've preferred new entries. It's still a good CaP though, and I hope he can get a chance.

Offline sk8ace

• Administrator
    • View Profile
It's fine to use a premade one. We can fix that by making the future themes more specific.

I think the winner should pick the next theme instead of becoming a judge.

Offline %.gone.

• View Profile
I wasn't replying to you in the sense that you were unaware I was reply to your statement that it should be available.
Doesn't get any easier than simply downloading to the save directory. Any other circumstance and they have the directory location they'll need to move the downloaded file to.

Offline Chatter

• Upload Approved
  • 19/m/Netherlands
    • View Profile
I think the winner should pick the next theme instead of becoming a judge.

That's not what I had in mind for the 3-week-plan you said you would use, but you can do whatever you like.

Offline sk8ace

• Administrator
    • View Profile
We need to make sure people are willing to put that much effort in. My guess is that we will end up with single weekly contests for best park and drop the rest. I'll make a pole for people to vote and we will go from there.

Offline Chatter

• Upload Approved
  • 19/m/Netherlands
    • View Profile
no sk8ace, I meant NEW contestants can work on the park that wins week 1, then once all gaps and goals are made, in week 3, anyone can try to the goals as fast as possible. Sorry I'm unclear.

Offline sk8ace

• Administrator
    • View Profile
I understand but I still am not sure people want to do it all.