I cannot get my XBOne controller to work at all!

Offline Trashy Boi

• View Profile
Ok so I've tried using the launcher to set up my controls, I tried updating drivers, and reinstalling THUGPRO, and my controller still will not work whatsoever. I can assign the controls in the launcher with it, but in game I don't see an XBOX Preset for controls and the controller does nothing. Please help!

Offline bananahead

• View Profile
Got same issue here.  Can map the buttons in the launcher and it seems to choose the one i press etc so the controller must be kinda working with the game.  Everything seems totally fine up until the game menu at which point the controller does nothing..  Best i've managed so far is getting skater to switch by pressing RT.   No other buttons, d-pad or sticks do anything.

Controller is fine with other games btw.

Surely we are not the only two people who have this issue?   Please help :(

Offline bananahead

• View Profile
Somehow got it working...... i tried everything...  I downloaded xpadder free version but that didn't load so i loaded in compatiblility mode.... blank window so i ended from task manager.   Also i restarted because of some update.  I also changed the setting for "disable Xlinput DeviceTrigger Split" and then all of a sudden the controller worked....  Tried to check/uncheck the Xlinput thing to try pinpoint the problem but that had no effect...   Oh i also disabled the xbox overlay in settings...  Not sure how but Xbox One controller didn't work but now does. 

Game is amazing.

Offline %.gone.

• View Profile
"Disable xinput device trigger split" is for disabling the trigger splitting functionality of thugpro in the event you're using third party software for this task.
If you're using an xinput device like an xbox controller then you want that option unchecked in the launcher if you want thugpro to split your triggers.
To toggle how button information is displayed in game you toggle the layout option on the gamepad binding tab in the launcher. This is an atheistic feature only and makes no changes to how a controller functions.