adding custom levels

Zeoalexo · 29 · 24568

Offline J215s

• View Profile
I think some levels are just not designed for multiplayer. But i can be mistaken...
They worked okay in the older version with the Burnside trick so I don't think that's a problem. Maybe I need to change something in the .json file? Or it could just be a bug.

moemudzi

So this works perfectly in freeskate, but I get an error if I try to use any custom levels online. Any suggestions?
I think some levels are just not designed for multiplayer. But i can be mistaken...

I think both players need to have the level with the same date such as name, creator name, etc.

Offline Skater1014

• Upload Approved
    • View Profile
    • Discord
If you're trying to use the new .json system with an older custom level and it throws an error online, it's because the original creator of the level needs to re-export the level and make a .json file compatible with it. There's name conflicts with Burnside (or whatever level it used to replace) in the level scripts which is why it doesn't work online.
So yeah the older custom levels can only be played offline unless the creator updates them to work with the new system.

I know personally all of my levels besides one of them are like that and the Blender plugin heavily changed since those levels were last exported so the level .blend files for each level would need to be edited to work with the new plugin in order to be re-exported correctly.

Offline Random Boi

• Upload Approved
    • View Profile
Is there a limit to how many custom levels there are

Offline TheAussassin

• Upload Approved
  • Daaavid Spaaaaade avatuuuur
    • View Profile
    • Me YooChoob
seems every time I try to play the custom level the game immediately crashes

if you spit jam in someones face they will think they are dying, spit more jam in their face they will really think they are about to die, knock them out right after and they will just assume they are dead. You just read a load of pointless babble <3

Offline Zodiac

• View Profile
seems every time I try to play the custom level the game immediately crashes
I had the same issue. Try playing offline and rename .prx files from "burn" to something like "custlvl" or whatever u want. Also, don't edit json file, it should be
Code: [Select]
{
"level_name": "custlvl",
"scene_name": "burn",
"creator_name": "Unknown",
"level_qb": "levels\\burn\\burn.qb",
"level_scripts_qb": "levels\\burn\\burn_scripts.qb",
"level_sfx_qb": "levels\\burn\\burn_sfx.qb",
"level_thugpro_qb": "levels\\burn\\burn_thugpro.qb",
"level_pre": "custlvl_scripts.pre",
"level_scnpre": "custlvlscn.pre",
"level_colpre": "custlvlcol.pre",
"ambient_rgba": [127, 127, 127, 63],
"light0_rgba": [127, 127, 127, 63],
"light1_rgba": [127, 127, 127, 63],
"light0_position": [0.0, 0.0],
"light1_position": [0.0, 0.0],
"FLAG_OFFLINE": false,
"FLAG_INDOOR": true,
"FLAG_NOSUN": true,
"FLAG_DEFAULT_SKY": true,
"FLAG_ENABLE_WALLRIDE_HACK": true,
"FLAG_DISABLE_BACKFACE_HACK": false,
"FLAG_MODELS_IN_SCRIPT_PRX": false,
"FLAG_DISABLE_GOALEDITOR": false,
"FLAG_DISABLE_GOALATTACK": false,
"FLAG_NO_PRX": false,
}

ALSO! If you made a level by yourself, you should name it "burn" in blender at export. You can rename it later.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2018, 02:31:10 am by Zodiac »

Offline TheAussassin

• Upload Approved
    • View Profile
    • Me YooChoob
I had the same issue. Try playing offline and rename .prx files from "burn" to something like "custlvl" or whatever u want.
I appreciate the response however I was using the new level from Skater1014 which seems to be for this new custom level system, I have it appearing in the game menu but selecting it still crashes the game straight away.
Now that I think about it, it could be that it used to use the old replacing Burnside method and something went wrong while porting it.
In case it isn't blatantly obvious, I'm not a level maker of any kind so I'll use that as an excuse if I seem..bit dumb
if you spit jam in someones face they will think they are dying, spit more jam in their face they will really think they are about to die, knock them out right after and they will just assume they are dead. You just read a load of pointless babble <3

Offline NeVeRsOfT

• View Profile
Is there a way to add level portraits/level select images? :o

Offline J215s

• View Profile
If you're trying to use the new .json system with an older custom level and it throws an error online, it's because the original creator of the level needs to re-export the level and make a .json file compatible with it. There's name conflicts with Burnside (or whatever level it used to replace) in the level scripts which is why it doesn't work online.
So yeah the older custom levels can only be played offline unless the creator updates them to work with the new system.

I know personally all of my levels besides one of them are like that and the Blender plugin heavily changed since those levels were last exported so the level .blend files for each level would need to be edited to work with the new plugin in order to be re-exported correctly.
Would that be something that could possibly be fixed in a future update or is re-exporting everything the only option? I guess for now we can still just stick with replacing the Burnside files for online games.

Offline Skater1014

• Upload Approved
    • View Profile
    • Discord
I had the same issue. Try playing offline and rename .prx files from "burn" to something like "custlvl" or whatever u want.
I appreciate the response however I was using the new level from Skater1014 which seems to be for this new custom level system, I have it appearing in the game menu but selecting it still crashes the game straight away.
Now that I think about it, it could be that it used to use the old replacing Burnside method and something went wrong while porting it.
In case it isn't blatantly obvious, I'm not a level maker of any kind so I'll use that as an excuse if I seem..bit dumb
You know which level it was? They all load fine for me with the new system.

Would that be something that could possibly be fixed in a future update or is re-exporting everything the only option? I guess for now we can still just stick with replacing the Burnside files for online games.
For now re-exporting is the only option. Idk if it's even possible for the devs to fix in an update since it's a name conflict but it would be nice.

Offline TheAussassin

• Upload Approved
    • View Profile
    • Me YooChoob
it was city escape
Update: After some very scientific testing (I tried them a couple times) out of all the levels (that mention json) that crash right away are: City Escape, Delfino Plaza and Subway Bell Subway. The rest work an absolute dream
« Last Edit: July 03, 2018, 05:12:18 am by TheAussassin »

Offline Skater1014

• Upload Approved
    • View Profile
    • Discord
it was city escape
Update: After some very scientific testing (I tried them a couple times) out of all the levels (that mention json) that crash right away are: City Escape, Delfino Plaza and Subway Bell Subway. The rest work an absolute dream
Did you put the "models" folder that they come with in Thugpro's "data" folder?
That might be why it's crashing if you didn't, those levels use custom ped models and if the game can't find them it crashes.

Offline TheAussassin

• Upload Approved
    • View Profile
    • Me YooChoob
That might be why it's crashing if you didn't, those levels use custom ped models and if the game can't find them it crashes.
that was exactly it, I didn't put them in at first because I didn't know if I'd end up seeing Yoshi kicking about in Los Angeles and such but after putting them in it worked perfectly. Mucho thanks.

Offline Skater1014

• Upload Approved
    • View Profile
    • Discord
that was exactly it, I didn't put them in at first because I didn't know if I'd end up seeing Yoshi kicking about in Los Angeles and such but after putting them in it worked perfectly. Mucho thanks.
No problem, lol yeah you shouldn't see that since they don't replace anything.