Bye then, go into the shade!
"Winners never cheat.
And cheaters never win."
-HooL (Quite a while ago)

Offline Chatter

• Upload Approved
  • 19/m/Netherlands
    • View Profile
Yeah, I can understand the map thing. I might be alone with this, but I feel like so many maps feel/play similarly.

Most THUG1 maps feel the same for me, for example. They're just some cities. (Don't get me wrong, UG1 is still a phenomenal game)

I usually see:
Manhattan
Australia
Barcelona
Airport (why is this map so popular anyway?)
New Orleans
College (mainly because its the default selection, I think)
East LA.
Los Angeles.

I like some of these maps, but playing them over and over again isn't very interesting to me. But, I would still enjoy a game of Scav in there, for example. (Because you'll play the maps in a way you never played them before)

Maps I like and feel are (a little) underplayed:
-Alcatraz
-Cruise Ship (I usually say this is my favourite map, although I don't have a true fave)
-Foundry
-Oil Rig
-Shipyard
-Hawaii
-Carnaval
-Pro Skater
-Boston
-Berlin (not underplayed though)
-City Center

As for update suggestions, I would like CaP crash fixes and increased memory the most, for now.
Sup, I'm Chatter. (HN.Chatter) my Skype is thedudecalledjoris.

My clan is HN. Henchness!

I'm always LF people to play with, also wanna join a clan some day and do wars/competitions and stuff.

Offline ShutMeUp!

• I can't wait for you to ShutMeUp!
    • View Profile
    • ShutMeUp's DevonttaieArt.
Yeah, I can understand the map thing. I might be alone with this, but I feel like so many maps feel/play similarly.

Most THUG1 maps feel the same for me, for example. They're just some cities. (Don't get me wrong, UG1 is still a phenomenal game)

I usually see:
Manhattan
Australia
Barcelona
Airport (why is this map so popular anyway?)
New Orleans
College (mainly because its the default selection, I think)
East LA.
Los Angeles.

I like some of these maps, but playing them over and over again isn't very interesting to me. But, I would still enjoy a game of Scav in there, for example. (Because you'll play the maps in a way you never played them before)

Maps I like and feel are (a little) underplayed:
-Alcatraz
-Cruise Ship (I usually say this is my favourite map, although I don't have a true fave)
-Foundry
-Oil Rig
-Shipyard
-Hawaii
-Carnaval
-Pro Skater
-Boston
-Berlin (not underplayed though)
-City Center

As for update suggestions, I would like CaP crash fixes and increased memory the most, for now.
Any THPS3 map is underplayed nowadays.. What's even sad is that the THPS3 update is among my favorite THUGPro updates of all time.

Also, Airport is usually the place for CTF, while it is a crazy idea having a flag at the beginning and one at the end, it can become really dull quickly, reason why i mostly avoid these "Airport CTF" rooms.
"Winners never cheat.
And cheaters never win."

Offline puke

• View Profile
On the topic of THPS3, TH3 balance meters/theme would be cool ayy

Offline ShutMeUp!

• View Profile
"Winners never cheat.
And cheaters never win."

Offline Chatter

• Upload Approved
  • 19/m/Netherlands
    • View Profile
About hosting:

In THUGPro, whenever a host quits the game, it ends that entire room, kicking every player to the online lobby.

Instead of this, could we make it so that someone else becomes the host, once the host leaves? That way the room can stay, and nothing ends abruptly. We should also be able to vote to kick hosts, would be useful for inactive hosts.
Sup, I'm Chatter. (HN.Chatter) my Skype is thedudecalledjoris.

My clan is HN. Henchness!

I'm always LF people to play with, also wanna join a clan some day and do wars/competitions and stuff.

Offline sk8ace

• Administrator
    • View Profile
About hosting:

In THUGPro, whenever a host quits the game, it ends that entire room, kicking every player to the online lobby.

Instead of this, could we make it so that someone else becomes the host, once the host leaves? That way the room can stay, and nothing ends abruptly. We should also be able to vote to kick hosts, would be useful for inactive hosts.

No.
This is not how online works.

Offline %.gone.

• View Profile
Haha, vote to kick host. That's a sure fire way to make people stop hosted without passwords. Host your own room.

Offline ENunn

• ENunn, also known as Ethan. Hey.
    • View Profile
    • My Website/Blog
Oh yeah, I remember playing a THUG1 PS2 server (not sure what it was), but it was already up with no people and it was on a first come first serve basis. Basically the first person to join was the host, and the others were, well, not the host. Is this possible with THUGPro or something?
idk

Offline Chad Morgan

• Upload Approved
  • I'm a pessimistic optimist who is Christian.
    • View Profile
Ooh, ooh, I have a suggestion.  Remember when you you guys did the Pro Skater 3 update?  Those levels had the original ambient pedestrian chatter.  Well, the thug/thug 2 classic levels from Pro Skater 3 don't have that, and I think that sucks.  It'd be great if you guys replaced the thug/thug 2 versions with the pro skater 3 versions, or at least added them.  Offline, the levels just aren't the same without the peds and the chatter.
I'm a pessimistic optimist who is a Christian.
Praise God
Walk with me now and you'll fly with me later (DMX)
I'm on an Ultralight Beam (Kanye West)

Offline Chad Morgan

• Upload Approved
    • View Profile

Forget thps3 balance meters, the THAW balance meters had a green and red zone so you knew which direction would safely land a trick.  Half the time with flatland tricks you can't even tell, and some of them even switch the directions.  Flatland sucks because of that.  Those are my biggest priority, and I hope to see them once all of the THAW levels or the bank transfer have been ported.  Though I can see a problem since that means each trick had a balance meter, and so it's not just two balance meters (3 if you count the difference between the manual and nose manual) but 10, unless it was just grouped by trick.
Praise God

Offline ShutMeUp!

• View Profile

Forget thps3 balance meters, the THAW balance meters had a green and red zone so you knew which direction would safely land a trick.  Half the time with flatland tricks you can't even tell, and some of them even switch the directions.  Flatland sucks because of that.  Those are my biggest priority, and I hope to see them once all of the THAW levels or the bank transfer have been ported.  Though I can see a problem since that means each trick had a balance meter, and so it's not just two balance meters (3 if you count the difference between the manual and nose manual) but 10, unless it was just grouped by trick.
Well, the THPS3 balance meters also have a similar option on PC (and i believe PS2/Xbox as well).. e_e
If we got that thing from the THAW hud, we could probably have it for the THPS3 hud too! It will just depend on how things work, tho. THAW's was the whole meter turning red/green, THPS3 was a couple of circles getting smaller/bigger and maybe a color change but im not so sure about it since i briefly played THPS3 PC.
I'd appreciate it if someone reminded me how the THPS3 balance meters worked since last time i played THPS3... Has it been 8 months now? Well, you get the idea.

And about the bank drop, i recall seeing morten bank dropping in Rio on a lobby i was connected to/hosting, problem is, after a hype and people thinking it would be there in the next update, he stated that he would have to remake all maps ported just to enable bank drops properly, remember we got like 50 maps! If just one is a pain, imagine the other 40-something.

Not that he aborted it but it'd be a pain in the ass for the devs, that's for sure.
At that moment, i think the one guy was still active or recently left the place, but it was long ago.
"Winners never cheat.
And cheaters never win."

Offline Chad Morgan

• Upload Approved
    • View Profile
Fair enough, I haven't played thps3 on anything but ps1.  Just look it up on youtube!  *runs to put money where mouth is* Just from watching it, the circles DO grow the closer you get to them, but they don't seem to correlate to whether or not you'll bail, they look the same grinding a ledge and a half-pipe lip.   If I'm wrong and they do, thps3 still has no flatland tricks (despite the ones the neversoft eyeball man does in the games intro), while THAW does, which potentially means less work porting it.  As for the bank dropping, I don't care that much for it, but i read a recent forum post saying it will be coming eventually, but if what you say is true, that sucks.  But the most important thing to me is the ability to have either
Praise God

Offline ShutMeUp!

• View Profile
Oh, did i just worded that wrong? D:

I meant that it most likely WILL come eventually, just not nearby but it will come.

Also, that's why i said a "similar" system. e_e
But wouldn't that affect only THAW themes? Like, there are just 2 of em.

It'd be gnarly if we could make our own themes with THAW's hud thingy, but creating the textures from scratch included the green/red thingy! Guess i'll just replace the non-AW one for that! ;)
"Winners never cheat.
And cheaters never win."