Tony Hawks Pretend Skater 5.

Offline The_Con-Sept

• OH NO IT'S...... []Black Magic[]
    • View Profile
Don't waste your money on this game. Ace... I think it is time we dismantle the thug 2 engine and start creating brand new levels for us to play in.
[]OH NO IT'S![]
[]Black Magic[]

Offline The_Con-Sept

• View Profile
The game plays like a god damn android rip off! Automatic specials? And the special bar is fucked up? Oh and guess what? My save file is now corrupted! FUCKING AWESOME. Fuck this game. King of the Hill mode is a PoS in this game. There is no graffiti mode. The game is GARBAGE. Should be dubbed as Tony Hawk's Preschool Skater 5.

This is not the tony hawk game we all know and love. This is a game developed for people missing their brains entirely! Nothing is even close to a challenge in this game. Just an abundance of annoyances! I fucking hate this game. This is one of those fucking Sunday Starbucks schmoozer games. This game is just sad.

if you are a long time Tony Hawk fan? Please avert your attention to THUG Pro. You will only go completely mad playing THPS5 and it's ridiculousness! It is a sad entry to the TH franchise it really is.

And worst of all I don't think Robomodo will even give two shits to even fix the game to even resemble any th game of the past. Tony Hawk? End your contract. Neversoft? What the fuck is THPS5? Robomodo.... please... please fix the damn game :(..............................
[]OH NO IT'S![]
[]Black Magic[]

Offline sk8ace

• Administrator
    • View Profile
I put 7 hours of play time in today. It's not as bad as I had planned on it being. I think once they fix the glitches, move slam to L2 or toggle it off and change KOTH to legit koth, it will be a lot more playable.

I'm not giving up on it yet.

Offline The_Con-Sept

• View Profile
I had to redo everything up to rooftops. Space sucks for me.  I will Max out stats to see if there is a difference. But the thing I hate is the level setup. I only like rooftops and bunker.
[]OH NO IT'S![]
[]Black Magic[]

Offline TNT

• Upload Approved
  • TNThps.us
    • View Profile
    • TNThps.us
I actually kind of like the direction the game is going. Future titles might be great again!
TNTHPS.us - THPS Modding Xbox 360, Xbox, PS2, Gamecube, PC, and more!

Offline The_Con-Sept

• View Profile
What I like:
1. Character Representation of the real thing. They skate in the game how they do in real life.
2. Level Design is spot on. Love most of the levels except for Mountain.
3. The controls work just fine. I know they do. If you hit the right combo it works.
4. 20 online skaters.

What I hate:
1.Grinds break constantly. The grind function in the game is seriously broken. Just play around in the Asteroid belt for more than a few minutes and you will suffer the same problem we all do. The grind function is seriously broken in that level alone. But it doesn't stop there. Most of the other levels have this same problem in certain areas.
2. Where is Rodney Mullen?
3. Why can't I do some awesome manual tricks? What the fuck? The special manuals suck! I want to casper, Pogo, Primo, or PIVOT!. COME ON! This is supposed to be a pro skater game!
4. First pro Ring mission in berrics.... I passed it but seriously this reminded me of playing Superman on N64. The rooftop ring mission suffers the same problem with this mode including the rail drop out problem from Asteroid Belt added to it. Like playing an even worse version of Superman 64.
5. Pellets.... They don't always work but when they don't.... they should have. The pellet missions suck balls. I passed them all don't get me wrong but seriously.... It would have been enough to at least TOUCH the damn object you were supposed to grind, jump, wall ride, or fucking air from.
6. If you don't use the spin buttons, the game becomes much harder just to stay in combo. Seriously try a manual to a simple jump 180 kickflip and land in a manual again WITHOUT USING THE NOOB SPIN BUTTONS. Try it. You'll see how much we hate the game because you can't enter in quick combinations! So basically I call it Tony Hawks Preschool skater 5 because noobs will love the game. (Relying on Spin buttons.) So I decided to fuck with the noobs in Asteroid Belt.

(Btw nice score ace!)

7. They changed the button combinations to double direction then the face button. So for a stiffy it is now Right + Right + Circle Instead of Right + Circle +Circle. Which again... fucks it up for us who like getting that extra "Perfect" landing.

8. Auto Specials and the special meter. I like the idea of the special button. But.... It doesn't refill in the same combo you deplete it in. The auto specials can screw you up. Play with Lil Wayne and you will see why I hate the left circle special grab.

9. King of the Hill and other Modes... I like it and then I don't. 2 minutes? And it doesn't work at all like previous games? It is basically the troll version of trick attack, but with firefight added..... COME ON YOU CAN'T CALL IT KING OF THE HILL AND FUCK IT UP THAT MUCH! WHERE THE FUCK ARE ALL THE OTHER MODES WE LOVED? Big Head mode is only fun with a full room.

10. Where is Graffiti mode? Please someone tell me where graffiti mode disappeared to.... And if they "Re-imagine it? I bet it will be shitting out pellets where ever you go.....

11. No one joins any hosted matches because they are all noobs. No seriously I played with a few people in the past few days since launch and NO ONE WANTS TO PLAY ANY MODES. I show off a small combo of 3 million..... They can't even muster 250,000. the match begin timer, and the way invites work.... NO.

12. Online lobby setup. There is none. I can't switch rooms unless I get lucky enough to get thrown into a different one. But that is a huge problem. No one wants to play any modes. Fucking BORING!

13. Glitchy as fuck game.... It needs a lot of polishing. It really does. The reason why the camera "Shakes" is because the online server works in such a way that everyone has to be synchronized with each other. So if you have 1 laggy as fuck player? Guess what? Your screen appears to shake. And sometimes... for absolutely no reason you end your combo. I know this is a server issue. I know it is. And I know it is all because of the synchronization script they have for the game. I have lost a lot of combos because of this.

14. create a park still has too much of a small limit of placed objects. makes me very sad to know I can build a god damn tree fort, but can't have anything but a nice building.... with no ramps, rails, half pipes.... it sucks. I hate the fact you really can't start with a completely blank canvas. Look at THPS4's C-a-P. BLANK CANVAS PLEASE. And let us raise and lower the dame ground ourselves please. God dammit. This game is a half disappointment. It feels like they were working on the game modes while the level designer had to keep going back in to change something. Re shaping the level or deleting shit.

15. No really cool stunts like in THPS4.... Just lines, combos, rings, and a bunch of noobs.

16... if you are really good you can actually reset your balance meter. But the method is a glitch.
[]OH NO IT'S![]
[]Black Magic[]

Offline TNT

• Upload Approved
  • TNThps.us
    • View Profile
    • TNThps.us
Man what's up with the glitch? I've been whoring my ass off to compete just to be beat by a little bit every single time I reach number 1, and everyone on xb1 denies up and down that they are doing anything, but nobody will link me a video to them doing a massive combo, and a handful completely ignore me even though I'm just trying to be friendly and chop it up.

PM me if it's a big deal.

Proof I've been whoring my ass off to compete:

Offline The_Con-Sept

• View Profile
I might as well let you know how the glitch for the rail and manual reset works. But it is seriously a glitched method.

When you are grinding on a rail for example, make damn sure well you are above ground high enough to quickly hit in the manual combo so that when you land you are still technically in a combo. Your rail meter will reset to a perfect balance, but it will still be fucking crazy to control. Knowing this you can endlessly go down the hill of mountain spamming this and rarely ever using the manual in certain parts. So because of this glitch you can ednlessly grind so many objects as long as you fall into a manual. Just make sure you are fast enough to hit that manual combo.

Also there is the Wall plant glitch that I used in Space.

How do you do it? Grind straight into a wall and jump high.... You can actually slam against the wall without changing your characters orientation, or having any reaction to slamming your face into the wall, and while you are falling just keep kick flippin. And you can hit X at any time, during any flip trick to kick off the wall and go back the other direction. And couple that with the fact that grinding in the asteroid belt has some fixed stat padding for Lil Wayne. For what ever reason I can grind far longer in Asteroid belt than any other level. And if you get the rhythm down just right?

You can jump kick flip 4 times, grind and quickly jump again, kick flip three more time. Grind jump, kick flip 5 more times. grind jump, kick flip 3 more times hit X to wall jump backwards, kick flip two more times, REPEAT. Best part about this is you can choose to either use up your special at the beginning or the end of your combo. I would suggest saving your special meter until the end of your 543 consecutive kickflips you can actually pull off before your grind meter finally gets to it's boiling point. Seriously that is how I got the score in space and EVERY HIGH SCORER IS DOING THE SAME DAMN THING! They are just getting better at performing the glitch method. I really don't care for the game anymore at this point. I bought it. I got a high score that I am happy about. And I already gave up on the game. I seriously feel conned out of 60 bux.
[]OH NO IT'S![]
[]Black Magic[]

Offline TNT

• Upload Approved
  • TNThps.us
    • View Profile
    • TNThps.us
Yeah, I really hate a lot of aspects of the game myself. I wish I could actually play some of the game modes, which is difficult on xb1 and I assume on ps4 as well. That would make me want to play more. The Battlefront beta comes out in a couple of days, so I can take a thps5 break for a while.

Offline The_Con-Sept

• View Profile
The problem with the modes? There are too many scared noobs playing online so they never join.
[]OH NO IT'S![]
[]Black Magic[]

Offline TNT

• Upload Approved
  • TNThps.us
    • View Profile
    • TNThps.us
It's not only that they're scared from what I can tell, you have to be in the same map in the same room to play together (which isn't anything new), but it's just impossible to get games going since it doesn't force every player to play like in the old games. They almost need like a matchmaking system in the menu so I could quick join a game on any map. I just want to be able to actually play them before the game dies.

Edit: on xb1 the current top combo on asteroid belt is 204,862,016 by this dude that hasn't been on the leaderboard at all until today, that's such trash.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2015, 05:18:06 pm by TNT »

Offline sk8ace

• Administrator
    • View Profile
This is what people are doing at Asteroid. I tried it but I can't keep my manual like he does lol.

I made a video last week about the grind reset but pulled it because it's not a real reset only a recenter. The meter swing speed is still the same though it's just temporarily recentered. Not that useful IMO.

Offline The_Con-Sept

• View Profile
yeah I just realized the rail balance meter wasn't really reset. it is just re-centered, but if you "kiss the rail" grind all of the time? You can do endless amounts of kiss rails in a single combo. But it does reset the rail for a full second I noticed.

But there are corner glitches and you can do an endless air combo in some areas and then land back on your board again. The CG Glitch requires you to wall ride into a corner while holding triangle. You can clip past the wall.
[]OH NO IT'S![]
[]Black Magic[]

Offline The_Con-Sept

• View Profile
Oh... and the reason why the manual balance meter doesn't go all crazy? Special stats for certain characters. There is definitely a hidden mechanic in the game where certain characters get different stat boosts. Like Lil wayne in Asteroid belt I could go on for ever infinitely doing the same thing in one area. I have been to 524 as the base multiplier, but I bailed. Only because I forgot to fill up my fucking special meter and land before doing everything. But I am sure I can get it upwards into the 900's with ease. I just didn't want to set up too much of a score. I wanted to just cap them off by 10 million. But this dude? He is more angry at this game than I am.
[]OH NO IT'S![]
[]Black Magic[]

Offline SK8.William

• Upload Approved
  • pfp art by ShutMeUp!
    • View Profile
    • Youtube Channel
I would play this game in a calculator.
THUGPro Custom Story Mode is out!
PLAY IT NOW!