Re: Downhill Jam - Secret Room! First Secret Room Ever! Long Live BGOAT!

Offline Orange87

• Rowley Darkslide...
    • View Profile
Hey Guys! This is my first post. I have been playing THPS since it was first released and I am now 30 years old. I have played constantly over the years trying to get to know every nook and cranny in the series. When I first played Downhill Jam back in the day I always noticed up on the left there was a glass window directly opposite a high ramp. It was always too good to be true but I could never break the glass. After reeling through countless pages on info it seems that this room was designed and removed in beta stages but for some reason was left in the game! Finally after years of attempts, doubt's and rumour's I made it into the room! I now have the technique to enter the room mastered so if anyone is interested I could write a description. I personally found this VERY rewarding as it has been years in the making and this would have been the first secret room ever designed in the series! I could be making a big deal out of nothing but I will let you guys decide! Pictures Attached.

To clarify you do not need cheats and this was performed on THPS2x version for the Original Xbox. I have yet to carry out further testing on PlayStation versions.

UPDATE: 8/11/2017

I have made a video showing how to get into this room:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8XUeC-Rwu4g

If your Interested in seeing more cool stuff like this visit my YouTube Channel "HIDDEN TAPE"

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCcd3hrvuWmdwL9oT3fwE3SQ

Kind Regards
Matt Fennell
« Last Edit: August 11, 2017, 06:16:04 pm by Orange87 »
Slowly Fasten Your Seatbelt

Offline SK8.William

• Upload Approved
  • pfp art by ShutMeUp!
    • View Profile
    • Youtube Channel
Congratulations! I wonder how do you made it through though.
THUGPro Custom Story Mode is out!
PLAY IT NOW!

Offline Orange87

• Rowley Darkslide...
    • View Profile
Ok so if you would like to enter this room yourself you need to jump off the platform opposite the window and aim for the bottom left hand side of the window. As soon as you boneless hold "Down" to lean back as if you were trying to land with all 4 wheels on the glass. During this air time I usually do 2x Pop Shove-its as you are holding down anyway. If you are lucky you will land in the room. There is also the chance to land/or bail on the window ledge and when you recover you will also be inside the room. If you are having trouble I just did some testing with the "Moon Physics" cheat applied and it made it easier. Once inside the room the physics are strange and you are able to ride on all surfaces within the room. Because of the location of this "Secret Room" I'm guessing it was not intended to house the "Secret Tape" but more likely would have held a "SKATE" letter in my opinion. If anyone has any information about this room please share it as I would love to know more about its intended purpose!

Kind Regards
Matt
« Last Edit: June 09, 2017, 05:08:04 pm by Orange87 »

Offline BloodshotBiz

• GlitchMaster
    • View Profile
    • thpsGoat.com | Home of Team Goat!
Good stuff man! This is the shit I have been talking about for years! This is that true BGOAT shit! It reminds me of when I went back and played thp8 years after it was considered dead and found a plethora of new glitches that led me to new areas!

Offline skatefilter5

• Upload Approved
  • Pro Skaters become into Arts
    • View Profile
    • My Gallary

Offline BloodshotBiz

• GlitchMaster
    • View Profile
    • thpsGoat.com | Home of Team Goat!

Offline Orange87

• Rowley Darkslide...
    • View Profile
@SkateFilter5, Yeah what "BloodshotBiz" said. This was all done using genuine hardware (No Emulators) etc. From what I have gathered there are a couple of teams porting these 2x levels across to THUGPro. One set will be customised/modernised and the other will be standard like for like copy's. For more information regarding these levels ask "BloodshotBiz" or check out his last post.

Kind Regards
Matt