Karma Description Feature?

BlazE · 21 · 34575

Offline BlazE

• Upload Approved
    • View Profile
I was looking around on the SMF website and found a feature that I think would be very useful on this site, a karma description tool.

Basically it allows users to comment on why they gave someone positive/negative karma. This would help filter some of the abuse of the karma system.

Here's a link to the mod on their website:

http://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?mod=192

I'm not sure how difficult this would be to implement, just thought I'd share the possibility.
Find mods and tutorials by me at www.tnthps.us

Offline Skater1014

• Upload Approved
    • View Profile
    • Discord

Offline sk8ace

• Administrator
    • View Profile
I was just looking at that as well. I am thinking about switching forums though so I want to hold off on any changes for now.

Offline ShutMeUp!

• I can't wait for you to ShutMeUp!
    • View Profile
    • ShutMeUp's DevonttaieArt.
Could be hella useful to stop Chatter from smiting me for my avatar not representing my real self! :D
 Rant, it's mostly for anger relief but i don't recommend opening it.:
I had to throw that in because even after restoring my karma AGAIN, i get a 56 karma, i had 57 yesterday. Nice fucking going.
If you want the case to rest, then YOU stop it, letting my hard earned karma go to waste by just ignoring this abuse of yours is like letting a leech suck your blood until you die.

Seriously, you want me to calm down? You calm your tits with the smite spam and i'll calm down. Why is the whole "your avatar is nothing like you so i'm smiting you all days of the week" a thing?
I understand you have an opinion, it's a stupid one and i respect it but why the need to smite me 24/7? Wasn't just throwing your opinion enough even if it is out of context?
You want me to add you to the skype group with THIS behaviour? Either stop this abuse or stop believing i will add you because im starting to suspect you're not gonna do any good to the chat like this.

If it was somebody else who smited me for whatever reason, i'll pretend this rant above wasn't made whatsoever. But im sure i didn't do anything smite-worthy today so i doubt it.

Well, actually not very useful now but it might be for future abuses so i still second it, it seems nice and able to get shit a bit more justified! :3
"Winners never cheat.
And cheaters never win."
-HooL (Quite a while ago)

Offline ShutMeUp!

• View Profile
Wait, switching forums will not delete anything, right?
"Winners never cheat.
And cheaters never win."

Offline sk8ace

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Yea, it will just be a migration. Users/posts will transfer, Karma will not transfer. Installing this mod will wipe karma anyways.

Offline BlazE

• Upload Approved
    • View Profile
Yea, it will just be a migration. Users/posts will transfer, Karma will not transfer. Installing this mod will wipe karma anyways.

If a new rep system is implemented, then I think a clean-sweep of karma is a good idea anyways
Find mods and tutorials by me at www.tnthps.us

Offline ShutMeUp!

• View Profile
We could be keeping track of the users' karma and then add it back after wiping, right? I can type it all in a notepad if you need me to! ^-^
I just love doing favors and hearing that ear-moaning "Thanks".. >_>
"Winners never cheat.
And cheaters never win."

Offline sk8ace

• Administrator
    • View Profile
We could do that. The data is stored in the database. I could just export the table before installing the mod and then import it after. I'll need to find the password for the database before I can do this though. I have no idea what it is lol. I'll probably get it done this weekend if I have some free time.

Offline Chatter

• Upload Approved
  • 19/m/Netherlands
    • View Profile
I agree that this could be good system, this is just my thinking but maybe we take this karma too seriously and care too much? Either way I wouldn't be against this.

I wouldn't mind the clean sweep. I know I am in the minus right now and I know it's because of some drama I've caused and maybe a few other reasons here and there, mostly I just want this forum to be a success by doing what I can (not saying I'm doing everything right)

I try to get a lot of posts/ideas going, I introduce new people to the forums (Like my friend Latino Skater), I sometimes advertise the forums on THUGPro, etc.

But this isn't about me: about the karma:

I'm down for anything that can happen, smiting is obviously something that can be abused and I'd understand if someone would be annoyed by that (although idk why you'd appear overly emotional and pissed about it). We already have a limit of once per 24 hours which is good, and I'm pretty certain you need at least a few posts/hours of online activity/days that the account exist before you can even modify karma.
Sup, I'm Chatter. (HN.Chatter) my Skype is thedudecalledjoris.

My clan is HN. Henchness!

I'm always LF people to play with, also wanna join a clan some day and do wars/competitions and stuff.

Offline ShutMeUp!

• View Profile
(although idk why you'd appear overly emotional and pissed about it)
Because my request was ignored, maybe? I don't know!

Good luck with it, sk8ace! :3
"Winners never cheat.
And cheaters never win."

Offline Latino Skater

• Oye 18/M Latino here
    • View Profile
XD
Roses are red
Violets are blue
Tony Hawk's
Pro skater 2

Offline ShutMeUp!

• View Profile
100% accurate! :T
"Winners never cheat.
And cheaters never win."

Offline Chatter

• Upload Approved
  • 19/m/Netherlands
    • View Profile
@Latino Skater

Although the situation might be shitty, that was the most hilarious in-context picture I've seen in a while xD, props to you!

Now lets try to get back on topic here.

I'm always LF people to play with, also wanna join a clan some day and do wars/competitions and stuff.

Offline Chatter

• Upload Approved
  • 19/m/Netherlands
    • View Profile
So.. am I the only one no longer allowed to smite?